• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extreme Challenges

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I've beaten a challenge introduced to me by a friend in Melee where I had to beat 3 lvl 9s (Mario, Link, Fox) on one team with handicaps on maximum while I had a minimum handicap. I accomplished this against all odds by taking advantage of computer stupidity. With Kirby, I went to the Yoshi Story stage and coaxed the CPUs to the cloud furthest to the right before floating away as the cloud disappeared so they killed themselves.

I was able to accomplish this in brawl with more difficulty by finding another place where the CPUs are prone to SD. I know its a cheap tactic, but against a challenge like this, its pretty much the only way. Try this, and you'll be able to say you've beaten 3 lvl 9s on one team with the ultimate handicap disadvantage... and you can leave out the details, lol.

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Beating a team of 3 lvl 9 Ikes, using only a self-imposed handicapped Kirby was reasonably difficult. Also note, I didn't Kirbycide, etc.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Something that's much less challenging but still fun, is to go to Super Sudden Death mode and fight 3 lvl 9s on one team. It's obviously about who gets the first hit and trying to avoid getting caught between two CPUs.

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
3 lvl 9s. 300 stamina. You, only 1 stamina. Team attack off. Norfair. Don't question it, just do it! I can't do it, but I dare you to.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I am able to beat all of the really bad recovering characters with when it is 1 v 3. All i do is plank on the edge until the jump down to attack me, then I do a Dair and they're dead. I can only do it when I'm play as Pit or Metaknight.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
3 lvl 9s. 300 stamina. You, only 1 stamina. Team attack off. Norfair. Don't question it, just do it! I can't do it, but I dare you to.
There's extreme challenges and then there is impossible challenges.

Activiating level select in sonic 3 with the 80 ms button code, thats extreme, your challenge, is just impossible.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Try using the IDC trick with Meta Knight the whole match. I'm not very good with the trick but I kept it going for about 15 seconds twice before I was hit and a couple of the CPUs had taken at least 50% from lava. I was fighting Bowser, DK, and Ganondorf as they're my favorite to fight in teams, though usually I just fight Bowser and DK lvl 9s - vs. 3 lvl 9s is usually too hard or too stupid to be fun.

Edit: Here's the best I could do....
With Meta Knight and Samus, I was able to KO one and get the other two down to around 180% a couple times and even 150% once.
With Captain Falcon I was able to KO both Ganondorf and Bowser with a lucky aerial Raptor Boost, but was jabbed upon recovering by a nearly full heath DK. I like Falcon, but I'd have to get real lucky for him to work.
Ike was able to KO one character and damage the others to about 230% and Kirby was able to damage all characters to about 250%.

These are the only characters I tried in 90 minutes of trying, and I can sense this is possible*. However, I don't have the time or patience to continue trying. Anyone who is really good with MK and alternates between tornado, IDC, and pushing the opponent out of recovery range should be able to do this. Also, a good and patient Samus that planks, camps, and spikes when the opportunity arises should do well too. Other characters have good potential, like Snake and Falco, but that's for someone else to try. I'm done with this challenge - probably indefinitely.

*its also possible that you could win the lottery on your birthday...
okay, its not THAT hard.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I have an idea for one.
Withstand Cruel Brawl for 10 or more minutes.
lol, I'm not even going to TRY that!

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
One challenge is to use Link and only use arrows, bombs and boomerang in order to complete the target tests.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
How is that a challenge? It would only make it easier. It's not like you're timed.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Then also do it in under
15 seconds on lvl 1,
20 lvl 2,
20 lvl 3,
35 lvl 4 and
30 lvl 5
Better?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I almost have no accomplishments to speak of; I rarely play 1p Mode and level nines annoy the crap out of me. :laugh:

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I still can't beat the lvl 9's (same team), it's so hard, I can't even get a hit. I am also doing it without avoiding them as to actually get all the kills myself. No SD's.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Good luck with that. The swear words always come to me when I face level nines...:laugh:

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
heres a challenge that I did with my friend.... it never ends...
- you and your friend pick olimar and use only olimar, no pikmin. The brawl is set on metal brawl with occasional items (fans) and you each have 2 stock.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Better yet not items and no pikmin just the 2 - 3 moves Olimar has that can actually damage wihtout Pikmin.

JOE!

Smash Hero
heres one:

beat 2 (hard) or 3 (extreme) pits on a team, NO TEAM ATTACK (lvl 7-9 cpus)

All characters have 150 stamina, Final Destination

Try it

Top Bottom