• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Frame Data

person701

Smash Journeyman
SL can true combo in Jab (you have +3 advantage, Jab takes 2 frames to hit), which then leads into a grab if they shield.
Nice thinking =)
I've compiled some frame data for Falco, and I thought other people might like to see it.

Jab:
1st jab total: 16
1st jab hits on frame 2
1st jab shield hit lag: 6
1st jab shield stun: 7
1st jab advantage: -13
2nd jab hits on frame 10 (counting frame 1 as first frame of 1st jab)
Linking to 2nd jab hit box advantage: -7 (opponent has 7 frames between shield stun and 2nd jab hit box)

Dash Attack:
Total: 35
First hits on frame 4
Shield hit lag: 8
Shield stun: 10
Advantage: -29
Linking to Usmash hit box advantage: -6 (opponent has 6 frames between shield stun and Usmash hit box)

Dtilt:
Total: 27 frames
First hits on frame 7
Shield hit lag: 9
Shield stun: 13
Advantage: -16

Ftilt:
Total: 26 frames
First hits on frame 6
Shield hit lag: 8
Shield stun: 11
Advantage: -17

Utilt:
Total: 36 frames
First hits on frame 4, second hit on frame 12
Shield hit lag: 6 (second hit)
Shield stun: 11 (second hit)
Advantage: -19 (second hit)

Dsmash:
Total: 46 frames
First hits on frame 7
Shield hit lag: 11
Shield stun: 15
Advantage: -35

Fsmash:
Total: 49 frames
First hits on frame 16 – 18 at least
Shield hit lag: 5
Shield stun: 14
Advantage: -22

Usmash:
Total: 44 frames
First hits on frame 8
Shield stun: 13
Advantage: -32

Nair:
First hits on frame 3
Landing lag: 9
Shield hit lag: 6
Shield stun: 7
Advantage: -8

Dair:
First hits on frame 5
Landing lag: 12
Shield hit lag: 10
Advantage: -8

Fair:
First hits on frame 6
Landing lag: 33
Shield hit lag:
Shield stun:
Advantage: bad - not going to bother checking

Bair:
First hits on frame 4
Landing lag: 15
Shield hit lag: 10
Advantage: -11

Uair:
First hits on frame 10
Landing lag: 15
Shield stun: 12
Advantage: -12

Neutral-B:
First hits on frame 12

Airborne Neutral B:
First hits on frame 10
Shield stun: 5
"Silent Laser" lag: 2
Advantage: +3

Side-B:
First hits on frame 17

Up-B:
First hits on frame 21

Down-B:
Total: 51 frames
First hits on frame 4 – 6 at least
Shield hit lag: 0
Shield stun: 9
Advantage: -34

Standing Grab:
Total: 29 frames
First grabs frame 6

Dash Grab:
Total: 39 frames
First grabs on frame 11

Pivot Grab:
Total: 35 frames
First grabs on frame 9

Jump airborne on frame 7
SH airborne for 37 frames
SH fast fall airborne for 27 frames

Spot Dodge:
Lasts 22 Frames
Invincible Frames 2 – 20

Roll Backward:
Lasts 31 Frames
Invincible Frames 4 – 19

Roll Forward:
Lasts 31 Frames
Invincible Frames 4 – 19

Air Dodge:
Lasts 49 Frames
Invincible Frames 4 – 31

EDIT: Updated with some Jab information.

If there are any other bits of frame data you'd like investigated for Falco, just let me know. It's kind of troublesome to find out exactly how long certain hit boxes "stay out," but everything else isn't too bad to test and get the data.
Wow. This will really help! Also, what about full jump frames and their fast fall frames? Turn around frames out of a run? And (if any) turn -> jump frame data (RARing).

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Thankyou for bumping this thread. I had completely forgotten about the useful info it held.

3GOD, may I use your Frame Data for my Shine Guide? It is very useful for many things, such as explaining the dead spot of the shine.

Also, if you have the time (this is very tedious), maybe determine if the exact frame of the shine hitting as any relation to how it trips? That would be a great discovery. But like I said, it would be very time consuming, so feel free to just not do it.

person701

Smash Journeyman
Thankyou for bumping this thread. I had completely forgotten about the useful info it held.

3GOD, may I use your Frame Data for my Shine Guide? It is very useful for many things, such as explaining the dead spot of the shine.

Also, if you have the time (this is very tedious), maybe determine if the exact frame of the shine hitting as any relation to how it trips? That would be a great discovery. But like I said, it would be very time consuming, so feel free to just not do it.
All for add ons and a good cause ^.^

And if we could trip 100% of the time: = win

J4pu

Smash Champion
i wish we knew the attack duration for the aerials, that is the amount of frames after using an attack until you can start your next action, that would clear up what aerial is best for recovering when hit off-stage

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Jab:
1st jab hits on frame 2
Linking to 2nd jab hit box advantage: -7 (opponent has 7 frames between shield stun and 2nd jab hit box)

How long does the second jab last and what's the disadvantage on that one if you hit their shield?

If you figure out how long the hit stun on jabs are(amount of frames before they can punish you if they're hit without shielding, what's the earliest they can attack or shield)

From what I see, 1,2 jabs can't be punished out of shield. If it takes 7 frames to drop a shield plus extra frames to react and use their attack, technically Falco's at the advantage because of the better offensive position he has.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Jab:
1st jab hits on frame 2

How long does the second jab last and what's the disadvantage on that one if you hit their shield?

If you figure out how long the hit stun on jabs are(amount of frames before they can punish you if they're hit without shielding, what's the earliest they can attack or shield)

From what I see, 1,2 jabs can't be punished out of shield. If it takes 7 frames to drop a shield plus extra frames to react and use their attack, technically Falco's at the advantage because of the better offensive position he has.
shield grab only takes 5 frames though and dropping the shield isnt necessary

metroid1117

Smash Master
What is the first frame that Falco starts moving during his side+B? Is that just the same as the first frame that the hitbox comes out?

Q8_GooGles

Smash Rookie
can anyone tell me what this is useful for? I'm pretty new to SSBB and I'm trying to learn to use Falco.

What are the advantages of knowing his frame data? How can you put it to use is what I'm trying to ask?

Thanks.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It shows the speed of the attacks, along with startup and ending lag. Useful information for you to know if you want to compare the attacks with other characters'. It also gives an indication of which moves are sager than others etc.

Next time, save a question like this for the Q&A thread instead of reviving old threads.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Is there any way to find out @ which frames you need to press B to cancel your illusion at different lenghts?

That way is called "getting frame data", but getting frame data is hard to get. We have been waiting on stuff like this for awhile since the person who did this frame data hasn't been on in awhile. So for now we have no frame data on that yet.

J4pu

Smash Champion
bento are you just curious, or do you actually think knowing the frame number is going to help your timing?
because if it's the latter, that's just ridiculous, so since you normally seem like an intelligent poster i'll assume it's the former. in which case, I'm curious to know how big each window of opportunity is as well.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I am really curious as to the size of the windows as well. As of now, we do not even know the total amount of frames of the illusion so that would be a good start. And I do think it could help with the timing too. I know that to perform the long cancel, you need to press B RIGHT after the screeching sound and I believe such auditive cues can be used to get the timing right better, for all of the cancel variations, if only we could put a frame on every single part of the illusion's animation~ I can perform the long cancel more than 50% of the time now.

But who would go to such lengths for you guys... :p

I don't even know how to gather frame data.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
That stuff is insanely hard to get by hand (Not using a debug).

So we won't get our hands on that for a long time. Bair lasts pretty long though.

J4pu

Smash Champion
so, i was just thinking dash>shield grab is better than dash grab both in start-up for grab and cooldown if you miss.
stop dash grabbing people

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
so, i was just thinking dash>shield grab is better than dash grab both in start-up for grab and cooldown if you miss.
stop dash grabbing people
I think this is universally known already, at least I know about it.

Still this should be noted for everyone to see.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
lol at bleachigo.. this info is VERY helpful, because of this i know that falcos a great boxer, (well i knew for some time..)

@bleachigo-u shoulda came to JGs smashfest! i beat Pierce's mario! =)

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I do too, its just annoying to beat it. (Though at first I was like "Fack this charactar!!")
I wanted to go, but I got grounded. (Atleast it was for a girls number)

The frame data is mad useful, liek I started Air Dodging into Uptilts useful.
Also we need to find out all advantage options, I'll start that soon. I feel like acting like a loser for a night.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
lol theres not much.. silent llasers pretty much the only advantage cuz it CAN combo..

oh ok, u got a girls number? lol

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Yeah, she is from Cuba. She is very nice. And she is very good looking. haha it was worth missing the smashfest!

Your right, laser > "something fast" (I'm going to try usuing Uptilt since I loooove where it puts the enemy)

erick gm14

Smash Ace
i prefer silent laser>jab or f-tilt, or spotdogde>whatever.. u-tilt, i use early to combo or as a kill move because its quick.. it kills MK's at 158% minimum! =)

lol well thats good, u know whats important in ur life haha...

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I do all those too, but I have been neglecting Uptilts range and I'm starting to see more use for it. Plus it puts them in perfect range to:

Low Percents: Grab
Mid Percents: Combo
High Percents: Harass/Kill?

erick gm14

Smash Ace
o okay then.. if all else fails, approach>spot dodge>jab jab>spotdodge>jab some more lolz.. its funny how that works since falco is only vulnerable for around 4 frames between his SD to jab.

up-tilts good against rollers and yea, more range than u think.. its a MINI SNAKE UP TILT!

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Yup, it's a shame we missed yet another opportunity to share info in person.

Edit: 5 frames, btw, I want to count human lag, but people are getting good at buffering.

This is why I dislike the Marth match-up, he destroys my favorite attack. But I've gotten used to him especially when I launch him in the air.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
dont get off topic bleachigo, but ur right.. lets do FALCO DITTOS AGAIN! lolz,
also jab to d-tilts pretty decent... and jab>d-smash.. im sure everyone knows these already..

Orion*

Smash Researcher
would anyone be willing to test Hitstun on the following moves for me

1st jab
1st jab into 2nd jab
uair
weak hit uair!
back air
down air
shine
dtilt

Top Bottom