• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

null55

Smash Master
i don't understand the title of this thread... :(

call it, "Dr Peepee: How to excrete uric acid upon your opponent."

cause birds excrete uric acid....

get it.

null55

Smash Master
well i mean... i'm asking for an explanation.

and i believe you asked for suggestions. -_-;;

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah it's an MD guys.

Someone asked for HD and I thought it was kind of funny since it makes this confusing so I threw it up there lol.

And lol Cam.

Edit: now the title will make everyone happy. =p

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
has anyone even asked a falco related question yet?

(You know you're lazy when you're too lazy to go back one page)

Dr. PP is ****.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
No more stuff about Falcon.

You Falco's are always *****ing about Marth, write something about him.

Here's my advice for Marth (you might wanna put this in there):

Switch to Falcon.

edit in response to PP's edit

we falcon mains are in an up-roar about this whole collab thing between you and mogwai. I've already formulated a plan on how to stop it.

muahahahahahaha

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
PP, do you have any experience with Peach? I get ***** soooooo bad by peach.. and maybe I choke a bit too much.

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Some tips with the Falco ditto match-up? <3
Like for the lazor control and basic combos/approaches xP

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
lol I'm the only marth left and I'm probably quitting major tourneys soon not sure yet. Jiggs and spacies are the future -.-
Oh dang man. I'll hate to see you go as I love watching you come up with new Marth things.

I'll probably still do a Marth write-up because there are other fairly good Marths out there that could give Falcos some trouble for sure lol.

@Reneblade: Pssh

Edit: Lol Peach is legit.

Igcoris: If she floats over your lasers, wait for her to commit and you can retreating laser/advancing Nair(if you're quick) punish. Be wary about grabs.

@ AA: Play with platform lasers. You can use them to shoot right after the other Falco does. Other than that you just gotta watch Chops and his crazy lasers vs other good Falcos lol.
*I'll try to learn more about lasers in this matchup for you, okay?

As for combos, shine Dair stuff goes til around 40%, and then you should Utilt to Utilt/Bair/Fsmash whichever one you can reach with. Dair(pop up) to Dair to tech chase Fsmash/Dsmash is very good for setting up edgeguards/KO'ing at medium %s, but I like to just Dair Fsmash or Dair Dsmash.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
PP, do you have any experience with Peach? I get ***** soooooo bad by peach.. and maybe I choke a bit too much.
Peach is stupid, just shoot her a lot so that she can't float at you and the matchup becomes easier. There are a lot of parts of the matchup that can give people trouble though, so it'd be moar useful if you said what Peach is ****** you with.

Oh dang man. I'll hate to see you go as I love watching you come up with new Marth things.

I'll probably still do a Marth write-up because there are other fairly good Marths out there that could give Falcos some trouble for sure lol.

@Reneblade: Pssh

Edit: Lol Peach is legit.
HBK is a legit Marf that still plays... I can't really think of any other legit marf players though XD

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
HBK was the first to come to my mind as well.

I'm gonna answer these questions better after I get back from class/lunch.

Edit: Okay I answered nothing better but I wrote Marth laser stuff. I'll do the rest of it Sunday hopefully.

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the Marth info, PP. I'm still wondering though, would CCing be good against Marth? I've seen some cc into shine/smash/anything against Marth. Not sure if it's relatively safe, but I wanted to point it out.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
CC'ing is good(to keep from being followed up by a grab) but I don't recommend trying to punish after it. IF Marth tippers a SHFF Fair then you can try to Dtilt if he shields and push him away or stop him from going in to grab but if he just dashes away and then grabs you in your lag from using Dtilt you'll be in trouble.

Beyond that, CC'ing Marth's up-B to Dsmash on his recovery is good(I'll put this in the big summary thing).

Edit: yeah when Marth is coming from the edge you can CC his aerial, which is good.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
cc'ing is good vs marf when;
1. you know he's goign to fair you
2. he's at a high enough percent that the dtilt will kill
3. he's coming from the ledge.

in the case of 2, if he's at a high percent and you're low enough, you can get away with a cc to dtitl and kill him and then lol. if he's coming from te ledge, you can cc pretty much anything he does (first hit nair, fair, or ledge attack) and punish it. watch out if he wavelands and pivot grabs you tho lol.

yo pp put up some stuff about recovering vs this ******, like do you know anything about specifics like when you can side-B to side B when he jabs you? or side-B to air dodge?

like im talking about percents and stuff where the jab doesnt have enough stun and you can surprise him with stuff like that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah I'm gonna do more on this matchup soon, and I'll cover handling Marth's recovery as well as ways you can recover then.

I'll test the side-B thing over the break and add that in as well.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Great job PP. I will be looking forward to this getting more in depth, but it has great coverage for now.

Missing Marth Shieldgrab help. =[ The bane of my existence.

EDIT: Can we cc dsmash ledge attacks?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Wait didn't I answer that for you already? Or are you just saying I need to put what I told you into the OP?

Either way I'll put whatever I told/tried to tell you into a section somewhere in here.

Tink

Smash Hero
i love when falcos crouch at the ledge, waiting for an aerial and then they meet a nair =). mmmmmm

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well to be fair I always CC shield the Nair from Marth there haha. I don't advise Falcos to be close enough to the edge to worry about Marth's Nair though lol.

@ PEEF's edit: You can but I don't remember how far %-wise that goes. It's hard to bait and could get you gimped so I don't think it's worth looking for. Just react to it if you're in front of Marth when it happens.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah yeah, haha, you explained it to me personally, but I'm saying it belongs in the guide.

On a seperate note, I have a really hard time with FoD. I always ban it, and I know I am wasting a ban, except when against a marth or sheik, but I just have a hard time moving around for the reasons you mentioned. Lasers and aerials leave me platformed... I was glad to see someone recognize that, but perhaps you could go a littleee more in depth on that stage so I can stop auto-banning it?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah okay. I'll go find it when I update the rest. Thanks for reminding me. =)

I tend to approach more on FoD just because I have little room to shoot. Of course, you can usually RSHL if you start to approach and aren't certain if you can control whoever you are approaching.
I like to chase people who jump onto the side platforms more(especially fox) because if they run away then I can SH off of the platform and DL(usually it's the right height for this and it looks really cool =p).

Since I have a little bit of trouble with the stage too I think I'll play there a lot over the break with Twitch and get back to you on what I find out.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Thanks. Let me know how that goes for sure.

IC's should be the next matchup you talk about. Starter things to consider (in addition to your own problems) shieldpressuring IC's is a fruitless task, lightsheilding makes my chances at l-cancels crumble, jab>dsmash makes me sadface, how to not get grabbed which leads to IC grab murder, how to di IC's grab murder, and what songs to sing in order to best distract IC's during grab murder because "im on a boat" isn't working anymore.

kthx

Top Bottom