• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice fair/nair train

StankinAzzBitcchez

Smash Rookie
Hey all you hoes,

how do I chain only fairs/nairs across the stage to keep my opponent in hitstun? what technique is necessary? do i fair/nair, fast fall, then immediately repeat? can i do this with marth, wario, bowser, ridley, bowser jr.? is this a thing you can do? or am i a big booty hoe?

smashing yo big booty,
uncle jemima

NairWizard

Somewhere
It's character-specific and percent-specific, and even then you have to read/follow the DI. For Wario, if you land a n-air, you can frequently land another n-air or f-air before your opponent can do anything, but it depends on how your opponent DIs. For Marth, sour f-air can sometimes lead to another f-air.

Typically you can't chain f-airs and n-airs from one side of the stage to the other unless the opponent is DIng in, which no one will ever do if they know what they're doing. If they just hold out toward the blastzone, then they'll fall out of your string, land, and then punish your attempted followup. You can take advantage of this DI out and chase the DI and do something else, though. Really it depends.

My advice: hit your opponent and watch the reaction: which way do they go? The next time you hit your opponent, punish that reaction. If you can't do this live in game, then watch replays to get the hang of it.

You'll sometimes see Ness players d-throw into f-air f-air f-air, or Cloud players d-throw into Crosslash, or Marth players d-throw into up-air, or something else, and keep doing it repeatedly even when you start DIng in a different direction, just because they aren't watching you at all. Don't be one of those players. Watch the DI.

Last edited:
Top Bottom