• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAIR to DTILT at 0% on Mario still working?

Eldramatico

Smash Rookie
So as it's shown on this video at 1m10 Y Link does a FAIR and DTILT. In my tests I only did this by being very close to the ground at much higher percent and I wonder if this has been nerfed as it's in January 2019 (no patch notes says so) and I have tried in so many different ways I have never been able to do it in a true combo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7IaznYja0A&t=12s

I tried to fast fall before imputing the FAIR, FFall between the 2 hits, being as close to the ground as possible, as close to mario as possible, nothing.

Anybody is able to do this true today and could explain how?

Thanks!

woodstck

Smash Rookie
I think I've connected the combo before but I definitely notice difficulties at 0%. I'll try to lab it out later when I get home.

Afaik Young Link's never been touched by any balance changes.

But my advice would generally be to start at ~15% when chars pop a little higher above the ground. I usually go for different combo starters at 0% or for chip damage with projectiles.

Last edited:

Flon

Smash Cadet
That video is from an older version of the game where the combo counter was inaccurate (it assumed more hitstun than the game actually has). A few of those combos could be false as a result.

Last edited:

Eldramatico

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the answers. How can you be sure it's been updated? The latest young link update dates from the 1.2 version on the 13th December 2018 and the video was posted the 13th January 2019. Was the video already already outdated when it came out?

Top Bottom