• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-air first hit kill confirm?

MoSBanapple

Smash Rookie
As a lot of people already know, Mii Brawler's kill power suffers when the opponent gets past 70% due to down-throw no longer chaining into helicopter kick. In particular, kill power seems to hit a low point at around 100%, when down-throw is too strong but up-smash and aerials are too weak (side-smash and ultimate uppercut KO at that percentage, but they're harder to hit). However, I've noticed that if you hit a grounded opponent with the first hit of f-air (hitting the ground before the second kick) at around 100%, they pop into the air at a perfect height for helicopter kick or d-air. I haven't seen people use it yet, and I was wondering whether it was worth doing.

hakaithesamurai

Smash Cadet
NNID
hakai009
3DS FC
3969-5099-6833
I've used it. If it catches them off guard and they DI poorly you can get a KO from it

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
As a lot of people already know, Mii Brawler's kill power suffers when the opponent gets past 70% due to down-throw no longer chaining into helicopter kick. In particular, kill power seems to hit a low point at around 100%, when down-throw is too strong but up-smash and aerials are too weak (side-smash and ultimate uppercut KO at that percentage, but they're harder to hit). However, I've noticed that if you hit a grounded opponent with the first hit of f-air (hitting the ground before the second kick) at around 100%, they pop into the air at a perfect height for helicopter kick or d-air. I haven't seen people use it yet, and I was wondering whether it was worth doing.

Yes, this is a very valid kill confirm for Brawler at higher percents. It's probably Brawler's safest move in neutral as it has the farthest reach, and if you manage to hit with it, it pops them right up just like you said into a kill confirm.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Fair isn't safe on shield, so I wouldn't throw it out willy nilly, but it's definitely useful. It can combo into our up B's, UU, or up smash to kill. Maybe down smash, but I'm not sure on that one. Down air is also a super nice kill option. The sweetspot kills grounded opponents vertically, the sourspot kills horizontally, and it autocancels from a shorthop, as long as you don't fastfall. Use it a lot.

Top Bottom