• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extremly EASY method of CGing heavy characters 0-death.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
lol i didn't finish my other post but if you do a alt throw then regrab after nana has thrown THEN do a b-throw to FS ice block regrab it is ALOT faster afterwards you don't have to keep doing alt throws to set it up because they'll already be in the position to FS and you don't have to wait for them to get there

Levitas

the moon
It's how long the throw animation is for these characters. For lighter ones you would have to jump well before you threw them backwards and try to aim nana into foolstooling them. With heavies you can just mash X right as you backthrow and it's timed for you.
I'm gonna assume that throw animation length is based on mass.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
everybody gets mad at me when i do this infinity... :p

but i was tryin it on bowser cpu and he seems to be able to roll out of it after he bounces from my ice block... how is this happening??

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
everybody gets mad at me when i do this infinity... :p

but i was tryin it on bowser cpu and he seems to be able to roll out of it after he bounces from my ice block... how is this happening??
Gaia_x said:
Bowsers Fall animation is different then others
This; or he has a fast getup/roll/attack animation when he gets hit on the ground.

BTW besides b-throw, doing a d-throw footstool works on him following with a quick Ice Block should help.

InfamousLegato

Smash Cadet
I'm sure I'm the only person in the world who would have a hard time mastering this but of course I'm having hard time doing it.

I can't time the Ice Blocks correctly after the back throw foot stool.

Also, what does Buffer mean in Brawl Terminology?

Smoom77

Smash Master
Buffeting means to input the move you want to come out next. You do it by inputting the move 10 frames before the end of the move you're in. Your buffered move will come out on the next available frame.

I'm a bad explainer.

InfamousLegato

Smash Cadet
Wow, I didn't mean to necro this so hardcore. It's been on the first page forever so... yeah.

Thanks Vitamin, I just wanted to know how I could better explain it to people, I really couldn't come up with the wording for it.

Frozenhobo, I knew what it was, I was asking for an explanation of it. I'm pretty bad with words, but you're an elitist douche so I guess it doesn't really matter.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you keep saying that like its supposed to make me feel bad. however, you're the one who had to ask what "buffer" meant in brawl, so as far as i'm concerned your an ignorant, annoying person that should treated with as little respect as possible.

plus, my purple name is for the workshop backroom. that has nothing to do with tourneys or anything related standard brawl play.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Frozen, I didn't know what buffering meant when I played brawl until I saw Chibi's buffered throws video. All he's doing is asking questions, but maybe in the wrong place.

Next time Legato, ask in the Q&A.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
but he's been registered since 2008.... you'd think during that time either someone would have explained it to him or he would have at least noticed it from playing.

InfamousLegato

Smash Cadet
I took a hiatus for about a year after registering from really posting, contributing, or anything of that nature.

I was asking for a definition, not how to do it. Like I said, I knew what it was, but I couldn't really explain it to other people, hence my question in the first place.

And thank you Frozenhobo, I dunno what I'd do if some assclown on the internet was gonna keep giving me a hard time for asking a question.... I'd probably continue posting, driving this thread off just to explain that despite my inability to care about anything beyond getting my question answered, which I did, that I sincerely think you should calm down a bit.

Smash Brothers is a fun game, yes, that's something we can agree on. But you are not your user name, color, title, or post count. My low post count doesn't mean anything beyond the fact that I don't post frequently.

Seriously though, what's your goal? I ask a question and because of my low post count combined with my registration date, you automatically decide it's better to bite my head off than just answer what I ask or not post at all?

Don't even bother answering. This thread got necro'd hard core and that's my fault. I should prolly be infracted for that and this thread should probably be closed to avoid more off topic banter.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i never mentioned your low post count. i commented on your registration date being 2 years ago and how you would have to be god awful at the game to never even notice that you have to press a button a few frames before it comes out. post counts have nothing to do with a user's intelligence. look at lain. no, i judge a person mainly by how long they've been here and what questions they ask, 2 specifications that just destroy any chance you ever might of had at me seeing you as intelligent.

as for my goal, the other here know what i'm doing, but half the fun is seeing what you'll do, hence their responses thus far.

its too bad i know what the end result will be, but you go right on trying to prove me wrong. makes it even better when i'm proven right.

J4pu

Smash Champion
it's ok infamous, frozen's just mad because future is always insulting him which makes frozen cry himself to sleep every night.
speaking of which, I haven't seen him post in a while he needs to troll here more often, I find his posts moderately funny which is a nice change from dead, which is what the IC boards usually are.

also though, if you know what something is, and you can speak english adequately well, you really should be able to explain it yourself.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
i never mentioned your low post count. i commented on your registration date being 2 years ago and how you would have to be god awful at the game to never even notice that you have to press a button a few frames before it comes out. post counts have nothing to do with a user's intelligence. look at lain. no, i judge a person mainly by how long they've been here and what questions they ask, 2 specifications that just destroy any chance you ever might of had at me seeing you as intelligent.

as for my goal, the other here know what i'm doing, but half the fun is seeing what you'll do, hence their responses thus far.

its too bad i know what the end result will be, but you go right on trying to prove me wrong. makes it even better when i'm proven right.
I haven't decided if you're my favorite or least favorite poster on the IC boards.

Gah, off topic. *runs*

Sieguest

Smash Master
Seriously though, what's your goal? I ask a question and because of my low post count I get my head bitten off (other stuff)
Not to be mean, but you're assuming that he's after just because of a low post count, and that's just immature and incorrect. It's just that there are tons of threads that talk about buffering, and FrozenHobo believes that if you want basic info, that you need to look it up. While I don't condone some of his remarks, it still doesn't deny the fact that you're reacting on your emotions and saying things that are not true. Next time read before you make an accusation of someone calling you out on low post count.

I've just been super ninja'd x.x

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Man this thread is ultra fail, but frozenpoop is right as usual.

Legato, you need to chillax, son.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
By failing to learn the hobble properly I learned this in the first month I started maining IC's. Had I known it wasn't popular/widely known I would have mentioned it a few months ago : / I feel like I missed the bus.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
By failing to learn the hobble properly I learned this in the first month I started maining IC's. Had I known it wasn't popular/widely known I would have mentioned it a few months ago : / I feel like I missed the bus.
No this topic is really old. It's been known about for a long time.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I read this thread only a few days ago, hadn't it been for Legato I would never have discovered it.
But anyways, while I was messing around with this, I noticed that around 30%, most chars fall in such a position that you can Iceblock-lock while they stay right next to you and you move to the back. I knew this was possible, but can opponents DI out of it so that they get locked the opposite way?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I read this thread only a few days ago, hadn't it been for Legato I would never have discovered it.
But anyways, while I was messing around with this, I noticed that around 30%, most chars fall in such a position that you can Iceblock-lock while they stay right next to you and you move to the back. I knew this was possible, but can opponents DI out of it so that they get locked the opposite way?
Yes, they can DI to move the opposite way.

Top Bottom