• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Falco Matchup Thread

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
I actually didn't know you wrote a section against puff.

i keep forgetting that i have PS to counter pick instead of DL...
i've seen shiz use bthrow on a jiggs. i think it was bthrow fair utilt. i'm gonna need some clarification on whether that works or not :laugh:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, it probably works if the puff isn't ready for it, but I've never tried it lol.

And it's in the title that I wrote a puff thing, and I posted it.....

=(

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it helped me. You still didn't exactly clarify what your number one counter pick would be if they bann YS though. But you probably just left it up to the person to decide what stage suits their stype of play better.

Also i noticed down tilt kills puff with no di at 77 percent on fd. And like 60 percent on ys on platforms. What would be the best way to get a dtilt in

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that was kind of the idea.

I personally go PS first every time since they ban YS, but that's me.
yeah that's what i'd feel most comfortable on aswell. But with the double jumping randomly against jiggs. When she just runs under me and sheilds. What should i do

attacking her sheild with dair to shine doesnt seem worth it since you don't get that much off the shine and if you stuff up she has some good options oos

Niko45

Smash Master
Yea, I was going to suggest for the Marth section to touch on Marth's WD OOS stuff more, since it's a *huge* weapon for him.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
about puff:

on Fd, no platforms, so oyu have to uptilt EVERYTHINg. im not even kididng lol uptilt ***** almost everything she does. Like, Dair past her sheild and uptilt. it will hit her if she tries to punish you with bair OoS or wd oos or anything. if she doesnt do anything after the first uptilt, run away lol.

if you sheild pressur eher tho, keep in mind that she can also Upsmash OoS especially from behind and if you're around 60ish gg she's gonna rest you so you have to careful not to **** around if the puff knows she can upsmash oos (for some reason puffs dont do this but you should be aware of it cuz its basically a free rest and even harder to di than upthrow. )

and i dont think puff can tech falco's dthrow 0_o atleast at low-mid percents cuz you can do an old school combo dthrow->dsmash/upsmash if they DI anyway except up and away. i dunno dthrow is wierd like that >_>

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
honestly, if you run a train of dairs on a jiggs (maybe 2-3 or infinite dairs), spike them to the ground and they don't tech (generally not an uncommon situation), you can just follow that with a dtilt. if you see them teching, just adapt and punish accordingly. that's usually how i get my dtilts in.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
hey, Dr.PP usually suggests to shoot a low laser and to jump over it to counter PSing (from far away)
(or to do fake lasers)

I think last WE i accidently shot a high laser that got PSed and i ran under the reflected laser.
If that really works i think that would be a nice mixup as well, altho low laser--> jump over reflected laser probably is better most of the time.

On another note i finally get how awsome dsmash is against Marth.
When you shieldpressure good Marths they will try to outspace your shine with a grab if possible.
(For instance by making the shield a bit "lighter" and/or shield DIing or timed WD backs if they read you)
If you land just at the distance where your shine won't hit if the Marth releases his shield you can surprise him with dsmash.
When he tries do to something chances are he'll get hit by the dsmash.
And if he doesn't "hardshield" + tilt the shield towards you (for ASDI) chances are high you'll push him away far enough that he can't shieldgrab you.

Of course this is nothing that is guaranteed but i feel like it kinda works.

If the Marth has high % and/or low shield its even awsomer =)

X1-12

Smash Champion
I do a similar thing but with angled F-tilt, if you get F-tilt against a shield that a SHL follow up to probably another F-tilt/D-tilt/D-smash

Also against a marth if you d-air him and he lands in front of you but you don't want to shine would you do another D-air? or turn around up-tilt or just mix both of those up?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Sorry, I mean like Say i shined him at around 30% and then Instant double jump to fast fall D-air, He's now around 45% I land before he does but he is falling slightly infront of me and if I shine he will go too far up - should I:

Turn around U-tilt
Up-smash?
Grab?
SHFFL D-air?

EDIT: VID http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r4E...5&index=42&playnext=3&playnext_from=PL#t=0m48

Bombsoldier shines after the spike but marth is out of reach and form the vid it looks like a normal up-tilt wouldn't hit because ken was infront of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_qsvjuzy8#t=1m42s

also Ken vs pc chris this is a better example of what i mean - PC does a dash attack after? what else would be better to do?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
turn around uptilt is probably the best option and will string into longer combos best.
shffl dair would also be good then you could go for a techchase.
upsmash is ok but you'll have a tough time following up depending on his DI cuz marth is a floaty and upsmash has loads of cooldown.

i personally wouldnt bother grabbing.
additionally you could shine him like bombsoilder did and full hop->shine bair or something.

in the ken vs pc clip in that instant, i would have forward smashed 100%.
then set up a marth killer and watch him cry. PC is bad at this game.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I think bombsoldier was just slow on the shine follow up (he just jumped out of the shine rather than wave shining to DJ FF dair). I typically shine in that situation.

In the PC clip, Marth was too far forward to shine, so dash attack was probably best.

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
i have a question can somebody please break down the falco shine platform cancel i been trying to learn how to do it but i can never find intructions how to do it i see dr.ppepe zhu mang dSW do it all the time like shine pltform canel in generl how does it workplease help

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
jump, shine, double jump, airdodge to waveland onto a platform.

or are you talking about something else? Also, this is the wrong thread for it, ask in PP's advice thread or the less used Mogwai's advice thread.
THANK YOU man i finally know the method to do it cause i didnt know you had to double jump after the shine to get the air dodge thanks am ill go to the PPl advice for more info

X1-12

Smash Champion
how do you deal with a marth edge-guarding my countering your up+b, I've seen it being ledge-teched but what DI do you need?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I usually double stick tech sideways into the edge.

I probably just need Smash DI though.

It's pretty hard to practice until you get the weird timing down.

Also, I'm updating the Puff matchup at some point.

X1-12

Smash Champion
okay so out of marth and falco, who do you think has better match-ups vs these characters?

Mario bros (all 3)
Ganon
Ness
Pika
Pichu
G&W

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Falco's definitely better vs. Luigi, I'm sorta up in the air vs. other Marios, but I'd say Falco's better vs. them too.
Falco's way better vs. Ganon
they both pack Ness's **** in cause Ness is the 2nd worst character in the game, lawl
ummm, I dunno, personally, I have a harder time vs. Falco than vs. Marth as Pikachu, but I dunno, they're both hard for Pika
probably Marth for Pichu, but w/e, they both pack his **** in really hard
Falco for G&W, no shield = auto ****.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I'd say marth for Mario/Doc, it's just too easy to outrange them. I have no experience whatsoever against luigi.

Definitely falco for ganon.
Ness and g&w probably go to marth but they're both pretty easy regardless.
pikachu and pichu are definitely better for marth. those rats can do some pretty nasty chaingrabbing/techchasing stuff to spacies if they get in. which they shouldnt, of course, but will happen sometimes, so it's just easier for marth.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
good **** PP. I'm sorta busy this week, but now that I'm a mod and stuff, I'll probably try to be more active with keeping the Falco boards in order and updating this guide to the point where I can infract anyone for asking anything because we cover it all here :laugh:

Niko45

Smash Master
okay so out of marth and falco, who do you think has better match-ups vs these characters?

Mario bros (all 3)
Ganon
Ness
Pika
Pichu
G&W
Marth vs Pikachu is nearly even imo.

In fact, besides Ness (which gets dominated no matter what), Falco has way way better matchups against all of these characters than Marth does.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@Mogwai: Hahaha nice. It'll be good to see you telling people off around around here more often. =p

I hope you can get more stuff written soon as well. I like reading your perspectives on matchups and all as well.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Unless I missed it, Poke Stadium was left out of the Jiggs matchup discussion. I really like it for the matchup too, cause you can laser like FD, but there are plats for you to camp near/on. They are annoying when you DI an uthrow onto them, but the transformations are all pretty good for Falco too with plenty of shine spikes off the top on the high parts of some transformations.

Top Bottom