• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hey Falco boards, I got 4th at the last Arizona monthly. Best placing yet!

I'm really close to being able to beat players like Tee Ay Eye and GamerGuitarist7. ^^

The sets will be on ATVsmash. All of my really important sets were recorded/live streamed.

Also this tournament made me learn that I should quit Fox and go Falco 100%.

On the topic of random characters:

I'm really ****ing bad against Samus, Doctor Mario, Donkey Kong, and Mewtwo. =[

I have lots of experience vs characters many falcos find difficult such as Peach, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, and Ice Climbers, and really weird characters like Yoshi and Pikachu.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

I'm really close to being able to beat players like Tee Ay Eye and GamerGuitarist7. ^^

The sets will be on ATVsmash. All of my really important sets were recorded/live streamed.

I have lots of experience vs characters many falcos find difficult such as Peach, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, and Ice Climbers, and really weird characters like Yoshi and Pikachu.
Good ****, getting there. =)

I wouldn't mind trying your Falco one day. =)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You're going to have to travel to AZ to. The vocational school I'm going to be going to is MAD strict with their curfew.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
You can play the game however you want to(within reason obviously) and be effective, but I've always been of the mind that whatever that involves should at least somewhat involve keeping stage control. Camping Marth is interesting in that he's forced to approach since he doesn't have a projectile, but it sucks in that Marth is **** at controlling the stage. Maybe it could work if you found a way to condition Marth to approach only at certain times/spacings though.....
It works everywhere but on FD, as it's mostly based on platform running. Marth isn't all in all THAT agile. He surely does have range but if he misses timing even once he can get punished hard for it. I myself usually prefer to be the one attacking/pressuring but should I find myself in trouble during the match up usually what I'll do is escape on platforms (the top one of DL/FoD/BF in particular). From there I just wait untill Marth is far enough, then I get down and start shooting lasers again. If Marth tries to follow me on the platforms this will often put him in disadvantage as space animals move better between platforms. Put it down like this sounds pretty silly, so I'll try to shoot videos in order to explain it as soon as I have the occasion. Also I must unfortunately add this is a strategy I use against lower level Marths I'm not sure it'd work that well against Top Pros but who knows..

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I just like to bumrush Marth since he's combo food. It's really effective if you're good at approaching. I'm still working on it though. My spacing and mix ups still have SO much to be desired.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Hbox is pretty bad with other characters, but yeah like you said it makes absolutely no difference because that's all the dude needs to win. Puff is far from broken and not just because she doesn't win anymore/Hbox lost to a Young Link. The character is a floating balloon that dies early(except on Dreamland lolol) and is slow. It can't be broken.
I remember at apex playing with hbox and shiz's secondaries the night after the tourney at project's house. Shiz said something that kinda stuck with me about hbox's characters, "your fingers aren't used to moving fast yet so you can't do all the things you want to." Seemed like pretty legit advice. granted idk how long/hard hbox practices with his other characters

But alas, that's what us floaty mains suffer at the fate of not practicing tech skill with other characters. except i love hearing it when people say they don't understand how to do all the float cancel stuff. It's nice to be able to do something the rest of the people can't do and be thought of as kinda technical.

and i think this all is like 25% of the reason why i wanna learn tech skill and start sorta learning another character now. 25% because of the ******* crowd people, and 75% cause i think it'd be nice to be able to at least dabble in other characters somewhat legitly

wow, that took me such a long time to type basically selfish nothing :(

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
PP,

haters gonna hate. don't try to head off the 'falco is broken' **** at the pass, just **** everyone with falco. if you get to the point where you're bored of running people over, switch characters, but don't do it to appease people. you worked hard to get where you are and you earned it.

anyway.

so.

Rubyiris was banned a few weeks ago, comes back, and is now a better player, nicer, and not starting **** all the time? Is this like a new person? what happened??

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mahone it's not so much about tech skill to beat m2, i'm sure ruby's tech skill is fine

just learn some tactics that mewtwo can't really beat. he has a lot of decent strengths, but i heard something from forward that spaced ftilts hella **** m2 lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

I wish I knew wtf happened in the samus falco matchup lol. I just better character/Bair those other ones you listed.

It works everywhere but on FD, as it's mostly based on platform running. Marth isn't all in all THAT agile. He surely does have range but if he misses timing even once he can get punished hard for it. I myself usually prefer to be the one attacking/pressuring but should I find myself in trouble during the match up usually what I'll do is escape on platforms (the top one of DL/FoD/BF in particular). From there I just wait untill Marth is far enough, then I get down and start shooting lasers again. If Marth tries to follow me on the platforms this will often put him in disadvantage as space animals move better between platforms. Put it down like this sounds pretty silly, so I'll try to shoot videos in order to explain it as soon as I have the occasion. Also I must unfortunately add this is a strategy I use against lower level Marths I'm not sure it'd work that well against Top Pros but who knows..
Hmmmm being above Marth sounds really bad lol I'm not gonna lie, and Falco isn't particularly fast either, so I'm pretty skeptical so far on this idea. I wouldn't mind you showing me more on how you're pulling this off though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Mogwai: Lol aight i'll try it one of the next times I play the matchup

@Vman: I'm in a terrible mood from pound 5 money thing but maybe I'll look into your vids later

critique thread is always an option

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I actually don't... huge waste of time :dizzy:

Just read plank's post that's linked in the OP of the Melee Results thread and then use your imagination to imagine every possible way people could be pissed about it and save yourself multiple hours of useless reading.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^no need to critique PP, you should know by now...

Me+Axe are notorious for entertainment Falcos....

I understand how you're feeling..... I hope you feel better....

*sigh* seriously don't read.....just think the "worst" and you have a general idea....He's already going through alot as it is... but goin to the thread, and trolling him more about it, isn't gonna help you/anyone else get $$ or anything...it's only gonna add to the cause....Im not saying he isn't wrong cuz he is indeed... however, just think about it... what can you do? Cool a small claims court? You're gonna spend more money winning your case then any of the winners getting money anyway.......

*sigh* anyway <3 you PP

JPOBS

Smash Hero
PP, I have to commend your attitude on the whole thing after reading you post in the thread in tournament discussion board.

you truely are a class act even in the face of incredible injustice.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
"Plank is unable to pay out the people who placed at Pound 5. He overestimated how many people were going to be able to attend, and thus as a result had to use the prize money to pay for the under booked hotel and venue. "

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
W...
o...
w.....
i don't mean to continue this discussion since i know others don't wanna hear it, but it's flat out stealing. he couldn't handle everything that happened, so he lucked out by holding the prize money instead of giving it right after, and used it to save himself. he shoulda been prepared prior, and for him not being prepared, others suffered largely from it.

armada got ***** pretty bad. spent loads of money getting to america only to be sent home with his money being stolen. and on top of that he had some1 buy him a plane ticket for genesis, so he could pay back the guy who spotted him with his pound winnings, now he can't!

wooo plank!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its not like plank is hanging onto the money in his bank account now. It was to pay for the venue. I think its definitely ****ty, but its not as bad as some other things people have done (like stealing money for their own gain)

Still wow, sorry to hear this happened PP (and armada, hbox, m2k, and other high placers)

unknown522

Some guy
Hmmmm being above Marth sounds really bad lol I'm not gonna lie, and Falco isn't particularly fast either, so I'm pretty skeptical so far on this idea. I wouldn't mind you showing me more on how you're pulling this off though.
yes, you should be approaching marth from the ground. Being above him is a terrible idea, and you should get death combo'd for that.

You should be trying to get marth above you.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
I have been playing so sloppy and clanky lately.. :(

I hate this phase.. I usually pick up a random side character to get out of it.. but I have pretty much gone through everybody by now lol.

Maybe I need a new controller.

ugghhh how do I beat the falco stickyness.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Hard to stack it up with no money lolol

Sorry, mabye that was in poor taste, but seriously....

Next time i see plank im gonna stab him with a sharpened toothbrush, what a *****

I know you are going to say not to stab him becuase you forgive him and are at peace with it and are captian america, but someone's gotta get stabbed, so i'll just do it on the dl.... just walk behind him in a crowded metro station, stab him and walk away like nothing happened....

I don't know if you have ever played assassin's creed, but in theory it would look like that.

I really don't want to go to jail again, so if anyone from the government is reading this, i'm joking, i love plank and would never stab him, if fact he has inspired me to start hosting tournies :)

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Yo DrPP.

What can I do against Peach/Puffs with my grabs? Uthrow Uair?

Also, any oither general MU advice against Peach/Puff would be much appreciated :)

Brookman

Smash Hero
Hard to stack it up with no money lolol

Sorry, mabye that was in poor taste, but seriously....

Next time i see plank im gonna stab him with a sharpened toothbrush, what a *****

I know you are going to say not to stab him becuase you forgive him and are at peace with it and are captian america, but someone's gotta get stabbed, so i'll just do it on the dl.... just walk behind him in a crowded metro station, stab him and walk away like nothing happened....

I don't know if you have ever played assassin's creed, but in theory it would look like that.

I really don't want to go to jail again, so if anyone from the government is reading this, i'm joking, i love plank and would never stab him, if fact he has inspired me to start hosting tournies :)
Al Gore would have a field day with this one. Although, I'm sure you'd stab him, too.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I was about to say. From what I've heard, it seems like Plank is getting a lot of **** for no real reason. Sure, he shorted the prize money, but it's not like he was intentionally thinking "OOOOO watch this I'm gonna rob these nerds". He was stuck between a rock and a hard place, and had to pay the damn hotel just to continue hosting the tourney

In unrelated news, no one should ever have a bad word to say about the man single handedly responsible for the Pound series

Beat!

Smash Master
I think Uthrow against Puff/Peach combos into any aerial you want, depending on %. Judging from PP's vids at least. On lower %'s, you could probably combo into Dair, Nair or Fair as well.

If they're at high % you could also try downthrow every once in a while. If they miss the tech, you can downtilt them.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Good players don't miss techs and don't usually tech in place....

On the plank thing. It's not his fault but. If I needed payout i'd say he owes me $....

mers

Smash Ace
The post explaining everything is gone. Did Plank not pay out any money at all? Was there any left over after paying the hotel? Or did he have to pay off the hotel out of pocket to some extent?

I want to understand.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
quit talking about plank ****, this is the damn falco thread.

i don't even play this character, but i'm looking for hints, and all i see is plank ****.

also, i don't think the aerial depends on %, i think it depends on DI of the throw, and DI of the laser. it's like...really complicated. kevin has to react really fast, and probably has to predict to a degree as well. uthrow -> aerial on jiggs is pretty hard, and its probably why few other falcos do it successfully, and is also why hbox is probably still just getting used to BEING grabbed at all; pp's the only falco to really make use of it.

edit: it's probably easier vs peach, but i don't really know.

Top Bottom