• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Facing MK's mortal enemy

whoami111

Smash Rookie
When I use MK, I alway's have problems with pit. I mean come on, even if I rack Pit up to 120%, he still won't die. He can just keep flying back, making it nearly impossible to edge guard, the only way my MK can kill anything.

while MK can only rack damage, pit can kill MK at 90-110% easily. Wtf? is Nintendo trying to make pit popular?

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Down smash, like Trite said, and Shuttle Loop. An aerial Shuttle Loop near the edge of the stage should kill him at ~80%. Also, by edge guard, I hope you mean that you jump off the stage and attack him there.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
dsmash him, and then follow him and fair him and shuttle loop him (make sure he doesnt aviod this though and that you're close enough to the stage to get back)

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
If he's level with the stage or below, hit him while he's doing up-b and he's gone. Also works above stage if you can keep him from hitting the ground/getting the ledge.

whoami111

Smash Rookie
Down smash, like Trite said, and Shuttle Loop. An aerial Shuttle Loop near the edge of the stage should kill him at ~80%. Also, by edge guard, I hope you mean that you jump off the stage and attack him there.
yes that is what i meant by edge guard but pit's up B brings him up pretty quick

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
If you thought Pit was a problem for meta knight.

Link or toon link can prove far more a threat due to more effective Projectiles.

Samus eh...

hers are easy to avoid.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ha, do you want some kind of character that's good against everyone else? Every character has a counter of some kind.

MLG Masa

Smash Cadet
Knock em off the edge and a good non-hit-decayed nair would kill. I usually only use nair to kill because its a reliable killing move that you can use on or off the stage. Also if you hit pit while he does his up-b he cannot do up-b again until he hits the ground. So a well placed attack during his up-b can send him to his death.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
yes that is what i meant by edge guard but pit's up B brings him up pretty quick
When you knock him off, you should try to be on top of him immediately. If he's above you with his wings, look for a Shuttle Loop. If he's below you, a nair is incredibly easy to hit him with. Or a dair if it suits the situation better.

If he's in front of you, you have both options. You can choose to drop below him for a Shuttle Loop...off stage this will kill as low as 70%...possibly less.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
why on earth would anyone edge guard with MK.... you have the ability to fly out and knock him even farther way, making it even harder for him to come back, here is how it works, when you knock him off, chase after him, even if he's in the magnifying glass, and just like everyone in the post said, use a nair the simply glide back

GodotAA

Smash Ace
i feel pit is an easy match up against meta knight.

His attacks are not as fast, Have less priority, and they dont combo as well.

just get pit below the stage and then chase him force him to use his up b and when he does just jump down and hit him making him lose his up b

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
i agree, it's very hard to edgeguard pit.. as long as you're playing against a smart one. everyone posting here is talking about things that wont work against someone smart who knows how to avoid getting gimped by mk. if you're playing one who stupidly uses his up b far away from the stage and doesnt try to get to the ledge then sure it's very easy then... his projectiles are annoying too. if he keeps using arrows you dont even have enough time to start up a shutlle loop to block them which is why he's very annoying lol. but talking about his recovery he and pit are probly hardest to kill of the edge because of the glide ability.

Top Bottom