• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
PP, the fact that your post was less professional didn't make it any less worth reading :)

It was a good post, and I think pretty much everyone enjoyed it.

I'm kinda surprised no one has noticed the mango color thing before you said it >_>
I don't think the color has that much significance, Mango was probably just messing with him =/

Also, weak / fast fall uair -> utlit (kinda like the one raynex did on little england at the big house) is great against fast fallers / sometimes floaties at that mid % where shine doesn't really link into anything, sometime sit even sets up for another uair -> utilt!

Dash dancing in place after a laser makes Falco 29028302x easier. I used to just laser -> approach or laser -> laser, which was probably everyone ***** my approach for 4 years (especially you amsah), but extra dash dance pp perfected makes Falco so much better. By dash dancing, you bait, stall, and set yourself to react to your shielding opponent all at once. I feel so dumb for not figuring this out on my own...

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I didn't mean it necessarily had *all* that much [significance], but mango's clearly been through color phases and he does things a bit differently with them sometimes, no? You definitely rarely see mango pick red falco (never really green, either), more recently I've seen him stick to blue in more serious situations (though that used to be neutral for him) etc etc

Also, don't feel dumb =P Apparently nobody else figured it out either... just be cheap now that you have it and falco can seem 1353185510x better

King5280

Smash Journeyman
people always sleeping on armada man. he wont get "tapped" by anyone. but good **** at rom pp, didnt take it but it was amazing to watch, good luck at apex.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Dash dancing in place after a laser makes Falco 29028302x easier. I used to just laser -> approach or laser -> laser, which was probably everyone ***** my approach for 4 years (especially you amsah), but extra dash dance pp perfected makes Falco so much better. By dash dancing, you bait, stall, and set yourself to react to your shielding opponent all at once. I feel so dumb for not figuring this out on my own...
I told you that last summer zhu!!!

G

genkaku

every time I switch to another character for a bit 'cause I'm bored it feels like I have to start from square 1 with my falco when I come back to him. I pick up really neat and useful things every time, but I hate feeling like I move backwards in other ways.

clowsui

Smash Legend
someone should probably start filming a dr pp documentary so that way we can have a film on our hands like "focus". culminating in his victory over mango @ apex

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Dude, that's super basic :D

I can't beleive that it's something you haven't done before.

When did you figure that out?

I wanna see new vids of you now :p

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Maybe not "perfect dashdancing" but certainly dashdancing in place after a laser or two. It feels like something everyone does lol

If not then maybe it isn't super basic then

Beat!

Smash Master
That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying before PP started doing it, I hardly remember ever seeing a Falco DDing very much between lasers. Sure, a little dashdancing here and there, but not to the refined extent of today.

Today a ton of Falcos DD inbetween lasers, but that's because PP popularized it.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I definitely didn't start DDing in between lasers until I saw PP doing it LIEK A BAWSE at Pound. I did the same **** as Zhu; I just lasered again or approached and got destroyed.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
After being in the same car to and from ROM and hearing a lot of this stuff first hand, it's aggravating to see people talk or be condescending towards Kevin for his attitude or his play this weekend.

Without saying more than it's my place to, Mango messes with Kevin in and out of game really badly. I sat next to them during GF's and I felt like Kevin's brain was about to explode whenever I looked at his face. This community's combined effort could not possibly put more pressure on Kevin as a player than Mango or Kevin himself. The color thing seems subtle or even made up from reading about it, but if you watched segments of all the matches (like numerous people in attendance did), the changes were noticeable in Mango's game play and they changed how the matches felt (to watch, and according to Kevin, to play).

Armada

Smash Lord
Mango would absolutely tap Armada no questions asked. He just has to take it seriously.

I think I can beat Armada and Mango is much harder to figure out.

I didn't know what to say after I beat M2K. I literally just said something. Didn't mean to make the focus about planking sorry.

And sometimes I can't be about appealing to other people so much as bringing hype and bringing people to tournaments to keep this wonderful game to life as well as keep me from beating myself through being intimidated by my opponents before I played them. THAT was the point of the display of confidence. I did something wrong though....I'll figure out where it is and fix it.
I guess Genesis wasn´t serious enough or something =)

And after Apex you will need to take your words back man <3

Armada

Smash Lord
If he wanted?
Well good jokes is always fun to hear =)

Mango will not beat me and especially not with Falco. Guess you need to practice that MU harder

Armada

Smash Lord
Then you need to wait really long =)

Kinda fun to place first so I will take that placeo this time too

Armada

Smash Lord
Have you been talking to Mango?
Looks like you both are a pit pissed about not haveing the belt =)

Guess that´s enough to consider he/you played serious

Ahh **** =)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
We both laugh about how you think you legitimately deserve the belt if that's what you mean LOL.

I played so serious man in our set by the way, it should speak so many more volumes to how I clearly didn't want you to think you're the best when we play again aka I WAX DAT BUTT at Apex.

=D

JPOBS

Smash Hero
GODDAMN!

its liek a warzone in this thread. shots fired in all direction.

this is what melee needs. Enough of that friendship is magic BS that has plagued the game the last few years.

HYYYYPE

Beat!

Smash Master
if by serious you mean mucus flowin out the nose and a headache then yeah kevin was playing very seriously in those matches at genesis 2.

shut up you ****ridin piece of ****.
Don't worry, I'll let the silence when Armada 3-0s PP AGAIN speak for itself.

you ****ridin piece of **** =p

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Beat youre trying so hard to **** talk when all i really hear is the sound of you gargling armadas balls in your mouth...lol let the big boys handle that while you sit behind the computer screen and continue to wish that someday youll be decent at this game.

And damn, lol Get em PP...im loving the hype and beef in this thread

Top Bottom