• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Matchup #13: Sheik

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Match-Up Thread #13
SHEIK

In this thread, post any contribution you have regarding the Sheik matchup.

Keep these in mind when posting:
- What do we have against her?
- What to watch out for?
- Certain do's & don'ts
- Any additional information or data necessary.

Go.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
55-45 Sheik

Falco can chain grab Sheik 5-6 times and dacus or dair without any issues.
Falco's jabs can go through all of sheik's moves.(besides needels).
Falco can get forward tilt locked by sheik so avoid that.
The whole lock from start to finish does 90 somthing all together.
Sheiks needels can turn falco around and also stop our recoveries.
Sheik is very easy to ledge guard because her recovery sucks.
Her tether to the ledge though is amazing unless you know ledge guard.
Sheik can crawl under falco's lasers and falco's shine.
Avoid sheiks pivot grabs.(Deadly).
Sheik has a hard time DI falco's jabs.
Sheik has a killing problem so falco has a better chance.

This is an even match-up. Nothing has really changed much.

-Out jab/ftilt out ranges sheik's close-up based combat and that is probably the range to stay at to avoid being caught in her ftilt.
-I've seen Judo complain about the ftilt lock on Falco compared to wolf/fox, so I suppose that is something to be grateful for :p
-Short hopping at really any range is hurtful because sheik's needles fully charged can hit him out of it. Plus, Sheik's dacus and dash attack gives her "get underneath falco quickly" options. So attempting SHDL with Sheik at neutral stance will put Falco at risk. Attempting SHL gives you the time to Dair/airdodge before shiek gets to you or be able to reflect needles if you see her start them up before you pull the laser out.
-Sheik has an air release -> Usmash on falco. However, I think she cannot force the air release. Falco has to press up on the c-stick or control stick or press the jump button to escape and do an air release.
-Jab her out of any AAA she does.
-Don't be surprised by needles to stop falco's phantasm recovery, you and phantasm right away again.

For the most part, try to keep sheik at ftilt/jab range while camping SHL. Punish approaches. Space aerials so you do not end up jumping into a nair/fair when juggling. Sheik will likely want the ledge and try to stall out time to get herself on the ledge or using her tether to get there quickly. Edgehoggging is a decent way to cover a lot of her recovery options safely.

hydrobatmann

Smash Rookie
NNID
hydrobatmann
Switch FC
5010 1440 3947
My experience with Falcos

Sheik has a hard time to hit Falco if both are on the air. Falco can hit easily Sheik on the air if Sheik try to give a hit to Falco. Sheik has a more easy game in the ground in this MU , so if you're a Falco's Player i recommend sending Sheik over the air( Watch out of the needles! , use your reflector if you are too far of Sheik )

I hope this helps somebody.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Might be even, but I think this is in Falco's favor.

Falco beats Sheik on stage pretty solidly, his jab outranges all of her grab moves. I feel like it is harder to deal with a campy Sheik more than fighting her up close. The only big threats Sheik has against Falco is the ftilt lock, which is seems very difficult for Sheik players to do on Falco and her ability to gimp Falco so well.

kismet2

Smash Ace
yeah against sheik i like to shield. that way if they even ftilt then i can dair/bair(if they're behind me)/grab/jab. you can roll if you just want to reset the situation against her and as for her recovery just always grab the ledge lol let her get back to the stage so you can dair, bair, or grab to throw her back offstage. we have to watch out for dacus and dash attack but shl and dairs will generally take care of those.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I will say that Sheik's walking crouch will make lasering tough. It enables her to close ground REALLY fast.

The tilt lock is a bit hard against Falco since Sheik has to go at a different pace than others like Fox and Wolf. It can definitely kill when done right though. Dehf nailed it on the head, campy Sheik will be a bit tougher than rush down. It really becomes who gets the lead. One last thing to add though, if the tilt lock doesn't kill Falco, it becomes Falco's match. Sheik has a tough time landing the kill, especially if you're being wary of DACUS.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
You know what's really annoying? When you think you're gonna beat Ed but then he gets a tilt lock on you. And when you think you know how to get out, you don't. You become the victim of a torturous, malevolent death.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
You know what's really annoying? When you think you're gonna beat Ed but then he gets a tilt lock on you. And when you think you know how to get out, you don't. You become the victim of a torturous, malevolent death.
Smash Di down and away.
Mash that C-Stick and Analog stick as fast as possible.
Then you get a Ps and grab :3

My friends and I were testing out how to escape it.. and it's hard on my Thumbs.
I got a few foot stools on Shiek.

Top Bottom