• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Fairy Fountain Research Thread: buhbye ol' chum ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Poor Zelda is just so underwhelming compared to other characters.

MK is like Photoshop. Zelda is like construction paper and a bunch of crayons.

Lol. Thanks MrEh, I'll be sure to incorporate this into my game. =P
Can't see why not. It's amazing.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Rofl, I'm so ****ing tempted to sig that. That's too funny. XD

adum, where you at? You got into BBR for "research," amirite? Research me some new Zelda tricks, NOW. :mad:

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Having dabbled extensively in both of those creative mediums I can seriously say that they both have their ups and downs. :bee:

Nothing beats crayons for serious.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sooo, I'm recruiting the help of Veril so I can finish the basic frame data for Zelda and dig a little deeper into the rest of her info: frame advantages, potential combos, things like that. He seems to be pretty godly at it.

I need SOMETHING new to do with her, even if it doesn't involve actually playing. :urg:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If you happen to get some free time and wanna help, I'll fwd you any info he gives me.

I'm on sort of a weird hiatus where I'm not working and only have two classes during the week, so I have way too much free time apart from tournies + going out on the weekends.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Kaylo forward me stufff!

Also when the guide comes... (if it EVER DOES :mad:), I'm going to dump the OP of this into the 2nd/3rd slots. I like managing this thread. 2 threads, 1 cup... simple! .........

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Uhhh. x.x I guess that works? Not sure why you'd wanna combine the two.

As long as I'm OP of the guide so I can edit it, I dun care.

Veril

Frame Savant
If you happen to get some free time and wanna help, I'll fwd you any info he gives me.
Mah secrets... :urg:

lol

This thread is truly quite impressive, if I played Zelda or vBrawl at all really I would be all over contributing to this. The d-tilt adv data is already better than the majority of frame data analysis I've seen but it is not perfect yet. I've already PMed you what I think should be done.

Sooo, I'm recruiting the help of Veril so I can finish the basic frame data for Zelda and dig a little deeper into the rest of her info: frame advantages, potential combos, things like that. He seems to be pretty godly at it.
Thanks. I appreciate what you are doing for the Jiggs boards and am glad to help you with research. Too bad you don't play B+... do you? You should ;p

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Your secrets are not safe with me. :evil:

The d-tilt adv data is already better than the majority of frame data analysis I've seen but it is not perfect yet. I've already PMed you what I think should be done.
Yeah, I had a feeling I'd have to go over the dtilt stuff again. I'm glad I know what to do now!

Smash Apprentice
After testing it, I think that nair has an upward trajectory when you use it directly on top of the opponent (1 hit). That is, the middle hitbox.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
After testing it, I think that nair has an upward trajectory when you use it directly on top of the opponent (1 hit).
You're madd late.

Fairy Fountain OP said:
Interesting mechanics of Nair!

There are 5 hits to the move, with the 5th one having knockback. The first 4 hits have no knockback growth and cannot be DI'd or SDI'd. As such any follow-ups are guaranteed based on these 4 prior hits. This is known as following up on an autocancelled Nair. A number of trajectories have been found:

* Low trajectory A
* Low trajectory B (from a higher position off the ground)
* Straight up trajectory
* Straight down trajectory

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I think the previous guide-to-be, which might still happen, can be looked back as a stepping stone for us to get together and brainstorm more ideas and be a little more prepared... because I think the reason it probably isn't coming is because the responsibility of holding an entire character's [teeny tiny] metagame can be a bit of a mission.

Actually, I think to drum up some activity we can restart the project altogether and make something amazing. Let me start a group - I've always wanted to start one.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That's not the reason at all, lol. Zelda's so-called metagame is pretty easy to understand and put together into a guide.

Just haven't had the time/motivation, tbqh. But if someone else wants to take the reigns, I'll probably just fwd the draft to someone and let it get finished.

It's almost complete btw. Like..... it literally just needs a few videos recorded, and it'll be done.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
By "mission", I mean we gave you sole responsibility to 'publish' the guide, and us burderning you with that and so losing your motiviation is exactly what my post is saying.

MrEh

Smash Hero
All the situational stuff like that should go in that guide that we are totally still working on... right?
Situational and gimmicky tricks...in a GUIDE?

You'd figure that people would want to learn basics first. You know...things that actually work.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
^ of course, but at the end of the guide people might enjoy that kinda stuff. Once you learn the basics it's time to learn the situational stuff!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That bair thing was awesome. I'd love to see more of those types of situational stuff for Zelda users who already know thier way around her ridiculously linear metagame. (Badly woirded but w/e)

Tricks are fun.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
There's a way you guys can make the Guide short and self-explanatory. "Learn how to use Zelda with just one step! Down B, if done right, you'll see how amazing it is! She gets faster, his missiles actually WORK! And not to mention her many aproaching options! And much more!"

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I feel lied to.

Kataefi, you had me believing that nair autocancels...... it doesn't, lol. What we've been calling an "autocanceled nair" isn't really an autocancel, it's just that nair has pretty low landing lag (12 frames).

I knew something seemed fishy, but it took me madd long to actually bother with looking into it.

You fiend! :mad:

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I feel lied to.

Kataefi, you had me believing that nair autocancels...... it doesn't, lol. What we've been calling an "autocanceled nair" isn't really an autocancel, it's just that nair has pretty low landing lag (12 frames).

I knew something seemed fishy, but it took me madd long to actually bother with looking into it.

You fiend! :mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12vHF6WC6z4

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Muahahaaaa!

But no my face is lke this atm: =O

I always thought autocancelling was landing mid-attack without experiencing some horrid amount of lag... like nair autocancels mid-attack but if you do it with, say, dair/bair/fair you get his huge afterlag. I'll change this up then and we can call it... landing nair? That sounds good. Also this thread will be de-stickied soon. Are you online now btw?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
LOL. Knowing exactly which movie it came from makes it so much better.

Muahahaaaa!

But no my face is lke this atm: =O

I always thought autocancelling was landing mid-attack without experiencing some horrid amount of lag... like nair autocancels mid-attack but if you do it with, say, dair/bair/fair you get his huge afterlag. I'll change this up then and we can call it... landing nair? That sounds good. Also this thread will be de-stickied soon. Are you online now btw?
Autocanceling is landing during an aerial so that you get no lag besides normal landing frames. Usually happens during startup or cooldown so that you can autocancel aerials on a SH or FH.

The LKs are just cursed with bad landing lag..... nair's is fairly low at 12. (The lowest any aerial in the game has is 9.)

& yeah, I'm on AIM atm.

Now that I'm back into research, I'm learning a lot that I was either misinformed about or simply didn't know. @.@

EDIT: @AL: I forget which thread it was where I told you that jab isn't safe against ICs' shield..... I take that back. It barely is, but it is at absolute-you-better-not-****-this-****-up-maximum range.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
LOL. Knowing exactly which movie it came from makes it so much better.

EDIT: @AL: I forget which thread it was where I told you that jab isn't safe against ICs' shield..... I take that back. It barely is, but it is at absolute-you-better-not-****-this-****-up-maximum range.
Ah, I see I thought it was safe but thought I could of been wrong because I tend to forget things at my old age. *shrugs* Good to know that Zelda's jab is at least pretty useful. At least in that regard.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The main problem vs. ICs -- as far as shield safety goes -- is that Nana and Popo operate separately, so sometimes you might hit Popo's normal shield but Nana will pshield and be able to punish. It really depends on how desynced they are and how good the ICs player is at reacting with both characters.

Fsmash is the safest tho since it has so much range/push.... it's just ridiculously slow to start up. :urg:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The main problem vs. ICs -- as far as shield safety goes -- is that Nana and Popo operate separately, so sometimes you might hit Popo's normal shield but Nana will pshield and be able to punish. It really depends on how desynced they are and how good the ICs player is at reacting with both characters.

Fsmash is the safest tho since it has so much range/push.... it's just ridiculously slow to start up. :urg:
yeah all of her moves are slow on start up or have a lot of ending lag. It'd be great if it hit on like frame 8.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
just a quick question about jab and the follows ups. Do all the hits of jab need to hit for me to be able to have a dahs grab follow up or if I space it and hits with only the last move will I still be able to follow up on the jab ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom