• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I have about the same amount of practice versus both characters. I feel more comfortable versus Marth than Sheik though. It's too easy to make a mistake versus Sheik and just lose a stock for stupid *** reasons. Marth at least you can realistically escape his silliness. If the Sheik isn't messing up, you're not living.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Marth falco is annoying if you die about 80% of the time from marth's first hit

*stares at mew2king*

At least falco's tech roll is hard for sheik to follow up >_>

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thanks so much for the advice vs peach/puff.
If Peach is floating just above me should I just wait? It's really scary. Like you said I want to fight a grounded Peach so I guess I would just wait.

I also love your blog posts <3
Do you have a thread on the blog forum?
Waiting is good, but how you wait matters a lot.

I'll have to try that. I can at times go even with $mike, but on the whole he is way more consistent than I am. But he has motivated me to improve my consistency and desire to just get better.

Also PP, if you ever wanted some new ideas to try out you can always let me know. You can ask $mike about some of the new ideas I gave him XD.
Yeah that guy *****. =p

Also I like how he never talks to me about that stuff anymore lol. Thanks

pp must have killed armada with uair like 20 times in gf
What is Peach gonna use to beat it? Airdodge? LOL

Who does better against Falco? Marth or Sheik
I can't decide! Marth's movement game and reverse control on Falco is so good, but Sheik gets that gay camping game and possibly longer followups on a grab. They both gimp well and can get comboed hard in different ways.

I think about this a lot and can never decide.

Before you realize that you're supposed to jump backwards and react when recovering: A lot.

After you realize that: Not so much.
Amsah will kill you very quickly.

I have about the same amount of practice versus both characters. I feel more comfortable versus Marth than Sheik though. It's too easy to make a mistake versus Sheik and just lose a stock for stupid *** reasons. Marth at least you can realistically escape his silliness. If the Sheik isn't messing up, you're not living.
Seems like it could be that way for any character......

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
playing against mew2king is a very very good way to condition yourself to play better.

honestly i'm very glad i got the experience. completely different from the usual wc rushdown style. rushdown vs rushdown allows spacing mistakes. rushdown vs mew2king does not.

any of you who have the opportunity to do so, do it a lot! :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
playing against mew2king is a very very good way to condition yourself to play better.

honestly i'm very glad i got the experience. completely different from the usual wc rushdown style. rushdown vs rushdown allows spacing mistakes. rushdown vs mew2king does not.

any of you who have the opportunity to do so, do it a lot! :)
Omg just playing M2k's Sheik with Ganon is ridiculous.. lol.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
I was pretty excited to play friendlies vs. M2K when he sat down with JPOBS and me at Pound 5. Sadly, that ended as soon I did a fadeback aerial on his shield and he decided he wanted to practice how to counter it so he could unbreak Falco. Oh well, more reason to get myself to Genesis and get my lesson in getting wrecked.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I was pretty excited to play friendlies vs. M2K when he sat down with JPOBS and me at Pound 5. Sadly, that ended as soon I did a fadeback aerial on his shield and he decided he wanted to practice how to counter it so he could unbreak Falco. Oh well, more reason to get myself to Genesis and get my lesson in getting wrecked.
lolmfao so tre.

friendlies with m2k are less about frindlies and more like "omg you just hit me, lets repeat that scenario 50 million times until i know how to beat it"

i mean i like his mindset, but playing friendlies with him at pound was mor eme doing things over and over until he figured something out and less about actually playing lol

i swear to god he had me laser->grab on his ledgedash for about 2 hours straight lol. watever <3 m2k

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lolmfao so tre.

friendlies with m2k are less about frindlies and more like "omg you just hit me, lets repeat that scenario 50 million times until i know how to beat it"

i mean i like his mindset, but playing friendlies with him at pound was mor eme doing things over and over until he figured something out and less about actually playing lol

i swear to god he had me laser->grab on his ledgedash for about 2 hours straight lol. watever <3 m2k
Ya I've seen him do that a lot.. but I mean until you can straight up beat him then why would he do otherwise? =P

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i personally don't think Ganon vs Sheik is THAT bad. Just get better at CGing the dumb *****, and avoiding her grab. <3.

Brookman

Smash Hero
i personally don't think Ganon vs Sheik is THAT bad. Just get better at CGing the dumb *****, and avoiding her grab. <3.
only one problem. . .

her grab range iss a 7 and ganon's is a 3.

ftilt/dtil/up tilt/dash attack/needles/slap/

does ganon have any lead to his grab? No, and that's one of his biggest weaknesses. Kage, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

maybe a reverse up air can lead to grab vs. a grounded opponent. *ponders*

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
ganon can scare sheik into shield, then grab.

i think stomp > grab works too.

ofc sheik wins the m/u, I just think people give Sheik a little too much credit. Ganon can really get off on Sheik.

Brookman

Smash Hero
you say 'ganon' can scare 'sheik' as if they're not being played by people. talking about matches like that just leads to head aches.

On a more falco related topic: Tell me what you gays hate dealing with the most vs. fox players so I can use that more vs. the falco players I encounter ;]

Brookman

Smash Hero
you say 'ganon' can scare 'sheik' as if they're not being played by people. talking about matches like that just leads to head aches.

replace ganon and sheik with fox and falco

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Because some BS is probably going to hit me soon, I'm actually not sure at all what my next big event will be.

Zenith maybe and I'm not sure if I'll be making Genesis 2 or not, though I would absolutely love to go. A lot is up in the air right now.

And I guess by competition you mean people? Of course I do, I have a salty Armada, Hbox, Amsah coming back for me, and I haven't played Axe in tournament/much at all since Pound 4 where I lost to him in winners bracket so I suppose that's an unknown.

Sleeping on people is how I got ***** at Pound 4 so I don't do that anymore.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
On a more falco related topic: Tell me what you gays hate dealing with the most vs. fox players so I can use that more vs. the falco players I encounter ;]
Shine OOS -> Shine spike
Upthrow Shine stuff by the edge

When I played Col Bol at P5, first stock he Uthrow doubleshined then shined me

so the second stock, I ran over with intentions on trying to see what I could do and hard DI'ing it.

He grabbed me, Uthrow'd which I hard DI'd right which he proceded to SH ShineBair -> Edgeguard Bair.

Moral: Just don't go near the edge ever vs Fox.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
OMFG SOMEONE IS ASKING FOR ADVICE VS FALCON!!!! I GOT THIS!!!

@Moooose: You gotta not let him touch you. He will do dark and dirty things to you. Naughty things. Sexual things.

????

Profit.

Moooose

Smash Champion
lol
what do you think about turn around utilt when theyre coming right at you?
i mean they can bait it and dd grab, but i always see pp doing it correctly =o
whats the secret?

unknown522

Some guy
Who does better against Falco? Marth or Sheik
I used to think that they do about the same, but there's more things that you can abuse vs sheik, than vs marth. His combos are easier vs sheik because of her weight. She's easier to pin down because of her crappy air mobility and having less range and her crappy short hop really bites her in the *** too. Though Marth and Sheik are both characters that are super easy to edgeguard though.

Sheik's edgegurading is easier (not going to say that it's better), but marth's combos and setups for edgeguards are easier (again, not going to say that they are better). I also think that he is 1 of 2 characters that can actually force falco to laser less in the matchup, because of the sheer range, low lag and amount of useful moves that he has to use in different situations.

Marth IMO is better vs falco. I think he actually wins the matchup.
and I think sheik goes even with falco (maybe falco wins).

JPOBS

Smash Hero
moose you gotta be more potent with your combos, you drop a lot of would be combos by doing things that either just wouldn't work, ineffective, or didnt even try to extend.

examples are at 0:08, 0:14, 0:23 (you could have combo'd another nair, or fair or uptilt imo)

those are just some examples, watching he rest of the set cuz darkrain *****
edit: lmfao that combo he did to your second stock was ridic

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
At that point, it becomes more about what color Falco you are.

(hint: one of the colors has a way bigger... dair... than the others. ;))

unknown522

Some guy
falco dittos remind me

how do u beat ledgehop double lasers in the ditto?
get creative.

- jump over the laser and b-air/n-air/d-air
- shine after taking a laser
- platform drop
- laser them
- PS it
- uhhhhhhhh there's more.

Falco wins all matchups

just sayin'

oh, I guess except for dittos, I guess those are even.
I used to say that a lot before, but now I think marth is the only character that beats him (maybe jiggs too, but I say even for now).

Marth and Sheik both win the matchup.
naw, lasers are too broken for sheik to win that matchup.

Top Bottom