• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ezio Auditore's Smashing Brotherhood

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Who's Ezio?
The mentor of the italian brotherhood of assassins and a member of the House of Auditore who has seeked vengence for the betrayal of his family. He is a legendary master assassin with many skils.

"I did not choose this path. It was chosen for me. At first, I thought vengeance would be easy. For thirty years I've lived in the shadows, visited death upon those who deserved it, and vanished like the wind. I don't know who started this conspiracy, but I know who will end it. My name is Ezio Auditore da Firenze. Like my father before me, I am an Assassin."

Why Ezio?
He is the perfect 2nd character for Ubisoft after thier mascot Rayman, and Smash4 has shown that 2 characters from the same company are possible, including 2 newcomers (Megaman + Ryu).

Ezio is arugably the main and most recognisable and beloved assassin from the 70m+ selling franchise, featuring in AC, ACII and II:Discovery (a DS game), AC:Brotherhood and AC Revelations making him one of the icon's of gaming.

He could bring to the table a cool unique stealthy playstyle, utilising various hidden weapons and items including swords, daggers, pistols, smoke bombs and the like. He could swiftly switch between his plethora of weapons, each suited for different uses. Having someone with dual-wielding swords is something very new to Smash. And no, he wouldn't play anything like Shiek. There is also the potential of featuring other assassins like AC4's Edward Kenway as costumes, or at the very least having many pallete swaps inspired by other characters. Weapons and abilities from later games could be used too, especially if they go the multiple characters as costumes route.

Ezio's Creed of Assassins
WhiteEagle
Zebei
Kirbeh
Opossum
cothero

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
This assumes that Smash is even getting one Ubisoft rep, which I highly doubt.

TIL Ezio had games on Nintendo systems. (at least one)

Support. AC 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations made me love the series before 3 made me quit.
Ezio was my favorite videogame character of all time for a pretty long time, and I would love to see him in smash.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Rayman almost got in last time and anything is possible. :p
TIL Ezio had games on Nintendo systems. (at least one)

Support. AC 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations made me love the series before 3 made me quit.
Ezio was my favorite videogame character of all time for a pretty long time, and I would love to see him in smash.
He has the DS game. You should really try Black Flag, its the only one I played so far and almost 100%ed it cos so damn good. I might play one of the older AC's, but only after some new AC with a setting and time period I'm actually interested in.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Rayman would be my preferred Ubisoft rep, but I can't deny how big Ezio's franchise is. And on top of that we already have an AC rep.

:4mario:

Alternatively the joke could also be:4villager: as he actually comes from a series also referred to as AC. Plus he certainly has the makings of an assassin with the way he wields that axe.

Hopefully the AC joke makes it relevant and doesn't count as spam. If so, just let me know A Distant Demon A Distant Demon and I'll edit the post.

I'm not too sure how well he'd fit in, but we did get Snake, so I'll put in my support as I do like the character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ezio is a legitimately great character and funny enough, the best part about Soul Calibur V. :p I'd be fine with him joining Smash.

Requiescat in pace.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"The wisdom of our creed is revealed through these words. We work in the dark to serve the light. We are assassins. Nothing is true everything is permitted."

Ezio would be ****ing awesome, easily one of my favourite video game characters. His alts could be based on his Revelations outfit, Armour of Altair, the Brutus armour from Brotherhood as well as some of the dyes he's able to use.

Also can't mention Ezio without some of the kickass soundtrack from his games.

Venice Rooftops
Earth
Ezio's Family
Brotherhood Chase Theme (or the oh **** La Volpe's gonna kill Machiavelli theme)
Revelations Main Theme

A trailer for Ezio would absolutely need to reference this. Mario's introduction was perfect.
Requiescat in Pace.

the best part about Soul Calibur V
Speaking of which, someone needs to make a thread for Nightmare if there isn't one already.

Link vs Nightmare vs Ezio would be great just for the fact that Link and Ezio were guests in Soul Calibur and now Nightmare can fight them on their home fields (Ezio would probably bring either the Villa Auditore or Venice Rooftops as stages). Heck throw in Heihachi too.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
"The wisdom of our creed is revealed through these words. We work in the dark to serve the light. We are assassins. Nothing is true everything is permitted."

Ezio would be ****ing awesome, easily one of my favourite video game characters. His alts could be based on his Revelations outfit, Armour of Altair, the Brutus armour from Brotherhood as well as some of the dyes he's able to use.

Also can't mention Ezio without some of the kickass soundtrack from his games.

Venice Rooftops
Earth
Ezio's Family
Brotherhood Chase Theme (or the oh **** La Volpe's gonna kill Machiavelli theme)
Revelations Main Theme

A trailer for Ezio would absolutely need to reference this. Mario's introduction was perfect.
Requiescat in Pace.

Speaking of which, someone needs to make a thread for Nightmare if there isn't one already.

Link vs Nightmare vs Ezio would be great just for the fact that Link and Ezio were guests in Soul Calibur and now Nightmare can fight them on their home fields (Ezio would probably bring either the Villa Auditore or Venice Rooftops as stages). Heck throw in Heihachi too.

wow those tracks are amaizing. Very in love with revelations theme and Venice Rooftops! I should listen to more AC OST's.
And the alts look great!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
wow those tracks are amaizing. Very in love with revelations theme and Venice Rooftops! I should listen to more AC OST's.
And the alts look great!
Jesper Kyd is just a fantastic composer. It really helped make the Ezio trilogy something special and one of my favourite gaming trilogies alongside Mass Effect, Halo and Metroid Prime.

I wish he'd come back to the series. But some of his other works include the Borderlands series (the soundtrack here is extremely underrated) and the earlier Hitman games.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Important question: On the off chance he gets in, would the series have to change its name to "Super Smashsassin's Creed?"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Important question: On the off chance he gets in, would the series have to change its name to "Super Smashsassin's Creed?"
Either that or Super Smash: Brotherhood.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well since this year we are most likely getting a new AC game, what setting would you like to see most?

I'm hoping for 1700s eastern Europe cos Ottomans, Russians and Winged Hussars or the heavily requested China.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Well since this year we are most likely getting a new AC game, what setting would you like to see most?

I'm hoping for 1700s eastern Europe cos Ottomans, Russians and Winged Hussars or the heavily requested China.
I just want to see Tom Nook again

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

This year's confirmed to be Ancient Egypt anyway but a future title I'd like to see would be a proper title set in the Russian Revolution, none of that sidescroller Chronicles stuff.

Also obligatory Feudal Japan mention.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This year's confirmed to be Ancient Egypt anyway but a future title I'd like to see would be a proper title set in the Russian Revolution, none of that sidescroller Chronicles stuff.

Also obligatory Feudal Japan mention.

ooo no way I didn't know that. Ancient Egypt is gonna be soooo damn cool. The Russian Rev idea is great too.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to Ubi, I'd want Jade from BGE the most. That being said, she would only get in, if Ubi were given two sports. That way they can add a more iconic character like Rayman or Rabbids. I just don't see AC being a priority for Sakurai, and he would look out of place in the roster.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
When it comes to Ubi, I'd want Jade from BGE the most. That being said, she would only get in, if Ubi were given two sports. That way they can add a more iconic character like Rayman or Rabbids. I just don't see AC being a priority for Sakurai, and he would look out of place in the roster.
That's a very good character to want and a unique want. Never lose faith, you never know.

I think after Rayman, AC has a good shot and I don't see how it looks out of place when Snake, Bayo, Cloud or Ryu are/were in and they look good, to me.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I wonder what the new AC setting will be. Origins was something me and many people wanted so badly.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
There's a rumour next AC will be set in Ancient Greece and coming next year. Honestly, not surprised. They can basically do another Origins, but in Greece.

Norse AC when. I wanna fight giants and meet valkyries.
still doubting? :p

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
As unlikely as it may be, I'd totally be down for this. Come on! An Italian stereotype doing battle with a genuine Italian of the Renaissance era? Pure gold. I've always been a huge fan of the AC franchise (even though I had to stop at IV because I only have a Wii U atm), and Ezio definately would be the most likely rep for the series. Does he really reach the "legendary" or "iconic" status of the other 3rd party characters that have been added in the past? I'm not so sure. Then again, does Rayman even have this? Rayman at least has been around longer. I feel like Ezio's best chance would be through fan demand like what happened with Bayonetta, but he really doesn't seem to have it.

I still think it's a great idea though. I am having a hard time picturing his move-set honestly though, especially his specials. What would be his recovery? He turns into a hawk? Heh...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
As unlikely as it may be, I'd totally be down for this. Come on! An Italian stereotype doing battle with a genuine Italian of the Renaissance era? Pure gold. I've always been a huge fan of the AC franchise (even though I had to stop at IV because I only have a Wii U atm), and Ezio definately would be the most likely rep for the series. Does he really reach the "legendary" or "iconic" status of the other 3rd party characters that have been added in the past? I'm not so sure. Then again, does Rayman even have this? Rayman at least has been around longer. I feel like Ezio's best chance would be through fan demand like what happened with Bayonetta, but he really doesn't seem to have it.

I still think it's a great idea though. I am having a hard time picturing his move-set honestly though, especially his specials. What would be his recovery? He turns into a hawk? Heh...
What Rayman has over Ezio is that he is technically the companies mascot and yh been around longer. But AC is unis most successful and recognizable series with over 100million sales

Ezio would play using stealthy assassin tricks but obviously he wouldn't be completely stealthy like Snake was cos of smash.

Unless they let him to turn invisible but I don't see that working well.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am a bit split, on one hand, he offers more to gaming than Rayman as far as I am concerned, and he would likely be much more fun for me personally. On the other hand, I really do not want him in the game. The "realistic" humans look weird compared to most of the smaller characters on the roster and I am just not a fan of the series. I enjoyed the first, because it felt different, the pirate one I tried to like but could never get into and I want Origins just for Egypt. Other than that, I have no connection to the series.

D

Deleted member

Ezio Auditore is a character I hold close to my heart, and my favorite Assassin's Creed character and assassin I'd love if he got in. Don't see it but it'd be great.

XigmunGothar

Smash Cadet
Ezio Auditore is a character I hold close to my heart, and my favorite Assassin's Creed character and assassin I'd love if he got in. Don't see it but it'd be great.
TOTALLY AGREE. It'd be especially nice to have Ezio also with alt costumes as Altair and Bayek, but I agree any AC is super unlikely.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. But, I'm planning on getting Assassin's Creed III for my Wii U. I support!

D

Deleted member

Glad to have you on board, again his chances, are very unlikely but regardless, Assassin's Creed is doing fine. And Ezio Auditore Da Firenze's legacy in Assasin's Creed will, live on.

KahunaLagoona DX

Smash Cadet
So I guess it would be fitting for a newcomer to support a newcomer.

Until that day happens, I'll have to settle for a Mii Swordfighter (Which I created for Smash 4...)

I would like to point out that Assassin's Creed has had several cross promotions with some Japanese franchises like Final Fantasy 13-2 and the like.

Not to mention while Assassin's Creed Odyssey isn't on Switch in the west, it is in Japan...

While that technically doesn't have to do with Ezio, it does show that the series has some grounds in the Japanese market, which would be well seen given Nintendo's good relationship with Ubisoft.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Wow, surprised this thread is so dead. Ezio isn’t the most likely, but he is pretty much the face of one of Ubisoft’s flagship IPs. I don’t have high hopes for him, but I love the Assassin’s Creed 2 and Brotherhood so dang much. I support.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I support! Always figured if someone made it in from Ubisoft it would be Ezio.

KahunaLagoona DX

Smash Cadet
No Confirmation or Deconfirmation - Other than this one mention at an Ubisoft party or something where apparently the head of the Assassin's Creed series apparently hasn't heard of Smash Brothers when the question was brought up... But I don't really have any thing else beyond that, and I'm not sure where I can find the article that mentions that.

All we have to do is pressure Ubisoft "Lightly" to let them know that Ezio is wanted in Smash.

I'd say the best options there is actually supporting the Assassin's Creed series itself on the Switch. Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered is on the Switch, and Assassin's Creed Rebels Collection is coming to the Switch on Dec 6th - so buying both games for the Switch would help drive support by telling Ubisoft that there's a market for Assassin's Creed among Switch owners - something that was really lacking in the Wii U era (to the point that Black Flag not only wasn't given any extra pre-order goodies for the Wii U version, but that most retailers thought the Wii U version didn't even exist.)

Granted, the Assassin Creed Games out and coming out for the Switch are exactly the same ones that were on Wii U, barring Liberation as part of 3 Remastered's package and Rogue being a part of the Rebel's Collection (where it was the last hurrah for the PS3/360 when they were focused on the buggy Unity) but hey, maybe buying them now would again, tell Ubisoft that Assassin's Creed has a market on the Switch.

MAYBE it might tell them to bring over The Ezio Collection onto the Switch as well - HIINT HINT

(And maybe that might also give them incentive to tell Nintendo to add Ezio into Smash as Non-Fighter Pass DLC....)

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
I support this full-on, no way this shouldn't happen. My entire family and a good bit of everyone i know loves this game

Top Bottom