• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Matchup #22: Peach

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Puns, har har har.

This match-up is NOT good for Peach from my experience. Make sure you grab a drink for this one because it lasts ****ing forever and you really can't chase a kill. Lasers do so much here it isn't funny. You should always be letting her approach and punishing it rather than approaching yourself. Turnips aren't too much of a threat unless you're offstage recovering.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Falco is so much faster than Peach, but her combo/mix up potential is high.

Don't over commit when she is in the air lol

seriously though, you can PS her Nair and OOS UpSmash if they don't pull away. They never pull away, they want the hit. Be careful when she tries crossing you up cuz jumping out of shield is bad against that situation. Ledge hop reflector limits her offense when you're on the ledge. Stay away from platforms.

:phone:

Ledge hop reflector limits her offense when you're on the ledge.
Reflector is great for hitting peach out of her float. Peach will want to try to get back to the stage by baiting people with float every so often or simply trying to space her Fair. Reflector is great for messing up that spacing when a laser might be harder/take longer to aim.

M@v

Subarashii!
Pew Pew

Pew Pew

Pew Pew

This is other mid tier matchup I have loads of exp in besides rob. Lots of pew pew in this mu. Not much peach can do. Nair and dair work really well too. Buffer your cg or you get naired out of it. If the peach is dumb with floating and down airs, you can upsmash her out of it, but most peaches float away before you can. Only move you need to avoid in this mu really is fair due to its insane range.

When recovering, remember peach can only cover 1 linear path extremely well(ex. floating above the stage waiting to nair you). She's not very good in covering the Y axis during recoveries for a few reasons:

A. Her vertical jumping ability is horrible

B. Float can only stay at one level(obviously)

C. None of her moves while floating have a large upward hitbox.

D. Her best upward hitting moves, uptilt and upsmash, are both grounded ones.

If she's floating waiting for you to come back, recover high. If she's standing waiting for you, expect her to try and uptilt you or nair. Only good option she has for cover a large portion of the y axis are turnips, and they are easy to get past.
Its almost always a good idea to recovery high vs peach if you have platforms to stay away from her, or you can illusion cancel and recover from lag before she catches you.

Falco wins this one solidly.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Look for Peach trying to Dash Attack your SH(DL). She might try to throw a turnip under your lasers as well, but good Peach mains will limit them

Jab Cancels to Ftilt (and just Ftilt) destroy Peach, but she can Nair out of full jab.

She has a 0-24% Dthrow CG on us. (Dthrow>Buffered turn around grab)x4. She can finish off with weak Ftilt, Bair, and Utilt.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I love this mathcup as a Peach, because all Falcos get predictable with their phantasms and get murdered.

- Your jabs, ftilt, and upsmash are RIDICULOUSLY annoying in the matchup. Especially well spaced jab cancels. It's really hard to get in.
- Peaches are going to try and dash attack your SH lasers so don't get happy with it when we are coming in close.
- At the same time every Falco I've played does the same phantasm. They "pew pew" until Peach is close and then try to phantasm the opposite way. Any Peach that has played the match X amount of times is going to punish you hard for it. Try retreating your phantasms up high.
- Don't recover predictably with phatasm. I throw a turnip to try and force it out, and then nair or bair you for the KO. Sometimes an up-B works better because we're looking for phantasm.
- It's almost better to follow up dthrow with a buffered short hop nair because we can air dodge out of BDACUS except at low percents

- Your aerials (and ground moves) all have better priority so just be smart (or reckless) and you'll probably trade moves or hit us out of ours (including our dair which is very unnerving).

- Dont' fish for kills. Falco and Peach both have trouble killing each other and are both waiting to punish HARD out of shield.

- Don't let us grab you or uair string you. Or dair you for that matter, you're asking to lose a good 30%.

Falco can win, but if you are too predicatable, Peaches will eat you for breakfast! Falco wins with a slight advantage.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
It IS indeed 6:4 Falco, but it's not like this MU is a cakewalk either. You can't play overly aggressive against Peach because her aerials could potentially kick your ***. Just stay camping and Nair a lot. Nair shuts down a lot of her aerial options so make sure to make good use of it. Another thing to point out is how the peach uses their turnips. When a Peach glidetosses a turnip to you, she will usually follow up with a grab or an attack, so I would suggest rolling away, jabbing, or even just throwing out a Usmash. It's worked for me lol.

Offstage, if the Peach has good spacing, we have a hard time dealing the last hit on her simply because her float is useful as HELL offstage. Don't commit too much for the offstage kill and just stay camping on the stage. An interesting to point out is that if the Peach isn't good at SDIing, when she's under the ledge and about to parasol, you edgeguard, she parasols, you down air. Works well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUpM6b19AgI#t=59s

^like this. (yes I know I played bad, whatever)

Never approach her directly from below, either. Her Dair is her best aerial, imo, and it eats up a lot of Falco's aerials. Just hit her on the side with Bair, or even jump above her and pull a Dair off... but that's highly situational. When YOU'RE recovering, just phantasm to the ledge. Her grounded float nair will simply **** our phantasm if we try to get back onstage. For the most part, just try to make it to the ledge; whether you're firebirding or phantasming.

As others have stated, it's 6:4 Falco, but it also heavily depends on how well the Peach knows the MU. Chances are, they'll give you a run for your money.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dude, Peachkid is pretty cool. He beat me in tournament while I was in Colorado earlier this year.

Top Bottom