• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
lmao you dudes

braggin about friendlies

anyway, still trying to find time to do that write-up I promised. it'll be here no later than saturday I figure.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sorry, here is the link with me vs Peach again. Critique plz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGgfNWFPm4

Third match is like 11:20

I thought I would ask here cause it's Falco (PP) vs Armada, best of both chars

I'm not that good btw

I messed up that first game bad

LOTS OF BUFFERED ROLLS

I'M SCARED OF GETTING N-AIRED OUT OF COMBOS SO I NEVER FULL HOP D-AIR!

Apologies if I play lame

Also, should I take the time to learn how to Falco ditto? Every time someone plays Falco I just switch to Fox.
I'll just watch game 2 lol

-Try not to Nair at Peach much at low percent. It's an okay approach sometimes but she can CC it too much. Dair'ing is better or slightly later Nair works too.

-Never do retreating Dair into shield. It's just not a good idea frame-wise or pressure-wise usually.

-When Peach is floating and just coming at you, then you can FH Nair and intercept her if her trajectory is obvious. You can also Bair/Uptilt her if she does anything besides Fair when falling down. Don't give up stage for free!

Oh also, DJ DL onto a platform/the ground can be really good for disrupting Peach's float height as well.

-You need more shines for punishment on obvious platform Dsmashes. Bair and Uair don't cut it at low percent. At mid percent shine is still better than Bair but not Uair. Just try to maximize your damage on Peach at every opening or you'll be making a greater uphill battle for yourself.

-Don't Dair to Uptilt Peach when her percent gets above 80. You need to focus on Dair'ing Peach into the ground then or carrying her across the stage at that point for a Dair/Uair. Utilt is only good if you can hit Peach on the ground with it(so she doesn't fly so far upward) or if you're positive you can get her to DI in so you can reach her with your FH/DJ easily.

-Dair'ing Peach into the ground at 100+%= Dtilt/Dsmash, preferably Dtilt

3:50- Don't do that Dair unless Peach's % is above 40-43% I think. Otherwise she gets a free hit like that. Just angle yourself offstage and you'll get a pretty good recovery mixup.

4:00- Double Dair or running shine waveland would have been better than that Dtilt. Dtilt CAN be good there, but you have to bait Peach into coming down quickly and punishing her bad float angle or hit her quickly if she wants to wait OR shoot her using FH/DJ lasers so you can control her well.

-when edgeguarding Peach, work your Bairs. It's not as instant of a kill as Dair is, but it's much easier to intimidate Peach with because of the angle it's used at. You can even DJ all the way offstage, Bair, then side B to the edge. Peach can't make it to the stage before you do all that and you lower her recovery A LOT by doing this. Then it's just a little more of working your Bair until Peach finally commits to taking the stage/edge.

-4:14- LMFAO

4:25- Don't jump there! You want to stay under Peach to abuse your Bairs and Uptilts unless the Peach stays floating(she didn't).

-If you upthrow and Peach gets hit by the lasers, then you get a pretty much guaranteed followup for quite a while. Take confidence in that and just Dair if her percent is in the middle/high range and she's over the stage, or Nair/Bair/Uair if her percent is high and she can die off the top from any of those moves/have an easy edgeguard setup from them.

-You double jump too much. Especially by the edge. DJ'ing can be a great way to mix someone up, but it's also extremely risky. Try FH'ing more or staying grounded more and explore your options there. Again, DJ'ing is fine, just tone it down, especially by the edge.

-Try not to edgehop Dair if you can. Also, don't edgehop double laser from the edge unless the Peach is pretty far away and you mix up your heights so you don't get swatted.

Edge dashing, edgecanceling side Bs, and regular below 100% getups are cool.

-Also about edgeguarding, make sure you FH Bair into Peach so she has to weave away from you or get hit.

-Try to avoid shielding if at all possible vs Peach.

-It's better to have center stage vs Peach because then she can't take all day to FC Fair and control you and has to respect your chances of DJ lasering or FH'ing at her more. Unless you plan on getting good at camping under a platform, I advise not trying it much.
Even then I don't really advise it but that's another story lol.

5:28- Should have put your shield up. Same situation has happened a few times and you either need to hit the front part of Peach's head(it's where Nair doesn't really come out) or just avoid getting above her.

-Watch out for Peaches landing into Dsmash on platforms. It's kinda considered nooby but pretty solid as a scare tactic. Just be ready to Uptilt if they run off the platform and just jump in immediately sometimes to scare them and punish their lag/make them wanna Dsmash next time.

-When you Uptilt Peach at mid percents, ALWAYS DAIR afterward. It's great for tech chasing even on FD at that percent because you land about the same time that she does.

-I don't really like camping Peach in general because I think Falco is faster than Peach so he can outmaneuver her. He kinda gives that advantage up camping her unless he's a pretty creative camper I suppose. Either work on abusing Peach's mobility better while camping or stick to smart aggression.

-You run at Peach after doing moves sometimes. Peach already likes throwing out safe high priority moves a lot so don't give her any reason to trade with you/beat you out if you can help it. Peach almost always wins trades with Falco.

-I know it's hard, but try not to take free shines when Peach is at higher percent because they don't kill. Try to get quick AC Bairs if you see an opening or at least an Ftilt. If you do hit Peach into the air, make sure you try to get an Upair or Bair then. Uptilt and Upsmash also work as moves to use on Peach when she's descending.

okay that should be enough

D

Deleted member

lmao you dudes

braggin about friendlies
FRIENDLIES ARE FOR FRIENDS

OHHHHHH ****

YOU GONNA NEED ALOE VERA FOR THAT BURN

cactus kept 3 and 4 stocking me with fox cause he knows how to play fox

salt salt salt salt

scumbag cactuar

scumbad fox vs zelda matchup

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Notes taken. I realized I did a lot more of what you suggested during the third game, which is probably why I did the best in that game. Stuff like late nairs and dair into fair into dair spike kill!

But man, it's true, I DJ way too much. I really like comboing floaties like that, but I guess Peach can nair me at any time out of it.

Now, how to play against Puff...

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Notes taken. I realized I did a lot more of what you suggested during the third game, which is probably why I did the best in that game. Stuff like late nairs and dair into fair into dair spike kill!

But man, it's true, I DJ way too much. I really like comboing floaties like that, but I guess Peach can nair me at any time out of it.

Watching the videos a few times you start noticing a ton of tendencies, like he daired many times when you are below him and threatening. Well vs Puff... don't you usually just switch to your Fox?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Watching the videos a few times you start noticing a ton of tendencies, like he daired many times when you are below him and threatening. Well vs Puff... don't you usually just switch to your Fox?
I think Falco vs Puff might be easier after reading PP's guide on when to laser and stuff. I feel that a Falco could control a Puff much better than a Fox could. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
this obviously says sami and not sam

LMFAOOOOOO wooooowww

I really think your luck is ridiculous finding these things XD

DJ'ing was somewhat okay when you got Nair'd/traded, but you only seemed to do it when Peach was at low percent for some reason so it got you punished a ton. I still don't recommend it as much as you did it, but if you're going to do it pick better spots is all I ask.

And didn't I write up how to fight Puff?

I think Falco vs Puff might be easier after reading PP's guide on when to laser and stuff. I feel that a Falco could control a Puff much better than a Fox could. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Falco controls Puff in that she can't really do much grounded stuff at all and has to come in at a lot of angles above Falco to hit him, while Fox could technically control all of Puff's movements because he's so much faster than her except for her grounded movements sometimes. However Fox might be better at keeping Puff grounded than Falco, so he could still have a greater advantage in terms of control anyway. Fox keeps Puff grounded using movement tricks and moves like weak Nair to keep Puff pressured. If things like weak Nair hit then more pressure or a hit confirm into combo can be applied.

Edit: Cactuar that's extremely convoluted you jerk!!! <3

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
You must believe in the heart of the controller, PeePee. A good controller will serve you faithfully, and carry you through moments of weakness, providing you respect it and cherish it, as you would a good friend.

One day, I will tell you a story of a controller long lost, a controller that had bonded with its owner, more than any controller had ever bonded with a player in the history of smash. The story of Mew2King's First Controller, and how his eventual worship for other controllers has led to his tournament downfall over the years. The story of how his obsessive want to use other players controllers to lead him to victory, and how, upon finally acquiring those controllers, they fail him in dire situations... because he is not their true owner and friend, only seeking to use them for victory rather than establishing a true bond.

I too once took for granted a controller. A controller so great that, upon the slightest touch, it would respond with great fury and accuracy. A controller so perfectly tuned to my own play that it almost felt as if the controller could play the game itself. A controller that I passed down to a struggling Fox main from New York, which helped elevate him to achieve great improvement. A controller that suffered a most unfortunate fate, a life ended premature by the hands of a jealous opponent. Never again will I discard such a friendship.

Believe in the heart of your controller PeePee. It will take you far, if you let it.

*:troll:*

clowsui

Smash Legend
shuddup dumbletuar

no one cares about your gay strategies

and your gay bonding with other great male "wizards"

just stick your controller up ur butt already

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Jokes aside, I gave that controller to jman when I took a smash hiatus. I eventually came back and he was really upset because it didn't work properly anymore during some smashfest he was at after he left it laying around, so I took a look at it. The cord had a cut in it, like someone took a knife or scissors to it. It might have just deteriorated and ripped though. Definitely wasn't because he left it laying around at someone's place in New York. No one up there is a big enough ******* to try and sabotage someone's winning streak by ****ing up their controller.
ಠ_ಠ

New MBR idea - We should all just write up bull**** stories about fictional nonsense.

@clowsui: Are you new here? I've never heard of you. You must be pretty insignificant. :laugh:

jklol <3

D

Deleted member

this post is a visual representation of about 5.5 cactuars worth of jank.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I hate you Cactus

and Max you're off the mark by about 1.5 Cactuars, you should be adding 1.5 more due to the fact that I'm full Chinese

unknown522

Some guy
Jokes aside, I gave that controller to jman when I took a smash hiatus. I eventually came back and he was really upset because it didn't work properly anymore during some smashfest he was at after he left it laying around, so I took a look at it. The cord had a cut in it, like someone took a knife or scissors to it. It might have just deteriorated and ripped though. Definitely wasn't because he left it laying around at someone's place in New York. No one up there is a big enough ******* to try and sabotage someone's winning streak by ****ing up their controller.
ಠ_ಠ

New MBR idea - We should all just write up bull**** stories about fictional nonsense.

@clowsui: Are you new here? I've never heard of you. You must be pretty insignificant. :laugh:

jklol <3
Oh yeah. I remember that.

Edit: the wires are exposed now in my controller :/

:phone:

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
If the wires are exposed, I recommend wrapping some electrical tape around the cord asap. If its near the base of the controller, you can straight up open the thing and put a layer of tape around it and still close it. Electrical tape is pretty thin and will go a long way towards preventing further damage to the wires inside.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
How does someone retrain their ability to fast fall during shield stun? I don't think I've hit one fast fall in like 4 months LOL.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I don't understand your post.

You do understand what I'm saying right? To be more specific, when I hit anyone in a real match, period. Be it their body, or their shield. I cannot fast fall, period. That means high aerials, double jump, delayed, etc.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
It just means you need to sit and grind out to fix your timing. There is a 3 frame buffer window for fast fall inputs, so you can just press down near the end of hitlag and it will buffer straight into an immediate fast from from the hitlag. It's a little bit of a staggered rhythm, but think of it like... press A, you hit the guy, then you press down. Try not to rush through each step, but stagger the rhythm for it out. A, couple of frames, hit, couple of frames, down.

unknown522

Some guy
If the wires are exposed, I recommend wrapping some electrical tape around the cord asap. If its near the base of the controller, you can straight up open the thing and put a layer of tape around it and still close it. Electrical tape is pretty thin and will go a long way towards preventing further damage to the wires inside.
That's exactly what I did

:phone:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It just means you need to sit and grind out to fix your timing. There is a 3 frame buffer window for fast fall inputs, so you can just press down near the end of hitlag and it will buffer straight into an immediate fast from from the hitlag. It's a little bit of a staggered rhythm, but think of it like... press A, you hit the guy, then you press down. Try not to rush through each step, but stagger the rhythm for it out. A, couple of frames, hit, couple of frames, down.
I can do it perfectly with any other character in the game except the character that I've mained for 7 years.

I grind out techskill with falco but I.can't do it in game anymore as of 4 months ago

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I thought you couldn't fastfall right after/whilst an aerial is coming out? Or....am I completely wrong?
When would you ever want to aerial>fastfall>L cancel?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What? You can FF so long as your downward velocity is > 0, unless you're currently in hitlag or hitstun.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Cactus how can you best explain Marth's psychological advantages? Range positioning and grab mix ups are really dangerous. What are his major disadvantages?

Top Bottom