• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

D

Deleted member

OKAY guys, I've written all I can think of/manage right now. Please give me feedback and use whatever is useful here to the best of your abilities! =)
feedback: i started writing again, i'd like you to work with me, bringing some of those ideas into my writing. it's a long term project, let me know if you're interested.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
feedback: i started writing again, i'd like you to work with me, bringing some of those ideas into my writing. it's a long term project, let me know if you're interested.
Extremely. I'm busy until Sunday though.

Text me if you need anything immediate.

@stabbed: if you're close enough and go before the first laser/in between both then yeah.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Another thing you should add to the list is practicing your micro without a controller...

Anytime im waiting for a bus or im in line at the grocery store, i practice things like invul ledgedashes with my hands to keep up the muscle memory...

It's been working great for me so far

D

Deleted member

mahone has a solid entry-level falco and a good enough understanding of the game to do a good bit better in the near future.

you can tell the "i only ever play jigglypuff" people that actually suck at the game from 50 feet away, and mahone isn't one of them

Bones0

Smash Legend
mahone has a solid entry-level falco and a good enough understanding of the game to do a good bit better in the near future.

you can tell the "i only ever play jigglypuff" people that actually suck at the game from 50 feet away, and mahone isn't one of them
Obviously you missed that vid I just posted where I beat him. A single random friendly in my basement is a pretty good indicator of skill.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Something I've found really helpful...

Take a bit of a time to just watch the gifs of top/high tier character frames for hitboxes. Don't just look at them, but really watch them. Look at how long it takes the move to come out, think about how close they would have to be to you for it to hit you, and most importantly. as soon as the hitbox retracts, keep repeating to yourself "HIT" or "ATTACK" or something, just to get into the mindset of "this is when I can punish their miss". It does wonders for improving spacing, as you will get more comfortable being closer (just out of range) of the opponent, and have better working knowledge of when you can throw yourself into them.

Mahone

Smash Champion

thanks mow :)

mow's pretty good, especially against mid/low tiers from what ive seen... hes VERY good at those mus

also, hes pretty cool irl, even though i dont like most of his posts online

Anyway, i just thought of another big thing that i do when praticing... and by do, i mean i tell other players to do it when helping them and never do it cuz im lazy and hate pokemon stadium...

but anyway... what will really help people who think they can space is to try to land moves at different parts of pokemon stadium...

the stage has a lot of lines that are symetrical and its tourney legal so its really good for this

basically, say, "im going to falco dair starting in the middle of the pokeball and end at the end of the red side of the pokeball" (You MUST say this outloud, if you dont, you wont get ANYTHING out of this technique).

you might be surprised at how little you can control your movement in the air and where you land...

this is probably because there is a lot of leeway in matches in whether you hit or miss, especially against an opponent of similiar skill level, but the better you get, the more finite the movements become and it becomes important to really control ur character

you can use: the middle of the pokeball, then the end of the pokeball, then the yellow triangles, then the gray line, then the end of the felt, then the end of the stage, as well as using the platforms (even using the red arrows on the platforms, which i assume indicate the exact middle of it)

heres a birds-eye view so you can understand what im saying:

mers

Smash Ace
What do you guys think about shine-upB OOS? I saw this in the Leffen vs. PP vid from Smasher's Reunion.

It's kinda nifty on Yoshi's, cuz assuming everything connects you can land on a platform right after your up-B finishes, which lets you follow up. Though also they can often land and tech on the platform before your Up-B reaches them.

Ok actually now that I think about it it's kinda totally suboptimal. Whatever. Looks cool.

Mahone

Smash Champion
only if you do that unknown522 thing where u go the the ledge with it and then attack on or some **** and gimp them at zero

Bones0

Smash Legend
We weren't counting you and Mango. I thought that was a given.

I hope our flopmexican Fox main doesn't choke at his next national...

Brookman

Smash Hero
brawl is a game that is 90% mental 5% tech skill and 5% being more awesome than melee players. Sorry you guys can't handle it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Strong Bad 3:27 pm
Kevin ThatDude Nanney Kage I don't think you realize how difficult I will be to defeat at this tourney

drpeepee f 3:27 pm
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Strong Bad 3:27 pm
IF ONLY HE KNEW

drpeepee f 3:27 pm
so glad someone else who knew saw that

Strong Bad 3:28 pm
i am ****ing dying

drpeepee f 3:28 pm
hahahaahahahahahahaaaaaaa
freakin love trolling kage

after FC I'm posting this in the falco thread

drpeepee f 3:28 pm
LMAO
word
thatll be great
kages nose will be very upset

LMFAOOO

this was about half a week ago before it was known that PP isn't attending FC

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
apparently you can shine out of pikachu's thunder (as either spacie) and hit them. I did not know this. I'm bad and should feel bad.

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
A lot of players don't know that. I told Jman about it when he was playing friendlies with axe at apex2012

:phone:
Haha, thanks, that makes me feel better in some sense. I just kind of did it on accident just now, and it blew my mind. I don't think I'd ever heard anyone talk or post about it before - this game's awesome.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
You mean "reflecting" Pikachu's thunder? I thought that was obvious....unless you mean something else, of course...

Top Bottom