• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Think Mewtwo will also have a reveal trailer like Sonic did.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Yes, we probably won't find out until after SSB4's release, but still...

Also, Sonic's trailer was just a gameplay music video, but yeah maybe.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Think Mewtwo will come back as a starter, or unlockable? I think unlockable, which means we might not see his confirmation page until sometime when the game is released.
Being revealed on the website does not mean that the character is immediately a starter though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know, i'd think the unlockables would have Spoiler labels on them like they did on Dojo.
Mario Kart 8 never bothered to keep its characters hidden, and I highly doubt that you'll be using the Koopalings right off the bat. Smash 4 could easily follow that same routine. Besides, Mewtwo would be way out of place as a starting character.

Xyvar

Smash Rookie
NNID
SpeedTasXyvar
As you can see, Mewtwo would be, in my opinion, a great addition. However, as cool as it would be, we all know if the back of our minds, that Sakurai will most likely not bring him back. So the question is then... Who will he add?

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Unlockables could still be around even if the character is revealed before release. Luigi has been an unlockable for the past three games and will most likley be in this one too of course revealing him early was expected since 2013 was his year. Rosalina also seems like she can be unlockable because i cant see all five mario reps being playable from the start. Sakurai is completely aware of the nature of the internet leaking things before release especially with SSE cutscenes being viewed online. Mewtwo being revealed before or after the games release is irrelevant since he will be all over the internet regardless if hes unlockable and Sakurai knows this.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
As you can see, Mewtwo would be, in my opinion, a great addition. However, as cool as it would be, we all know if the back of our minds, that Sakurai will most likely not bring him back.
...I'm not quite sure where you're getting this idea from... Mewtwo seems to have a very high chance of returning this time around.

Especially when you consider that there isn't really any other stand out option, to answer your question.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Think Mewtwo will also have a reveal trailer like Sonic did.
I can see it now....
Mario and Link arrive at a cave, Cerulean Cave to be precise. They enter, using Mario's flame as a light source. Then far ahead in the deep darkness of the cave two purple eyes open. Suddenly the room is flooded with light. We scroll over and it's revealed to be Mewtwo. "MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!" appears on the screen with all the flourishes of the previous newcomers. Mario and Link attack, but Mewtwo's power is too much for them. We are shown scenes of his brand new moveset. Back outside Mario and Link are thrown from the cave and land hard on the ground. They land beside a very familiar Individual wearing sneakers and denim blue jeans. Mewtwo floats out of the cave and is now face to face with the Pokemon Trainer. PT pulls a pokeball from his waist and prepares to battle. "To Be Continued..." fades in on a black screen.

That would make me beyond excited. Just saying.
I'm pretty sure Mewtwo will come back. He's probably the most demanded Pokemon character (or at least that's my assumption).

Xyvar

Smash Rookie
NNID
SpeedTasXyvar
...I'm not quite sure where you're getting this idea from... Mewtwo seems to have a very high chance of returning this time around.

Especially when you consider that there isn't really any other stand out option, to answer your question.
Well I certainly want him back, but I'm expecting the worst is all.

I can see it now....
Mario and Link arrive at a cave, Cerulean Cave to be precise. They enter, using Mario's flame as a light source. Then far ahead in the deep darkness of the cave two purple eyes open. Suddenly the room is flooded with light. We scroll over and it's revealed to be Mewtwo. "MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!" appears on the screen with all the flourishes of the previous newcomers. Mario and Link attack, but Mewtwo's power is too much for them. We are shown scenes of his brand new moveset. Back outside Mario and Link are thrown from the cave and land hard on the ground. They land beside a very familiar Individual wearing sneakers and denim blue jeans. Mewtwo floats out of the cave and is now face to face with the Pokemon Trainer. PT pulls a pokeball from his waist and prepares to battle. "To Be Continued..." fades in on a black screen.

I'm pretty sure Mewtwo will come back. He's probably the most demanded Pokemon character (or at least that's my assumption).
That would be a awesome if that happened!

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
http://askhelixfossil.com/#swf5dk

The magic conch had spoken :smash:

I can see it now....

Not bad of a idea on the trailer but ahoulden't there be gameplay parts as well

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'd rather Mewtwo be his own character.

Do that with a different legendary, such as say Arceus, too powerful for a Pokeball, and definitely won't be playable.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'd rather Mewtwo be his own character.

Do that with a different legendary, such as say Arceus, too powerful for a Pokeball, and definitely won't be playable.

Mewtwo is his own character :confused: unless your talking about the new gen VI mewtwo

But I just want mewtwo back as playable a lot of reaction gifs and videos will be put up here by me when he's playable again

TeamFlareZakk

Mewtwo is his own character :confused: unless your talking about the new gen VI mewtwo

But I just want mewtwo back as playable a lot of reaction gifs and videos will be put up here by me when he's playable again
Me too, I was referring to the idea of him being a final smash for Pokémon Trainer.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, kinda what what's-his-name, Tyrannotaur, said. I've Always imagened Mewtwo's CGi Trailer, if he gets one, to be kinda like that. ^^

I would also love to have his Cave to be his Stage. A slightly rounded rock/Island with water on either side. A very big, dark Cave.

Also, his Final Smash... I've Always seen it be kinda like this. Mewtwo quickly creates a few 'Dark Balls', from his first Movie, that spins around him rapidly. Those hit will be trapped inside. After that, Mewtwo will have them come closer, between his hands, and he will use powerful Psychic Power to damage them ballz, cracking them open, and sending foes flying~

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Maybe Mega Mewtwo for a pokeball, but I wouldn't take up the roster...

SuperSmashBrother

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3523-2286-3241
I hope he comes back I mean there is plenty of time for Sakurai or the development team to re-create him. All they got to do is get Mewtwo from Melee, upgrade some of his moves, add high graphics on him, and add a final smash. It sounds simple and it shouldn't be that hard. Not only that he is the number one character that people want to see come back in ALMOST all sites and top ten lists of characters to come back. He is also very popular and very recent. And if the GameCube was able to deal with four Mewtwos' on the stage, the Wii u should obviously be capable of doing that as well. So now there is no excuse that he wasn't in because of time constraints and especially hardware limitations. I have my fingers cross for him.:mewtwomelee:

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I'm certain Nintendo is sparing no expense on the development of this game. The Wii U is a console deathly in need of killer apps and Super Smash Bros. 4 is a shining opportunity to pull it out of lost cause territory.

That said, I see no reason why Mewtwo would be so low on the priority list, and even if he was I see no reason why production restraints would prevent him from being included anyway. Sakurai won't have to make sadistic choices like in Brawl, merely executive ones.

TeamFlareZakk

I wouldn't mind Mega Mewtwo for a Pokeball, after all, sure there is a really good chance we'll see him playable, which is what we want, and he will probrobaly have Mega Evolution for his final smash along wiith being able to use Psystrike, but there one thing, there are two Mega forms and it's likely that only one can be the final smash, but what of the other?

What I think is since Mega Y is a special attack monster, and had more promotion to be the playable one, they should include Mega X as the Pokeball character, and his attack would be psytrike, it would be something else.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Not bad of a idea on the trailer but ahoulden't there be gameplay parts as well
Well thats what the whole
We are shown scenes of his brand new moveset.
part was. I should have been more specific, sorry.

I do hope Mewtwo comes back. I think his chances are high with his recent Mega Evolutions, inclusion as a legendary in X and Y, and being in the Red Special and the Genesect movie. Also according to the X and Y soundtrack he has his own theme.

As for his Final Smash I can see him having a similar Final Smash to Lucario's Aura Storm. Except instead of a giant Beam it's similar to Psystrike's animation in X and Y where dark energy is pulled inwards towards the middles of the stage and does huge damage and then knock back to anyone in the area.
Either that or he just Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo Y and gets a power boost.

TeamFlareZakk

Well thats what the whole part was. I should have been more specific, sorry.

I do hope Mewtwo comes back. I think his chances are high with his recent Mega Evolutions, inclusion as a legendary in X and Y, and being in the Red Special and the Genesect movie. Also according to the X and Y soundtrack he has his own theme.

As for his Final Smash I can see him having a similar Final Smash to Lucario's Aura Storm. Except instead of a giant Beam it's similar to Psystrike's animation in X and Y where dark energy is pulled inwards towards the middles of the stage and does huge damage and then knock back to anyone in the area.
Either that or he just Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo Y and gets a power boost.
I was think he'd Mega Evolve, then, like you said with like how Lucario's Aura Stom, he'd se Psysttrike in his Mega Form.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I think that will be the case because it allows Sakurai to easily reference the mega forms while not having to make a ton of animations for them as would be needed for a Wario-Man-esque Final Smash, since their body structures are substantially different from classic Mewtwo.

TeamFlareZakk

I think that will be the case because it allows Sakurai to easily reference the mega forms while not having to make a ton of animations for them as would be needed for a Wario-Man-esque Final Smash, since their body structures are substantially different from classic Mewtwo.
I don't know what was done with Lucario, you'd think he'd get his Mega Form after all, he was the first Pokémon to use it and it was part of the main plot in X and Y.

I wouldn't be against Charizard, Mewtwo, and Lucario getting Mega Evolution, as long as they have different moves that make them unique in using different moves.

I think maybe one of them could have the playable mechanic, moving around the stage using their special move, of them, I'd like to see Mewtwo do that.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Watching Mew2King actually play Mewtwo in P:M is the hypest thing.

I've wanted to see Mewtwo at the top of the tiers for years, and now it's finally happening.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I can see any pokemon with a mega evolution has potential, mewtwo and lucario have the biggest potential as they have already been in the smash scene. I'd honestly want to see changes in their final smashes (even though people rarely use items in comp). Mewtwo should be able to go either mega x or mega y form randomly (per say a 50/50 chance?) and kick major ass for a moment, much like sonic would super sonic form. Lucario on the other hand, it's hard to think about. He could either have a mega evolution final smash like mewtwo, or just something else entirely.

I really don't want lucario or mewtwo to have the final smash lucario had in brawl, that think hurts me on the inside. I hope to see mewtwo soon.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I doubt it, but if you're right we'll be sure to come to you for further insight into the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom