• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extracting SSBB

snakeman5001

Smash Rookie
There may already be a thread on this, but I'm going for it anyway. I was wondering how to extract a copy of Brawl to use it on Dolphin. I obviously need a copy of Brawl and a Wii, but what else? I've been really want to get into texture and ROM hacking lately, but I have no idea where to start. I also want to be able to play the Japanese version of Brawl as well if that's possible via Dolphin. Thanks!

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
You also need a USB that's compatible with the Wii, and an SD card, I believe, for installing the software on the Wii to do the extraction; for example, the one I used, I forget the name of the extraction program I used, but it was a homebrew application, so I used an SD card to install the Homebrew Channel, then I installed the program on the sd card and ran it from the Homebrew Channel, and it extracted the ISO onto the USB. I've not tried it yet, but allegedly, USB Loader GX can be used to extract ISOs, and it's supposedly really good at it.

As for texture/ROM hacking, on the Wii, there's Riiovlution, Gecko, Project M, etc. For Dolphin, you can use WiiScrubber for replacing files, but there are also versions of Gecko for Dolphin, as well

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
You also need a USB that's compatible with the Wii, and an SD card, I believe, for installing the software on the Wii to do the extraction

As for texture/ROM hacking, on the Wii, there's Riiovlution, Gecko, Project M, etc. For Dolphin, you can use WiiScrubber for replacing files, but there are also versions of Gecko for Dolphin, as well
USB Loader GX and CleanRip can do the job, but remember you will need an 8GB SD Card or USB Drive.

Gecko works identically on Wii and on Dolphin ever since Dolphin 4.0.2, so there's no need to get a Dolphin-specific version anymore.

Top Bottom