• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Heeeeeck yeah it is! =p

Fair comes out really quickly, hits a lot(lol Ganon DI) and since you're probably still hitting Ganon close to the ground you can cancel it and follow up with Uptilt, another Fair, Nair, Fsmash if Ganon lost his jump trying to DI up and just falls into the ****(use your best judgment), etc.

Plus, I like how funny it looks. Ganon can't look that silly.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Also, you Utilt facing forward on Hbox's shield and then did jab-jab and didn't get shield grabbed.

Was that a spur of the moment thing or does that actually work? lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's me doing weird shield pressure things lol. It's not really a good idea, but sometimes whatever comes to mind is so bizarre that the opponent just tries to get away from it and gets hit.

Definitely not something you'd want to use more than a couple times a set.....if that.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I'm gonna read this and hopefully memorize it before Pound 4....even though I'm just spectating :DD

Looks great read over marth CP and skimmed it <33 PP

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's an honor, Forward.

If you ever want to share your wisdom, please feel free. =)

Also, please tell me you're going to Pound. =p

KikoMePlease

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the thread title is silly. Any suggestions for it? =p

I find that camping Marth doesn't do a whole lot in this matchup, but rushing him is also difficult to stay consistent with. I find aggressivness to be a little more effective on Marth since most of the ones I've played(that aren't M2K lol) can't handle the pressure very well, despite their strong defensive options. Regardless, I recommend calculated approaches that should vary on the aggro spectrum. That is to say that sometime you need to be pretty aggro and sometimes you need to laser him more to see what Marth likes to do. M2K liked to do lots of FHs and DJs when I lasered him, because he was abusing the fact that Falco cannot attack Marth as he falls backwards with a laser of Marth can Fair right after he's hit and can probably grab and do unmentionable things to Falco. There really isn't much to do about this except try to run in with a Nair/Fair(yes, Fair. it ***** lol) and get under/at Marth before he can get the Fair out because he'll be expecting a a laser.
What do you mean by falling backwards?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'll just say a few things, since I'm supposed to be working with Mogwai on all of these matchups(sorry Mogwai).

-Nair is bad to use at low percentages because it can be CC shined

-Uthrow usually lets you have a shine or an aerial, but Fthrow sets up a tech chase/guessing game so it's good too. Bthrow is good for a surprise/bad DI/gimp

-don't try to spend loads of time comboing. if you can hit someone offstage then do it before you knock them too far away in a combo to hit them offstage. Falco can edgeguard himself pretty well.

-edgeguard with angled Ftilt, Dsmash, run off DJ back up Dair, ledgehop Bair, Fsmash

-use platforms(to simplify things) to get your lasers in on a Falco who is using them to control the bottom of the stage

-Shine OOS is great for anti-pressure

-look for the best way to death combo off of a hit. There usually is a way to do it lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
In a perfect Falco ditto, yeah. =p

Usually you can apply that to Fox as well.

Edit: and Falcon. Lol that guy is so fun to combo too.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
double shine shield pressure is **** in dittos and shine grab's pretty good too, but conventional pillar gets ***** by shine OoS these days.

PP can post 10.000 times but is still never online at the same time as me except for that one time when he had to go to play Twitch :(

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm sorry. =(

I'm gonna try to get in touch with you tomorrow night(tonight whatever) and tomorrow and we'll get stuff done.

Friday I'm pretty open too, afternoon and on.

Twitch wanting to play Melee is sooooo tough to resist though. =p Sorry I did that again. I'm weak.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hahaha <3 Teczero. I'll show you all of it in-person(better this time) at the hotel room before you get all crazy on us. =p

That's a good point Forward.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Hahaha <3 Teczero. I'll show you all of it in-person(better this time) at the hotel room before you get all crazy on us. =p

That's a good point Forward.
I dunno what time you're planning to use to play :lick:....

Ok I'm lying we gotta play tons I'll give you stuff to write about for vs sheik at least or so I plan to ;)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm not sure I understand, Zero.

Awesome Teczero. I actually have quite a bit of learning to do about Sheik, so you'd be awesome help. =)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Captain Falcon, mightiest of all men:

leaps into the air with great, deliberate strength. He sees the gun-toting bird, Falco pursue with his own leap as well. Confident that such a move will cost the Falco dearly, Captain Douglass J. Falcon does a Dair, infused with all the power of the greatest stomp.

Falco, a silly bird:

Knows that he will be punished for being gay, but he sees a bug below his boot. Afraid that this fly might gimp him, he executes a Dair.

As Falcon's stomp comes in contact with Falco's head, CAPTAIN FALCON is spiked downwards and Falco is completely unscathed.

Why?

These jumps are full hops btw.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I definitely read both of those words in your original question as "Falco." Lol I'm dumb.

Falco's Dair is faster than Falcon's and a majority of his body is a hitbox(like Falcon's) I believe.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon, mightiest of all men:

leaps into the air with great, deliberate strength. He sees the gun-toting bird, Falco pursue with his own leap as well. Confident that such a move will cost the Falco dearly, Captain Douglass J. Falcon does a Dair, infused with all the power of the greatest stomp.

Falco, a silly bird:

Knows that he will be punished for being gay, but he sees a bug below his boot. Afraid that this fly might gimp him, he executes a Dair.

As Falcon's stomp comes in contact with Falco's head, CAPTAIN FALCON is spiked downwards and Falco is completely unscathed.

Why?

These jumps are full hops btw.
This post is awesome.

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
PP, do you have any knowledge on the LHDL? I think all LHDL heights are punishable, but I'm not too clear on that. The only way I can avoid not getting punished is mixing up heights ie one high one low, 2 low, 1 mid 1 low etc.

edit: i'm not looking for another way to get on, i'm just wondering what you're outlook on the whole LHDL business is.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah, I'd say all of the possible heights you could use for LHDL are punishable, but you can kind of react to what your opponent does and scale your lasers to that when you let go of the edge. For example, if your opponent runs in and jumps high as you're letting go of the edge, then you'll want to jump asap so you can get the high laser on him.

Mixing them up is always a good thing.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, you keep the person limited to platforms, so you can control the bottom of the stage. You can use jumping momentum to go up and hit the person easier then the person on the platforms can fall down and hit you(because you can punish them easier for it...because of lasers). Thing is, those jumps can be baited and the platform camper can also hit you. You, as Falco, kind of control how all of this plays out because you control the bottom(because of your lasers).

Does that make sense?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Basically, Falco controls the bottom of the stage because of his lasers. From the bottom, he has the most options. Because he has more options, he can influence his opponent better. If the opponent comes to the bottom, they get lasered and are usually trapped in their shield(at least until the approaching Falco makes another move).

I'm kinda bad at paraphrasing, but does that make sense?

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
laser camp until you get bored. ;)
if laser camping bores you, change your main.

EDIT: all seriousness, platform approaches are very risky because if you tag them with a laser, or space properly, they're zero to death comboed.... or at least if you're peepee; therefore as long as you laser camp on the ground, they have no choice but to camp on platforms. and you have control, because youre forcing them to play defensively, while lasers... are offensive. You choose when to approach; they can't.

Top Bottom