• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Help?

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
Even though falco is a much better mu than falcon or sheik, i have 100% more trouble with the mu. Against any other character in the game, if I lose i know why or how to fix it. Against falco, i feel like there is nothing more i could have done. Laser makes spacing incredibly hard, over shot dair beats any wd back or cc, shine grab or simply laser grab makes up b oos not a great option, and even when they nair/dair on shield it can be safe enough to not get hit by Up B. Falxo has a stupidly easy punish game on samus. Even if it doesn't kill you, it'll get you off stage or way out of cc percent. My biggest problem with the mu i guess is that i cannot figure out how to proactively drive the neutral, it feels like there's nothing i can do unless they mess up.

I have to play 2 Falcos regularly in tourney and one of them is the campiest falco in existence (is totally ok with a time out ) and the other is much more aggressive but still plays smart with lasers and spacing.
I am extremely inconsistent against both despite it being one of my most played MUs. Pls help.

Corigames

Smash Hero
1. Powershielding. It's the future. Fight fire with 1/2 reduced damage fire. If you get consistent with powershielding, the neutral game will open up to you immensely.

2. If they are safely spacing aerials on your shield, then that means they are susceptible to attacks. Do an Fsmash: you reel back to dodge slightly and then punch them. If they are crossing up, then UpB should work fine.

3. If you are going to aggress, stay right on top of him and jab/tilt your way into maintaining control. If you are going to retreat, stay one step ahead of the laser game by moving as much as possible, both vertically (on platforms, not free-floating) and horizontally.

4. WD downsmash is always a good trade.

Also try harder. Like, even harder. No, not that much. Harder.

Last edited:

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
Know your OOS options. Once you get them down along with powershielding then Falco is muuuuuuch easier to handle.

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
ya guys, so like honestly this post wasnt even worth making i see now, not that your input is bad, but just this MU is 100% better than it is for samus. so i dont really need any help after all :)

Smash Journeyman
"this MU is 100% better than it is for Samus"

which MU?

Smash Journeyman
no, it sounds like you're playing a different character vs Falco now, but you didn't specify who...

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather play against a Falco than a Marth or Sheik honestly. Atleast Falco dies.

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
sheik and marth are way easier to kill as samus tho, not only can you get easy edge guards on both, but you can go for better things in the neutral unlike against falco

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
I dunno man. Sheik and Marth have better ways to space around your shield than space animals. Also I think killing space animals is way easier, although I think that's more of a preference thing.

FROST :)

Smash Cadet
I got way better at the match up just by having better platform movement and shield dropping. Also Wavedashing OoS/ UP B OoS helped a lot

Hulkbust3r

Smash Rookie
Just be the terminator. Walk forward, eat the lasers and kick the bird in his ugly face. Falco dies if you look at him funny.

Also, neutral-air beats almost everything Flacco has.

Last edited:

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
Also, neutral-air beats almost everything Flacco has.
This is simply a lie. Falco's dair, bair, nair, and fair all beat out samus nair in a head on collision. you can poke them from behind their hitboxes ofc, but thats not beating it its just the opponent being an idiot

Top Bottom