• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-CG question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptv999

Smash Rookie
I've just recently picked ice climbers, and I'm just practicing chain grabs to get the hang of it. With F throw, I can chain 2 of them (Popo throw, nana grabs, then nana throws popo grabs)
but after the process in the parenthesis, I can't seem to grab with nana again... I'm pretty sure the timing is right. I mean I've done it before up to around 5 or 6 times but it doesn't happen often enough. Does anyone know what the problem may be, and why it always has to stop after the 2nd chain grab? A suggestion as to how to fix it would be nice~
I was thinking maybe it's because nana is behind popo more than she is by default after she throws? But I'd need verification on that.

Also, I have a problem with desynching. I'm only doing one method of desynching (squall->attack usually ice blocks) for the sake of practice, but after I separate them (I don't know if they're desynched or not, but I presume they are since nana doesn't follow popo's moves), Nana doesn't stay desynched long enough, and I can't pull off a blizzard wall, or even good u air strings. Any help on this?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Hmm. This would've been better received in the QandA thread, rather than having it's own thread.

Anyway, with the fthrow problem it's more than likely because you end up getting spaced differently than when you started and accordingly you have to adjust your regrab time to how you're spaced, if you grab "at the same time" then you'll miss due this change in spacing.

As to your desyncing problem, if you do the IBs and both climbers fire one but in opposite directions, you don't have enough frame difference between you and Nana to remain desynced. You should probably input an action for Nana just as squall is ending to where she will be the only one to perform the action. Then you'll know you be able to carry on desynced.
If you want to learn about other desyncs that may be of use to you. Go here.

inb4flames
inb4lock

ptv999

Smash Rookie
haha thanks. I guess I should post this in Q&A after all :p

and yea only nana does the ice block, but I guess I just don't know how to control desynced IC yet :/

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
I'm also a relatively new Ice climbers player and I find the easiest desynch to be the one step dash dance desync. Back Dash -> Forward Dash -> Nana Blizzard. Pretty easy once you get the timing down. Also try a walking pivot to ice block, requires gentle stick control.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Q&A thread please :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom