• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fair ledge cancel?

VeryUncreative

Smash Cadet
New tech?

Apparently, Lucina can ledge cancel her fair (and other moves, I assume)

https://youtu.be/vVCULTjkPcg

(Dark pit f-threw Lucina right under the left side of the left battlefield platform at 80% with 29% rage. I faired, then slid off the far platform backwards and cancelled it with a nair. I'm not sure what DI I used)

If someone could make a better quality video that would be nice.

If anyone here with more knowledge than a filthy 3ds playing, CPU fighting scrub like me has any idea what is going on here, please tell for the good of ledge cancelling in Smash 4.

Also, please don't look at my dad's other videos on his channel.

EDIT: I had a thought that this is caused by hitting the ground and sliding faster than Lucina's air speed would normally allow, so after getting hit, the game doesn't realize you hit the end of the platform and let's you slide off? But if this is the case you'd think someone would have noticed it by now.

Last edited:

Ghettostorm

Smash Rookie
I don't know too much in depth information about smash 4 stuff like ledge cancelling, so I won't be of much help. I know that characters with teleportation recoveries can ledge cancel but that is about it. As far as I know, Lucina can't ledge cancel on her own but I could be wrong.

VeryUncreative

Smash Cadet
Yeah, plenty of special moves can be ledge cancelled, but there is no way that aerial moves ledge cancel like the special moves do. There has to be something else going on.

I actually think that my theory of what causes it is pretty reasonable, but it might not be what's actually going on.

Top Bottom