• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Pi

Smash Hero
Think I'm gonna start experimenting with bomb OoS
I imagine it would be less risky than UB OoS in some situations

And I'm wondering if I could manage to get 3 bombs to explode on a persons shield if they were on a platform above me, then maybe follow it up with a dair, seems like at the very least you're getting a bomb, and at most a dair cause after 3 hits from bombs the shield aint gonna protect em from a dair, and if the bomb hits you might be able to follow up with a nair, if you react quick enough.

O I also found that if people keep spot dodging when you rush at them you could rush at them and drop a bomb or two

Rat

Smash Lord
I've played around with Bomb OoS. imo it's not good.

Bomb comes out on frame 10, so that's frame 14 before you get any sort of hitbox.
UpB has a greater range than bomb, so yeah, they have to be even more in the center of your shield.
The 40 or so frames of lag (unless you bomb jump) sort of is a problem.

I wish bombs came out frame 1 =(.

If you can get it to work plz inform. It seems like a neat thing.

Watty

Smash Lord
bomb outta shield is terirble. i love the enthusiasm but ppl realise this game has been around for years unless its ground breaking its prolly been tried. thats why we only up b outta shiled its casue through time and time we know it works

TresChikon

Smash Lord
For the sake of mindgames, yes bombs OoS can be helpful for variety, but for breaking pressure, not really. Kind of like Falcon Dive OoS, unorthodox, but nice if it works.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I do think it can work decently if you wavedash backwards OoS a lot. Then when they approach you bomb OoS instead (before they get to you).

You could also do it by using your shield to stop momentum and immediately bomb OoS to have the mini Samus jump thing for strategy purposes.

It's just not very practical for breaking shield pressure because it doesn't protect Samus well enough to prevent you from getting hit when you do it.

Pi

Smash Hero
I do think it can work decently if you wavedash backwards OoS a lot. Then when they approach you bomb OoS instead (before they get to you).

You could also do it by using your shield to stop momentum and immediately bomb OoS to have the mini Samus jump thing for strategy purposes.

It's just not very practical for breaking shield pressure because it doesn't protect Samus well enough to prevent you from getting hit when you do it.
That's pretty much the situation I was thinking of because I play a falco who forces me to shield a lot, and I find myself wavedashing back when he approaches.

I'm also thinking maybe low %'s, if you can pull it off fast enough to punish smash attacks? Then you wouldn't have to risk UB'ing and getting hit on the way down, if you can get the bomb to explode on the person it could throw em off, and you're most likely gonna get away without getting hit.

I'll definitely mess around with it. Bombs are too good lol
They must be really annoying for the opponents though haha

It's definitely situational if anything
I would juss really like some other options OoS than UB as far as offense goes

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
You know what's a big problem?

In every thread or forum, there is a buttload of information that is useful, but is forgotten over time because of more posts/threads. This whole time I have wondered why someone has not taken the initiative to create a compendium of specific things that people have found out. Basically a thread or something to end all threads in its amount of random information. By now, it seems silly though, since so many years have gone by with uncollected information...

/going off-topic

I just want to play safe
You guys and your creative things

TresChikon

Smash Lord
That's why it pays off to be a packrat and dig through all of the old stuff to find extremely helpful things for yourself.

Hail the search function.

Btw, is your avatar from that Doug show from Nickelodeon like 10 years ago?

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Yeah...but that's a lot of reading lol...going through every thread...every post...lol

the search function is irrelevant because I'm talking about things you don't know about

I guess I have time hahaha

and yes

skeeter

Pi

Smash Hero
So um
I think bombs are a good way to shield pressure opponents when they're on platforms
You can jump up & lay like 3 on their shield
and chances are the 3rd one is gonna hit without question
and their shield is gonna be ****ed so if you dair them after and they still shielding you prolly gonna get da hit
and if they try to spotdodge the bomb gonna hit em any way
also make sure you're being efficient when you're tech chasing
always try to tech chase w/ something that combo's ;|
I find myself using nair/uair too much when I could be using dair and following up instead

Pi

Smash Hero
aren't bombs kinda slow as an alternative?
wat?
I mean like, if they're on a platform above you, and you know they're gonna shield/spot dodge
Jump up and lay bombs, if they spot dodge they get hit by the bomb
if they shield
the bomb explodes, and you can lay like 2 more (both exploding)

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
what if they shield drop :\

i know you mean on a platform above

i guess if they let you then yeah...

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
you poke at their shield with an upair

not upairing in front of them obviously because you might get punished

if you do it right and you end the poking with the bottom of their shield (feet), if they're not tilting the shield down or have a good shield, it should hit them with the last hit of the upair

guys, guys:

would be better if it had samus, but it's still awesome:

http://music.todaysbigthing.com/2009/08/12

also, new kraid ocremix this morning:

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01890/

it's kind of orchestral in nature, it's actually pretty sweet, reminds me of beckett007's stuff in terms of style but with a lot less 'batman epicness' styled drums and stuff. there's a part in the end that reminds me of jet force gemini a lot, where the strings start doing this arpeggio thing. it's actually a pretty cool remix.

Pi

Smash Hero
Lol wow
I juss tried sliding my finger over Y then X for the double jump missile cancel on platforms
Reaaaallly easy way to do it
If anyone wasn't able to get it consistently
there you go
previously I had been doing UP on joystick + X
But this is juss so much easier

Pi

Smash Hero
So...today I was 2 stocking the jiggs that was 2 stocking me few days ago
You have be on your game SO HARD to fight jiggs, holy ****
You take every spec of damage you can get
They mispace something on your shield, they better eat a UB or a nair
Whenever you've got nothin better to do, you be shootin missiles or chargin your shot
And you don't waste that thing! hell no! You wait for them to attack like a ***** *** jiggs will and you blow her the **** up

Also

is...
FH homing
DJ power
then another power before you land possible?
I'm gettin it pretty close

Watty

Smash Lord
first kniht i hate the way u type lol its like a poem.

2nd, that is totally not a good idea, ur using both jumps, the homing is easy to get around leaving u defenseless, and the super missile is so high in the air that it wont hit anything but maybe a shy guy on YS

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
lol

watty i think he's more concerned with CAN HE DO IT than is it useful
this is a florida samus you're talking to

first kniht i hate the way u type lol its like a poem.

2nd, that is totally not a good idea, ur using both jumps, the homing is easy to get around leaving u defenseless, and the super missile is so high in the air that it wont hit anything but maybe a shy guy on YS
basically what I was going to say. better to do a missile-canceled homing missile or something.

Pi

Smash Hero
Na na

I'm thinking of this as an edgeguard
LIke if you hit a guy to the top left/right of the screen and they're gonna recover

The initial homing will lock onto em and the 2 powers will cover two options

and lol sowwie watty T.T <3

Pi

Smash Hero
edgeguard what
wat

like a marth or a falcon or something
someone w/o float/multiple jumps
try it and see how it looks
run and FH homing missile (run cause it's easy to do a fh homing close to frame perfect)
then dj a smash missile
then imagine another smash missile before you land
covers a lot of area in prime recovering territory

nvm
imagine nothin *****s
I did it!
**** that was awesome
time to apply!
lol.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Were you able to successfully use it against an enemy? or just by itself?

I'm having a hard time imagining it as practical.

Pi

Smash Hero
na I juss did it once
but like
Say you juss Fsmashed a marth or something and put him in the top left of the screen
you run over to the left side of the stage, jump like 3/4ths the way there into this thing
meanwhile the marth is commin down
now he's got a homing missile and two power missiles commin his way
it's ****in hard as balls to do
or maybe i juss don't know the timing for jump after fh homing
it juss sends a lot of **** out there where the marth would be recovering or anybody

it's not gonna change the samus metagame or nothing
and you'd probably be able to apply about as much pressure with much easier missile techniques
but i was juss wonderin if it was possible n i did it so now i'm happy lol

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i see

well yeah it's a lot of missiles

but even then lol i'm not sure the first missile would be of any use anyways

you florida samuses

Watty

Smash Lord
god ****it why do ppl never listen. its a cool thing to do for ****s and giggles like a tripple missile, BUT it will not raise the level of ur game, thats the problem with samus players she has so many tricks u wanna use em all and u can see how to use diffrent ones, BUT that doesn't mean there all good.

samus players who are a bag of tricks dont go far cause ppl learn the tricks. It sucks but if u wanna imrpove and move cool and do some neat stuff, i suggest watching vids of IHSB and Alukards samus.

Pi

Smash Hero
Chilll doooods
I'm juss playin around
I stopped bein about spammin attacks and SWD when I got punished for doing stupid ****
Although I still think this triple missile thing could be an effective edgeguard I was juss bein sarcastic about it changing ****
thought that was obvious

Watty

Smash Lord
im not saying it specifically to u kniht, just samus players in general seem to 1 do all the tricks. I am nto saying every1 wants to strive to be the best they just may wanna have fun but i cant have fun doing something unless i feel as if i improve at it. I also like wanting to be the best.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
some get over it, some don't

the ones that deserve to, will get better...maybe

it's just a mentality they'll eventually have to learn if they do wanna get awesome like you

Pi

Smash Hero
im not saying it specifically to u kniht, just samus players in general seem to 1 do all the tricks. I am nto saying every1 wants to strive to be the best they just may wanna have fun but i cant have fun doing something unless i feel as if i improve at it. I also like wanting to be the best.
o okay
na I understand
I use to be that way
samus has a lot of tricks to learn and you can be fooled into think that being able to do them will make you good
but she's juss not spose to be played all fancy
she takes a lot of thought, you can't throw out attacks that are gonna get you punished
can't worry about doing stupid ****, need to worry about gettin your hits in and not gettin hit yourself

Top Bottom