• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyway, Aura Sphere still seems to resemble Shadow Ball a little. Did Lucario's reveal make anyone doubt Mewtwo? Am thinking that he'll be revealed near the end, as he'd be a great way to generate mass hype for the game at last moment. And he'll probably have a trailer, like Sonic did.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Anyway, Aura Sphere still seems to resemble Shadow Ball a little. Did Lucario's reveal make anyone doubt Mewtwo? Am thinking that he'll be revealed near the end, as he'd be a great way to generate mass hype for the game at last moment. And he'll probably have a trailer, like Sonic did.
I'm going to call it for it to be revealed at E3.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Actually this is how I see it.
is

is
or

is
Oh I see it, but there is one thing missing, unlike Freeza's second form and Third Form, Mewtwo doesn't have that underwear Freeza runs around in.

That's why I suggested Machoke for King Cold, he's purple and King Cold is the king of running around in a pair of undies.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
1. Play as Lucario
2. When enemy threw Pokeball and when Pokemon inside happen to be Glalie, you must KO him as Lucario before he return to pokeball
3. Once fainted, Machoke will appear and you must KO him
4. After that, you KO Machamp
5. Mewtwo will appear and you will must activate Mega Evolution to beat him
6. Beat Mewtwo and he'll become selectable in screen roster

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
I dont know AS still seems alot brighter than SB though I guess well see when mewtwo gets in, People only doubted his return because of the "Character limit rule" and thought he would replace Lucario because of so called patterns, but basically sakurai is just picking up where he left off with the pokemon series in brawl and re-adding mewtwo. Mewtwo getting a trailer? Maybe if he has a new moveset to showcase if not I think he'll just be in the second ssb4 trailer with everyone else.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
I dont know AS still seems alot brighter than SB though I guess well see when mewtwo gets in, People only doubted his return because of the "Character limit rule" and thought he would replace Lucario because of so called patterns, but basically sakurai is just picking up where he left off with the pokemon series in brawl and re-adding mewtwo. Mewtwo getting a trailer? Maybe if he has a new moveset to showcase if not I think he'll just be in the second ssb4 trailer with everyone else.
Yeah, the character limits are getting upgraded to 5. No Pokémon newcomers, unless Pokémon Trainer becomes a Gen 6 Trainer.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
So should Mewtwo's Neutral B be changed for like... Psystrike now?

Mewtwo creates a white force field that expands rapidly from around it and explodes on contact with the opponent.

Or is that more a Down B thing?

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
So should Mewtwo's Neutral B be changed for like... Psystrike now?

Mewtwo creates a white force field that expands rapidly from around it and explodes on contact with the opponent.

Or is that more a Down B thing?
Mewtwo goes Mega uses Psystrike, unfortunately it's not a STAB for either of the Megas so don't expect a lot of damage.

TeamFlareZakk

Hey guys, you know Gamefreak, they released X and Y last year, they're going to announce either Z or Sapphire and Ruby remakes, then we see Mewtwo.

Gune

Smash Lord
Mewtwo goes Mega uses Psystrike, unfortunately it's not a STAB for either of the Megas so don't expect a lot of damage.
Psystrike is a STAB for both megas "same type attack boost" MMY is psychic MMX is psychic fight.
Hey guys, you know Gamefreak, they released X and Y last year, they're going to announce either Z or Sapphire and Ruby remakes, then we see Mewtwo.
Im bettting money that ssb4 is going to be out before Z or a R/S/E remake is out so E3 is our best bet.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm calling it, Mega Mewtwo Z will look something like this,

Mega Mewtwo Z, aka Celltwo.
I am not entirely sure about that. I already thought that Mega Mewtwo Y was based on Majin Buu and Frieza while Mega Mewtwo X was more of the Cell. Maybe we might get Mega Mewtwo Z that would look something similar to this? :awesome:

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
How would they make Mewtwo Z compatible with X and Y? As far as we know, there's no data for it...

Morbi

Scavenger
How would they make Mewtwo Z compatible with X and Y? As far as we know, there's no data for it...
Couldn't they just update the game? Patch it? I am not entirely sure how the 3DS works...

That being said, I don't necessarily think we will get Mega Mewtwo Z. They already used up the main DBZ villains.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If they could just patch it, why would they already have the Lati twins mega stones and mega evolutions programmed into the game already when they can just keep them hidden and patch later?

TeamFlareZakk

Couldn't they just update the game? Patch it? I am not entirely sure how the 3DS works...

That being said, I don't necessarily think we will get Mega Mewtwo Z. They already used up the main DBZ villains.
There's always this guy.

He kind of looks like Mega Mewtwo already.

Or there's this guy.

I'm not gonna lie, Mewtwo wielding a sword would be cool.

Mewtwo wearing armor with a cape like that would be sweet.

The only problem with this look is, the undies.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
When you mention it, Mega Lucario kinda looks like

Dead serious, the red, the tails, longer hair, more buffer, the eye color.

No, just me?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Eh, it's cool and fine to casually make a nod to how Mewtwo or its megaforms resembles so-and-so here and there, but not when talking about it becomes overdone like it kinda was these last couple pages.

Gune

Smash Lord
I think were thinking a bit much into this mewtwo already has 2 forms a sp att form and and att form a 3rd one would really serve no purpose, so im thinking in Z (if there is a Z verison) either Lucario might get a second one or we will get some other pokemon with ME's hopefully metagross gets one...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I think were thinking a bit much into this mewtwo already has 2 forms a sp att form and and att form a 3rd one would really serve no purpose
Well there's always a speed form, to give Deoxys even more competition in the metagame.

As far as likelihood though, I really question Mewtwo getting a "Z form" as well.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Why would you make mmx feminine? The feminine mewtwo has the y form. I say put feminine on the Wii U so that I can use the masculine one with mmx.
Dammit, I meant the reverse.

Well, it makes sense one way and is at least humorous the other way, so...eh.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
There were some people who worked on Mother who also worked on Pokemon Red/Blue/Green. Mewtwo bears some resemblance to Giegue, the final boss of Mother and what Giygas was before he became a nebulous force of evil.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I would love to see Mewtwo return, but I'm not really that desperate about it, because Lucario came back a month ago. I was pretty decent with Mewtwo in Melee, but I stunk with Lucario in Brawl.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Given the fact that Mewtwo was meant for 64 but was cut due to time constraints, made it in Melee, and, in fact, has code for him in Brawl and was most likely cut, again, due to time constraints, I really do think he is going to be a character in 4.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I tell you, I've wanted to see a Mewtwo confirmation page for almost a decade.

When that day finally comes, the wave of relief will be extraordinary, and I want to be there with you to enjoy the thread parties.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I tell you, I've wanted to see a Mewtwo confirmation page for almost a decade.

When that day finally comes, the wave of relief will be extraordinary, and I want to be there with you to enjoy the thread parties.
Think Mewtwo will come back as a starter, or unlockable? I think unlockable, which means we might not see his confirmation page until sometime when the game is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom