• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Extremely Difficult) New Wobbling Idea

The Cape

Smash Master
So I broke the ICers down in frame by frame by trying to find a way to code in a removal of wobbling and discovered something that I found interesting. Some background:

When you grab attack or hit with jab, D tilt, F tilt, etc it puts the enemy into a state that is "CaptureDmgLw" or Hi if they are hanging off the stage. This lasts 20 frames for each character and by doing an alternation between grab attack and a tilt you are essentially reseting this state constantly.

Some move's frame data:

- Nana buffers six frames behind Popo
- F tilt: Hits frame 6 and lasts 28
- D tilt: Hits frame 8 and lasts 34
- Grab attack: Hits frame 12 and lasts 24
- Jab: Hits 4 and lasts 16 (IASA)

So essentially what I did was remove all knockback from Popo's grab attack which therefore does not set the "CaptureDmgLw" state at all, leaving all of Nana's attacks having to loop at 20 frames or less in order to create a window where you could not escape. What I found is that you can theoretically still do this with Nana's jab, and therefore this works with other wobbling methods.

So essentially:

Grab
Frame 1(-6): Popo does grab attack
Frame 6(1): Nana buffers into jab hit one
Frame 10(4): Nana jab hits, which starts the 20 frames for the Dmg state
Frame 17(11): Crouch (Nana is buffered to 23)
Frame 18(12): Release
Frame 19(13): Input Jab
Frame 24(18): Popo grab attack ends, Nana is uncrouching
Frame 25(19): Popo grab attack again and Nana jab happens

I have not broken down the math the whole way to determine how effective or how long this will happen, but this would be interesting to TAS to determine if we could figure this out. Incidentally, very hard and not needed in a normal version of smash, but still something interesting I found to share.

Last edited:
Top Bottom