• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-smash Own Zone

noradseven

Smash Lord

Just saying u guys be hatin on da f-smash way too much, it has its uses, and not only as a taunt its still her worst move, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use it man, just remember its like d-smash but with a ton more range, but if you miss your ****ed.

Plus it has crazy *** priority and its multiple frame hitbox makes hitting obvious landers a cinch.

Also most ppl exp against ZSS players have no idea what it looks like lol, and its always fresh.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think you should change your password. Dark Water has clearly figured it out.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I think you should change your password. Dark Water has clearly figured it out.
I don't think darkwater would know about glittertext, but seriously all the crazy hate for this move is getting to me, it has a use abeit a rare one, but still I find myself using it on average once a match.

Its still her worst move along with f-tilt, which I still say is tied not because its bad, but because there is almost always something better you should be doing instead, except in a few rare circumstances similar to the f-smash except if you randomly though out the f-smash you are kinda screwed unlike the f-tilt.

Salem

Smash Champion
It's my most funny and random roll punisher I got to say.
I almost always hit with the back of it. >_>

F-Smash is alright after a Charged-B Shot or a D-Smash, but its not really worth using unless you want to keep people close.
It's really a CQC move.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
sometimes I think it could be useful to hit people while they're trying to recover... but I never think of it during a match...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Its still her worst move along with f-tilt
Wow, really? Ftilt is worse than dair and uthrow?

Seriously, now, don't go saying things that are absolutely ludicrous. You at least have a point that fsmash has a use, even if there's almost always at least. one move that's more useful in any given situation.

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry, but we should be doing the Angled down Ftilt more.
Its actually a good move, and it can cause your opponent to trip.

I figured out we can use the Pivot Fsmash, can we do that to punish spot dodging, ect?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
OH GOD ROFL
I think I'm kind of glad i wasn't here for this thread xD
Or am I?

...Woooooow though. Just wooooow.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Almost definitely.
There's only 1 good hitbox on fsmash (well 2, but 1 is ridiculously hard to hit with and the other isn't as hard)...and considering how slow it is that means you should never use it except out of dsmash, when you're going for the kill.

Imagine 4 hitboxes on it. One inside her torso, one in front of that (barely touching her chest), the one in front of that and one at the very tip.

The 2 inner ones do 10% and are useless. The 3rd one does 12%, this is one of the ones that kills earlier than bair.
The one at the very tip does 6% and is laughably weak.
Practice to get a feel for the spacing for the 3rd hitbox.

Apparently there's a 5th hitbox (the one that kills ridiculously early) but it's also inside ZSS and like 99% of the time, it overlaps with the other one (weak) that's inside ZSS' torso, and the weaker one takes priority over the other one so that's the one that connects with the opponent and they'll suffer from the damage and knockback of the weak one.

I've seen you posting a lot around here recently, I would like it if you posted a vid or two of yourself in the critique thread so I can get a feel for what you need to improve on.

Edit: Also, nobody else post here after this post because this is a stupid thread and it shouldn't keep getting bumped

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Oh, I remember this thread.
I use f-smash a lot now.

I also use f-tilt a lot now. 3rd best ZSS please.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well couldn't we compile a small list of instances when we'd use it Like Nick said anti air is nice .
Had a toonlink trying to troll me one time with the ledge planking bomb stuff and i just sat back at max range and smacked his ass away.
a shame he didn't die he was at over 140%. But i guess that just justifies the hate f-smash gets XD.

DoubleAgentXies616

Smash Rookie
I would discard f-smash just because it's not combo-friendly. It could end a combo that has not even started, if you landed a charged-b, you DO NOT want to finish it with a f-smash. You said it yourself, noradseven, there's a lot more attacks you should be using instead.
Even if it hits (yes, it has priority, yes, it has reach, yes, it can hit the enemy if they're behind you), the hitstun is too short to tage advantage of. When the hitstun of f-smash ends, ZSS will have barely ended the attack animation as well, leaving NO TIME to combo, at all. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the hitstun is actually shorter than the animation, so if you land it, you'd still be punished for failing so bad.

So no, IMO, f-smash should never be used.
A very well calculated grab, a f-special, a bair (as a killing attack), a nair (as a mid-percentage follow up attack), would be better options if you land a succesful charge-special.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I dont use it.
Its has a slow start up and slow ending and is very weak.
When has anyone ever known for a whip to cause knockback? They're thin and are meant for pain.
I usually use a well spaced f special.

Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
it's kind of funny to bust it out once in a while, it has a deceptive hitbox and helps clear out your stale moves.

Top Bottom