• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eye strain but only in tourney settings?

Prison

Smash Cadet
Hey all, I started going to locals recently, and I'm not sure whether it's the monitors they're using, or the environment, but I found I was experiences significantly worse eye strain even though I played only a fraction of what I would play at home.

I'm now debating in investing in a pair of blue-blocking lenses(as well as switching to a tourney legal monitor while at home), but was wondering if this is a common problem. At home i play on a pretty basic 32" LCD, at locals we were playing on 23-24" monitors. This is the only place (aside from 8hrs at work) where I've experienced any sort of strain or dry eyes.

Appreciate the thoughts/opinions.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm pretty sure tourneys deliberately use old, outdated, grainy TVs to reduce "input lag".

Top Bottom