• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco: Is He Honestly Cheap?

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
NJ is absolutely correct. Seriously people, listen to him. Or any Falco who actually knows what they are talking about.

@Adi. You brought me to my next point nicely. Falco seems gayer actually, but in different way. Instead of the best approach, he has the best anti-approaches. Projectile spam is harder to deal with now in general, and the fact that he can SHDL instead of SHL is a vast improvement to this end. He has fairly good edge guards, and where spikes are kings of kill moves, he still has his, and it's still good once you take like, five minutes to get used to. He lost his combos (so did everyone), but he gained the tools to compete in this game, as well as a chain grab to allow him to fully abuse the broken shields in this game.

AsC3NdaNcy

Smash Rookie
Although Falco has the ability to camp and still attack due to his lazers, I think cheapness is not really what Falco's about. I hate spammers who spam neutral B from stages which can enable a lot of spacing between characters but their are a few ways to get around that unless the person you are playing is a complete n00b and all he/she does is spam lazers ::laugh:

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
SSBB - 50 bucks
Chars in it 35.

lets say 50/35 = 1.4285. lets say 1.4 bucks per char.

yeah falco for 1.4 dollars is cheap LOL!

NavyCherub

Smash Rookie
Falco is just as "cheap" as any other character that is used well. He seems like more of a pick up and play character, but you are never going to use him right that way, so it's not like he doesn't take any practice to understand and master, but he is good in a very basic way without knowing his intricacies.

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
Ok I don't know if this will help some people that played melee realize that this is a different game. But seriously, try to think of falco as a completely different character if it helps you. People are arguing that he lost some **** that he had in melee. 'OMG he can't combo with dair to shine repeat he must be NERFEDZORZ up the @$$.' Thats because the **** has changed not for the better or for the worse. Let me give you an example people think that falcon got nerfed. Falcon was "brawled" not nerfed. Just because you can't use his fair effectively anymore doesn' t make him nerfed it makes him changed... his smashes still kill (f-smash being pretty effective) his bair is good at killing possibly replacing the fair.

So transferring this over to the case of falco. His shl goes over people's heads and u can't fastfall them anymore. What about the fact that now he can shoot 2 and do his shine when he lands if someone tries to approach him. And there is still no landing lag...

Ok so lets talk about some of the things that may lead people to believe falco is "cheap"

his chaingrab: YES its a free high amount of damage that can lead into a spike and like nj said it can still be comboed out of if the character can't be chaingrabbed.. and even after you can't chain grab a character you can still use it to combo. To add on to how ridiculously good it is once u're grabbed you can't avoid it.

shdl: still good its kind of self explanitory...

dash attack cancelled up smash: Easy to land on someone shielded... If they shield your dash attack u can go straight into upsmash with no lag from the dash attack if they aren't expecting it they're ****ed.

Bair: Falco still has his bair which actually is a big deal in brawl because most bairs have little hit frames and start up lag. For example fox's bair, you can't edgehog to his bair and grab the edge again. With falco u can do this and easily repeat it to keep them off stage.

Ok so if you're using the word cheap like it means top tier material then yes falco is cheap. His chain grab alone can put him up at top tier..

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Just duck under the lasers and roll over to him and punish him lol.
Ok, you have to stop posting on SmashBoards. Duck = limited movement, I like forcing people to duck. Roll over = "hey there, read my movements please so you can **** me up the ***, thanks Falco. Oh, and please leave the feather in" :embarrass
Ok I don't know if this will help some people that played melee realize that this is a different game. But seriously, try to think of falco as a completely different character if it helps you. People are arguing that he lost some **** that he had in melee. 'OMG he can't combo with dair to shine repeat he must be NERFEDZORZ up the @$$.' Thats because the **** has changed not for the better or for the worse. Let me give you an example people think that falcon got nerfed. Falcon was "brawled" not nerfed. Just because you can't use his fair effectively anymore doesn' t make him nerfed it makes him changed... his smashes still kill (f-smash being pretty effective) his bair is good at killing possibly replacing the fair.

So transferring this over to the case of falco. His shl goes over people's heads and u can't fastfall them anymore. What about the fact that now he can shoot 2 and do his shine when he lands if someone tries to approach him. And there is still no landing lag...

Ok so lets talk about some of the things that may lead people to believe falco is "cheap"

his chaingrab: YES its a free high amount of damage that can lead into a spike and like nj said it can still be comboed out of if the character can't be chaingrabbed.. and even after you can't chain grab a character you can still use it to combo. To add on to how ridiculously good it is once u're grabbed you can't avoid it.

shdl: still good its kind of self explanitory...

dash attack cancelled up smash: Easy to land on someone shielded... If they shield your dash attack u can go straight into upsmash with no lag from the dash attack if they aren't expecting it they're ****ed.

Bair: Falco still has his bair which actually is a big deal in brawl because most bairs have little hit frames and start up lag. For example fox's bair, you can't edgehog to his bair and grab the edge again. With falco u can do this and easily repeat it to keep them off stage.

Ok so if you're using the word cheap like it means top tier material then yes falco is cheap. His chain grab alone can put him up at top tier..
THANK YOU CONTROLFREAK
falco's not cheap. he's not pick-up-and-play material so much as wolf is. :/
Wow....let's see....Falco is actually good compared to Wolf.

Top Bottom