• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media Fairly Optimized Dedede Shieldbreak Punish

GeneralMew

Smash Rookie

I spent several hours labbing shieldbreak punishes to do at 0% that do more damage than just fully charged Jet Hammer, and this is what I came up with after much deliberation and testing. I'm pretty sure it works on everyone, DI shouldn't have too much of an effect on it either.

For reference, fully charged Jet Hammer will deal 48% flat in 1v1s, and this combo deals 58.5% in 1v1s.

The two hits of Gordo are quite consistent so long as you get the timing for the Down Tilt correct.

Let me know if any of you other kingly companions are able to optimize it further!

Edit: I understand that on lightweight to certain medium weights, it's possible to just do Up-Gordo into Charged F-Smash for a kill. This combo is best utilized on medium weights bordering on the heavier end to super heavies. Although, to be fair, this combo is pretty situational, fairly difficult, and may be better off saved purely for styling on the enemy. I'd say that it's a pretty important part of Dedede, though.

Last edited:

Flameego

Smash Rookie
①push the opponent to ledge
②roll away
③u-shift smash sideB
④dash to the opponent
⑤f-smash hold
⑥release the finger after gordo hit
⑦the opponent is dead

GeneralMew

Smash Rookie
①push the opponent to ledge
②roll away
③u-shift smash sideB
④dash to the opponent
⑤f-smash hold
⑥release the finger after gordo hit
⑦the opponent is dead
This set-up doesn't kill characters a decent bit heavier than Mario at 0%, and barely kills Mario with DI. It may be more optimal, especially for heavies and super heavies, to rack up nearly 60% and just take stage control. Plus, getting the opponent offstage even without killing them is primo for Dedede.

But I do appreciate the response.

Last edited:

Flameego

Smash Rookie
This set-up doesn't kill characters a decent bit heavier than Mario at 0%, and barely kills Mario with DI. It may be more optimal, especially for heavies and super heavies, to rack up nearly 60% and just take stage control. Plus, getting the opponent offstage even without killing them is primo for Dedede.

But I do appreciate the response.
If you want to punish heavy character, you should do following setup;

①shorthop and sideB immediately(tilt, and u-shifted)
②hammer hits the opponent and gordo
③gordo falls and hits the opponent TWICE
④chase and bair

This setup takes 66% and stage control, furthermore can be performed quickly and easily.

Last edited:

MrJustice01

Smash Rookie
Have you already considered the up-tilt gordo to Up-B offstage? If you time it right, you get to live, and it kills nearly at zero.
However, if this is for straight damage, this setup is pretty good.

Flameego

Smash Rookie
Have you already considered the up-tilt gordo to Up-B offstage? If you time it right, you get to live, and it kills nearly at zero.
However, if this is for straight damage, this setup is pretty good.
I've already considered but that setup can't cover both DI in and DI out. Even though downB hits off stage, I think it can be teched.

If you have the way that can solve above problems, please tell me. I want it seriously.

GeneralMew

Smash Rookie
If you want to punish heavy character, you should do following setup;

①shorthop and sideB immediately(tilt, and u-shifted)
②hammer hits the opponent and gordo
③gordo falls and hits the opponent TWICE
④chase and bair

This setup takes 66% and stage control, furthermore can be performed quickly and easily.
Is there a way for you to link to a video or gif of this setup? I'd love to see it in action. Thank you for the response!

Top Bottom