• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Community Combo video?

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think of a FALCO community combo video? And if we DID have one, what would be the name of it? :D Poisonally, I think "Saviors of the Bread" would be totally ****ing awesome.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I like the idea but now you make me mad that I was playing Brawl on a non-hacked Wii yesterday :( I laser locked my friend on the platform on battlefield and the replay was too long to be saved...

I would be interested in the idea though and it'd be cool if there were a couple clips of all the regular posters in the boards... It'd be super legit.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Aww man, that sucks. Haha, oh well, Falco does a lot of **** things and I actually pulled off a dair to Laser lock on one of my friends. And he's a really good Wario. But, I couldn't save it cuz it was too long. :/ But oh well! We should try to get in a FALCO CCV by the end of Spring. If we could pull together all the Falco posters. :D
Also, We're 'gonna need to find a person who would be able to help edit the combo video and stuff, but I'm not sure of that. :L

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Wow!!! PERFECT SONG. BLONDIE, YOU HAVE TOTALLY EARNED MY RESPECT. :) But I think the CCV will definitely be longer than 3 minutes, do you have another song that would match falco perfectly? :D

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... Seems good. Thanks Blondie, I'm glad you contributed! Do me a favor and make sure everyone sees this! >.< I want Falco CCV to happen really bad.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I thought [decent] combo videos were a thing of the past.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Also, just a suggestion, but I know how to record in HD, and a high definition combo vid would be totally sick!! It would probably take a long time though and I would only be able to record HD if I got an actual replay file instead of a youtube video.

Just warning you though, this has been tried before and failed miserably http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290652

I see... well, may as well give it another shot huh? And also, do you know anyone who's decent at editing so we could make the CCV look hot too? And .. damn I wish people were more active on the boards, it seems so dead now.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Well since this topic is up and alive now, let's start some work!! Everyone find 3-5 of their best clips and post them here. Preferably have them in replay form so I can record them in HD. I'll try to get some of my clips up by tomorrow.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'll try to keep this thread alive until the weekend so I can really get some combos going. And also, Dr3w, I'm not talking about decent combos, I'm talking about BluB like combos or a lucky combo that can only be made once in a while. I'm pretty sure all of can get that 2 or 3 times. But we need more people to see this thread!

I thought [decent] combo videos were a thing of the past.
No, that's just with Falco. The only combo videos I have ever seen with him involve CG or laser lock. Its so hard to get an adequate sequence of attacks with him.

Well, here's to hoping something interesting pops-up. I bet there is something in the ancient video archives worth using.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
No, that's just with Falco. The only combo videos I have ever seen with him involve CG or laser lock. Its so hard to get an adequate sequence of attacks with him.

Well, here's to hoping something interesting pops-up. I bet there is something in the ancient video archives worth using.
That's true, but there sometimes occasions when Falco just happens to pull off a sexy combo without the use of a CG.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I'm going to a tournament this weekend and if I do anything cool in friendlies, I'll save it. I'll also try to get replays more often so I can contribute a little bit. This is going to be awesome if it works out!

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to a tournament this weekend and if I do anything cool in friendlies, I'll save it. I'll also try to get replays more often so I can contribute a little bit. This is going to be awesome if it works out!
Nice! Good luck at the tourney and bring me back some **** *** combos for the CCV bro. :)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Today, I destroyed one of my friend's wario. His first stock was totally annihilated XDD, I saved a replay of it. Btw, do you have any other combos we could use? Just one more or two more.
I'll have to scroll through my Replays and the videos of me.

I have quite a few, and.. CG Combo Videos.. they suck.
"Look at me! I got a grab, now watch me chain grab him to a *Follow up here* and then gimp him and ledge hog".

As opposed to "Hey look, I just got and awesome move string by reading my opponent perfectly".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BAt...xt=C3d7e165UDOEgsToPDskIFS529h6Uk9v3g_w2IbgPw

From 0 - 13 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIcjiTHyP0E&feature=related

Starts at 2:11 and ends at 2:23.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwM7Q0vODcc&feature=related

3:05 and ends at 3:19.

They all start with D-Throws, but, at that time, I didn't know how to chain grab Zss properly.
I learned after I got home at that tournament.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... these are alright, but I'm sure you can do better bro. Maybe if you brawl one of my secondary chars.. or my fox I'm learning. You could get a sexy combo on me. Also, I think I'm planning on making a thread all about the Dthrow to Fastfall dair to laserlock combo and see how many people it works on and at what percent. I actually also pulled that off ONCE, but I plan on doing it again for the combo video. :D

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Pretty sure d-throw>ff dair can't laserlock. Too much recovery time, so your opponents should be able to roll away. If they just stand there though, then you can laser lock them, but it won't be a true laser lock.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
I guess so... but it's not like I pulled it off a million times, probably once or twice. But I barely use it cuz its hard to do on wifi. :/ ..

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I don't understand why people say Falco doesn't have cool combos. IMO Falco is the flashiest character in the game if you actually try to extend his playstyle beyond being a campy gaylord.

:phone:

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why people say Falco doesn't have cool combos. IMO Falco is the flashiest character in the game if you actually try to extend his playstyle beyond being a campy gaylord.

Omfg, DLA, I love you twice as much now. AMEN! <333! Btw, you know it's me flako right? We had Ganon dittoes. :D

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni

Totally this. Falco can pull of the craziest **** with a few reads.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Totally this. Falco can pull of the craziest **** with a few reads.
Definitely, unfortunately most people degrade Falco to only "lasers and CG" when he's like.. soo much more than that.. In fact, I quit brawl, and came back and mained Falco because of you, BluB. You're one of the best Falco's of Europe, and you truly amaze me with every match you play.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol yeah of course I remember you.

But yeah Falco is really a ridiculous character... I don't understand why Falco's metagame is so primative right now. All I see most Falcos do is camp, and that boggles my mind because Falco is probably the best rushdown character in the game besides MK. Falco probably has the best mixups in the game, he punishes landings ridiculously well with phantasm/dash attack/dair, all of which lead to MORE opportunities to punish landings...man I could go on and on.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Hmm... these are alright, but I'm sure you can do better bro. Maybe if you brawl one of my secondary chars.. or my fox I'm learning. You could get a sexy combo on me. Also, I think I'm planning on making a thread all about the Dthrow to Fastfall dair to laserlock combo and see how many people it works on and at what percent. I actually also pulled that off ONCE, but I plan on doing it again for the combo video. :D

I'm saying this right now, You probably suck.
I don't play Falco online.
People don't want to see Laser locks.
High level reads are much more appealing.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Nobody ever said Falco wasn't flashy. If anybody has ever seen BluB, Gluttony (against Leon that one time), Shugo, DEHF etc you would know that >_>. I, however, would rather get better as a player, solidify my basics, develop more character specific strategies, etc than make a combo video. (I also don't have any recording equipment myself so there's no reason for me anyway, but that's besides the point)

Just gonna be real right now, but Trollby, you need to realize that the boards here are anemic. I'm not discouraging any sort of effort on your part, and I'm sure there are people here that would like something like this to happen, but you need a lot more organization to make this thing even feasible. Also I'm glad that you are very enthusiastic, but please prove to us that you have some credibility. By any means possible get a video recorded (there is a thread in the video discussion that will record you replays), if you think you are a good player so we can see for ourselves. Because to be frank, the level of your posts does not suggest that.

I would also suggest joining the skype chat group, even though that's been kind of dead for the past couple weeks, I'm sure people will be willing to go on more if there is some reason to go on. It's also a much better form of communication then constantly posting threads on the boards. I also suggest that you think of some combo video ideas/choreography yourself and keep track of others' ideas and update the OP, otherwise there is no tangible sign of progress. I expect at least this level of commitment before I join, because otherwise it'll just be wasting my time.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice

... I can't just suck because I play online. For example, Salem was always a wifi-warrior, but then he went to Apex and made a name for himself. People can get good over wifi and then slowly drift into offline play. I'm also only 14 and can't participate in tournies.. , and despite knowing that most people on wifi suck, it's the only option I have and I'm trying to learn and make the best out of it. If you think I suck, I want you to brawl me so I can show you how offensively I take that. Though, I'll probably lose because I've yet to fully grasp Falco's matchups, but I'll definitely show you that I DON'T suck and that I'm trying to put hard work into this character and show everyone that there's more to falco than just campcampcamp. ( By the way, I DON'T GO FOR A LASER LOCK EVERY MATCH, IN fact, I only do it in friendlies, I've been practicing reading and trying to understand my opponent, I absolutely hate it when people just pull assumptions ) :/

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Things got a little too real here.

Lol yeah of course I remember you.

But yeah Falco is really a ridiculous character... I don't understand why Falco's metagame is so primative right now. All I see most Falcos do is camp, and that boggles my mind because Falco is probably the best rushdown character in the game besides MK. Falco probably has the best mixups in the game, he punishes landings ridiculously well with phantasm/dash attack/dair, all of which lead to MORE opportunities to punish landings...man I could go on and on.
I do agree that Falco's metagame isn't fully developed, but it is far from primitive. It only seems primitive, because the boards themselves are in the dark ages. None of the "enlightened" top pro's really post here (aside from the occasional stuff from BC and the like). I also think you overestimate Falco a bit
probably because you main ganon :troll:
. He's definitely solid in all the things you mentioned. But he is definitely not the best rushdown character after MK. Frame data wise, I think Peach has the best rushdown in terms of shield pressure and mixups on shield (nobody has gotten to that level yet though), but a much more tangible example is Diddy Kong who has much better setups for safe pressure. But you're a better player than me so I'll just keep my mouth shut now.

Edit: Not a double post anymore. Trollby if you read my post, then I think you can understand where Poke is coming from. Granted he was pretty harsh there, but you have to understand that this is the internet. This means you have no credibility until you show us some sort of proof. Credibility can come in many ways, but the 2 most common ways around here are 1) videos of you playing, which you have none, and 2) posts. For most of the older members that have been around for a while, your posting "style" is very indicative of a beginner, and you will be treated as such. imo the level of your posts more than the fact that you play online is where Poke is basing his assumptions off of. Internet 101, don't be offended just because somebody insults you online. Understand that most people here are also around the upper teens and lower 20's, and you do come off as a bit immature. Knowing that you're 14 clears up a lot. Now I know you're just a young kid that wants to get better and not some ******* noob.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Nobody ever said Falco wasn't flashy. If anybody has ever seen BluB, Gluttony (against Leon that one time), Shugo, DEHF etc you would know that >_>. I, however, would rather get better as a player, solidify my basics, develop more character specific strategies, etc than make a combo video. (I also don't have any recording equipment myself so there's no reason for me anyway, but that's besides the point)

Just gonna be real right now, but Trollby, you need to realize that the boards here are anemic. I'm not discouraging any sort of effort on your part, and I'm sure there are people here that would like something like this to happen, but you need a lot more organization to make this thing even feasible. Also I'm glad that you are very enthusiastic, but please prove to us that you have some credibility. By any means possible get a video recorded (there is a thread in the video discussion that will record you replays), if you think you are a good player so we can see for ourselves. Because to be frank, the level of your posts does not suggest that.

I would also suggest joining the skype chat group, even though that's been kind of dead for the past couple weeks, I'm sure people will be willing to go on more if there is some reason to go on. It's also a much better form of communication then constantly posting threads on the boards. I also suggest that you think of some combo video ideas/choreography yourself and keep track of others' ideas and update the OP, otherwise there is no tangible sign of progress. I expect at least this level of commitment before I join, because otherwise it'll just be wasting my time.

I'm sorry.. Unfortunately, I'm not too smart of a falco player, I've yet to learn everything there is to Falco and I guess.. I'll try to be a little less annoying to you people. I'll attempt to get a match up of me vs a good player so that you can see the way I play. Also, I'll try to add all the people on skype.. and see if I could liven it up. Excuse me, but I guess I was over-enthusiastic and too optimistic about The CCV and and the dumb guide I posted, sorry. :/

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Yeah man I've seen all of those players. Personally I wouldn't call DEHF or Shugo "flashy"... They both have their moments, but both of their playstyles are pretty safe in general. I really do like both BluB and Gluttony's falcos though, and have picked up tricks from both of them.

Also I modeled my own Falco after Arty, who's one of the most aggressive Falcos out there.

Still though, a lot of other falcos are just so painfully uncreative... They may have some good fundamentals which let them do alright in tournament, but it's 2012...people know how to fight campy falco.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I'm sorry.. Unfortunately, I'm not too smart of a falco player, I've yet to learn everything there is to Falco and I guess.. I'll try to be a little less annoying to you people. I'll attempt to get a match up of me vs a good player so that you can see the way I play. Also, I'll try to add all the people on skype.. and see if I could liven it up. Excuse me, but I guess I was over-enthusiastic and too optimistic about The CCV and and the dumb guide I posted, sorry. :/
No worries. I think you'll find that smashboards can still be very helpful, although your introduction wasn't as smooth.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
No worries. I think you'll find that smashboards can still be very helpful, although your introduction wasn't as smooth.
I could prove you my skill by brawling you. I guess I'm better at showing my skills than expressing them in words, considering I'm 14. Lmao.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I could prove you my skill by brawling you. I guess I'm better at showing my skills than expressing them in words, considering I'm 14. Lmao.
Online doesn't equal skill.
And you can go to Tourneys when you're 14, other people do at your age, so you can't use that john.

Sorry if I come off Harsh, but this IS my Personality and I will not change it.
No matter who you are. Even if you're my Mum or someone I love.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Online doesn't equal skill.
And you can go to Tourneys when you're 14, other people do at your age, so you can't use that john.

Sorry if I come off Harsh, but this IS my Personality and I will not change it.
No matter who you are. Even if you're my Mum or someone I love.
Lmao, I live in Indiana anyway. What tournies could I possibly go to? Besides that, I want to brawl you so you can show me how much I suck. Add me , and Host. My fc is on my profile.

Top Bottom