• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, that and it's harder to use since you have to press A and unlock it with the button press combo. Though, honestly, if you are limiting your options because something is 'hard,' you're playing the wrong game.

Smash Journeyman
but Duck, who you beat, didn't get wrecked at Big House

what's up with that huh :^)

good **** Duck

Last edited:

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
yeah **** doesnt make any sense to me either

duck2good. his set vs ice had me depressed

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
yeah **** doesnt make any sense to me either

duck2good. his set vs ice had me depressed
or minty just got amazing at the ditto from playing netplay with me sooo much ;p
(No minty I am not trying to take anything away from you just to clarify because you seem to mistake teasing from outright slander every time I attempt, good **** for beating duck)

Last edited:

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
I think it was more from playing Knut every other week, but yeah lol. dat brawl **** carries me in floatie MUs

Litt

Samus
I think it was more from playing Knut every other week, but yeah lol. dat brawl **** carries me in floatie MUs
Hmm interesting but you were still losing the ditto to me I guess it must have been the variety of high level samus play on top of that brawl meta

Corigames

Smash Hero
A Hax dash would get you to touch stage and back to the ledge while invincible.
Doing an AI (4 frames for auto cancel) and then WDing back (4 frames of jumpsquat + any frames sliding back to the ledge) would take more time than just WDing back to begin with. Doing an AI is a way to be on stage with actionable invincibility frames which normally isn't possible for her. To use it as a way to get back to the ledge is not only unnecessarily difficult, but also more vulnerable.

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
Ya why would an extra AI followed by another 3 frames of jump squat be any faster than just doing WD back

Litt

Samus
Ya why would an extra AI followed by another 3 frames of jump squat be any faster than just doing WD back
Because... "Those are the type of thoughts you should keep to yourself, or phrase in the form of a question... because you are wrong" It may be more useful if mastered because you are going from actionable state to refresh invins to actionable state with invins at any time you can choose to grab, fsmash, dsmash, jab ect with full invins :/ so i mean its a great/perfect option but not realistic

tauKhan

Smash Lord
It could be, because AI shifts samus's base position upwards a bit when it happens in a way that doesn't happen with RLD. I don't know if it's faster though. Anyway the speed is kind of irrelevant, since disabled ledge grab period means you can still grab ledge only exactly fast enough that you'll stay invincible if you released ledge fp.

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it theoretically safer? If you miss the hax dash you could airdodge against the side of the stage and die (except for battlefield and FoD). At least with AI if you screw up you will be on stage and get to try again given you don't get fsmashed and die or something.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
You sami can cheat and grapple beam back to ledge when you miss RLD, can't you? You'll often get punished for missed AI. I'd say AI is safer if you've used the grapple beam already, but given that RLD refreshes it, that won't be the case very often.

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
We can BUT if you airdodge too close to the wall you wiff and die. Plus sometimes it will miss the sweetspot and samus is a lovely floaty target for like 2 seconds. Although this is all pointless to talk about because 100% invincible AI wavedash back on ledge is like.. 3 Frame perfect inputs.. That's 1 more than rocketdash/boostball/aeiralSWD/goomything

Smash Journeyman
if you airdodge too close to the wall you can still sweetspot grapple and live

anyway I think the point is that 100% invincible reverse ledgedash is just easier and doesn't get you back to the ledge any slower than AI -> wd back would (because you can only regrab the ledge every 38 frames or w/e)

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Because... "Those are the type of thoughts you should keep to yourself, or phrase in the form of a question... because you are wrong" It may be more useful if mastered because you are going from actionable state to refresh invins to actionable state with invins at any time you can choose to grab, fsmash, dsmash, jab ect with full invins :/ so i mean its a great/perfect option but not realistic
Yeah, this is the only reason I really use it to be honest. Being able to AI onto the stage and then wavedashing back, and then repeating, with full invincibility, is godlike. So many mix ups

Litt

Samus
Yeah, this is the only reason I really use it to be honest. Being able to AI onto the stage and then wavedashing back, and then repeating, with full invincibility, is godlike. So many mix ups
You are saying an option where you can be on the ledge and on stage invincibly at all times is a god like option? Thanks minty for explaining that!

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Hey Barbie,

$100 mm? Loser can never play Blue Samus ever again in tournament.

If you don't accept stop ****ing talking to me in such a condescending / trolling manner. I hate acknowledging your existence, whenever you say something to me it always has extremely negative / toxic undertones. I don't know why you get such a hard on being a **** to me but it's getting old dude.

Btw your Samus is literally garbage, kill yourself

Barbie sucks

Last edited by a moderator:

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
I have a crackpot theory that Marth is decent with Samus. Traditionally it would be Puff and Fox though.

Corigames

Smash Hero
20XX has 1p inputs to control 2p using the Dpad.

I use the Dpad to activate extender.

I think I've ****ed up some people in bracket because of this.

Thoughts?

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
You can disable the dpad inputs in debug mode. If you ever play on a 20XX setup, make sure to turn them off before the set starts.

HopE_eX

Scholar
At a local the other day, a discussion came up about Samus' grapple: specifically, her extender. We wondered if it would be optimal to always (when attmpting to grab) do the input for the extender? As opposed to, for example, setting up the extender while Samus is invincible, or she is otherwise uninterested in grabbing.

Thanks in advance!

Corigames

Smash Hero
"We wondered if it would be optimal to always (when attempting to grab) do the input for the extender?"
If (ask == "me")
answer = yes;
else
answer = no;

1. There's no point in getting the extender if you don't use it. If you're going to go through the trouble of training yourself to have it, you better make sure you aren't going to miss it or forget about it.
2. If you do the grab and mash the extender combo at worst you'll grab them and do a pummel or two. There's really not a reason not to if you just train the impulse to go for it. However, I tend to recover well enough that I get killed from stage, meaning I can extender unlock from the respawn platform. Also, sometimes/some MUs it's better to get an extender than a CS.

HopE_eX

Scholar
Is not unlocking from the platform (and/or in place of a charge shot) strictly worse than on-command when one intends to use it?
Reasoning:
a. The opponent becomes aware it may be unlocked,
b. One necessarily loses options in taking advantage of one's invulnerability / time spent charging,
and
c. It covers more options than Samus' regular grab.

Regarding technical barriers, it seems comparatively easier than other characters' specific tools which are done consistently.

Top Bottom