• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-throw to Pill Funny Mix Up

DJSKRELP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NotApplicable
3DS FC
3024-8713-4194
https://youtu.be/Bgw-szDz5ao

I've known about this for a while now, but I thought I'd post it. It is particularly good against players that do not tech or miss them frequently. It is a good way to get into their head. Most of all, I just find it funny.

I know it isn't a jab lock. It creates more of a reset but I don't know what you'd call that. And although I executed it a bit late in the video, it still works depending on how thathey land.

Last edited:

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
That wasn't a jab lock. It was executed too late based on how diddy kong was able to get up attack.

Also you don't need to make a new thread every time for this.

Last edited:

DJSKRELP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NotApplicable
3DS FC
3024-8713-4194
That wasn't a jab lock. It was executed too late based on how diddy kong was able to get up attack.

Also you don't need to make a new thread every time for this.
Updated the post to clarify. Fite me

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
Still, this isn't really a reliable setup. Pill is a laggy move and nair will also jab lock or cover the tech in place option.

Also jab resets and locks are the same thing. True infinite locks are only possible in brawl while in melee it can only happen once and that's why it's called a reset.

Last edited:

DJSKRELP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NotApplicable
3DS FC
3024-8713-4194
Still, this isn't really a reliable setup. Pill is a laggy move and nair will also jab lock or cover the tech in place option.

Also jab resets and locks are the same thing. True infinite locks are only possible in brawl while in melee it can only happen once and that's why it's called a reset.
I never said it was reliable. I said it was funny and worked against bad players. Someone didn't read my post.

kro_

Smash Apprentice
I never said it was reliable. I said it was funny and worked against bad players. Someone didn't read my post.
Here's my combo that works on bad players

up-throw -> fair -> cape -> up-smash -> f-smash -> taunt

but that doesn't mean it needs a thread

Top Bottom