• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Aerials off-stage

beasterday

Smash Rookie
I've been playing for about 2 months now and when i play with my friend i am too scared to aerial off stage as Falco because when i do aerial I cant firebird out of it. I want to stop being a ***** off stage if any one can help me with this problem that would be much appreciated. :)

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Start on Yoshis. Plug in an empty controller so you're by yourself. Aerial off stage but where you can easily recover. Recover. Repeat, but go a little farther each time until you can't recover anymore. Make sure you know exactly how far you can go. Mess around a lot with all the different aerials at various parts of offstage and alternate recovery to ledge, platform, stage. Learning when your aerials end is key. Use your double jump to do rising aerials offstage too. Try it out on different stages. Just become comfortable offstage and on the ledge.

Then go into some friendlies and have at it, it's ok if you lose a lot of stocks because of it, you'll suck in the short term but get better in the long term. If you're worried about being embarrassed for losing then just explain that you're trying to take more risks in your off stage play.

oh and set it to infinite lives, you'll need em.

Last edited:

beasterday

Smash Rookie
Start on Yoshis. Plug in an empty controller so you're by yourself. Aerial off stage but where you can easily recover. Recover. Repeat, but go a little farther each time until you can't recover anymore. Make sure you know exactly how far you can go. Mess around a lot with all the different aerials at various parts of offstage and alternate recovery to ledge, platform, stage. Learning when your aerials end is key. Use your double jump to do rising aerials offstage too. Try it out on different stages. Just become comfortable offstage and on the ledge.

Then go into some friendlies and have at it, it's ok if you lose a lot of stocks because of it, you'll suck in the short term but get better in the long term. If you're worried about being embarrassed for losing then just explain that you're trying to take more risks in your off stage play.

oh and set it to infinite lives, you'll need em.
I did this and i saw when i aerial below ledge with a fair or a dair i cant really recover ill stick to bairs and nairs for now

Alt0Kyle

Smash Rookie
run off stage, jump, and d-air back on the stage. That's a falco basic and don't ever be scared to go off stage to do something cool like side b kill

St_Steady

Smash Rookie
if they go high, shine jc bair is good, and youll have time to recover and can cover some distance, and if they go low (risky) but you can short hop and immediately dair of bair or nair and you can still recover if you you don't go out too far, but it will be a soft hit

run off aerials are good too cause you can place a hitbox on the ledge and pop back on stage somewhat safely

and just ledge stalling is good but you want to constantly re up your invincibility to get a move out without getting punished

but to address your specific problem, you have to immediately throw your move out when you jump so that you still have a chance of firebirding out of it

Last edited:

Jayners

Smash Rookie
Are you fast falling when you dair? That's what ends up killing me most of the time I go off stage. Do you use the C stick to aerial or analog stick + A?

FI5HY

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1418-6735-6666
If the fast falling is killing you with your dair try using the c-stick instead. If you use A down that'll make you fastfall and diiie.

Chiggaman23

Smash Rookie
You need to understand that up-b is definitely not your only option. You have your side-b, double jump, and a wall jump to recover with. Practice your wall jumping skills, and then try aerials like bair and dair offstage.

Top Bottom