• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXPosure 8 feat M2K, Kels, Tink, Darkatma and more

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Project M Singles (90 Entrants)- http://challonge.com/EXP8_PM_Singles

1) CT|EMP|Mew2King
2) WCS| Oro?!
3) Kels
4) Darkatma (Illumina)
5) Lazarond
5) Plasma
7) Double
7) Scythe
9) Kirk
9) KirkQ
9) Ripple
9) Kappy
13) Rat
13) Sveet
13) Delicious Octorok
13) FCC|Sago
17) Tink
17) 5-1
17) Arty
17) ORLY
17) DLA
17) JPal
17) EXP|HarryTheChin
17) Cookiemonsta
25) DoctorX
25) Kaysick
25) Norm
25) Rizner
25) EXP|CaptainFaceroll
25) Zwarm
25) ITALIAN N1NJA
25) ****|Shion

Melee Singles (87 Entrants)- http://challonge.com/EXP8_Melee_Singles

1) CT|EMP|Mew2King
2) Darkatma (Illumina)
3) Tink
4) Kels
5) ORLY
5) Black Panther
7) FCC|Sago
7) Scythe
9) Cookiemonsta
9) Hore
9) Bieber
9) PsuedoTurtle
13) John
13) TDC (Alcheato)
13) Hindawg (Honkey)
13) Arty
17) Sveet
17) Hart
17) Young Dan
17) Mars
17) DFU
17) DoctorX
17) Sempai
17) Snex
25) Rat
25) 5-1
25) Ten
25) DJK
25) Jumb0
25) B Lit
25) Gooeybanana
25) EXP|CaptainFaceroll

Project M Doubles- http://challonge.com/EXP8_PM_Doubles

Melee Doubles- http://challonge.com/EXP8_Melee_Doubles

I will update everything later. Payouts, pools, doubles, and smashboards rankings stuff inc

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Oh yeah. I want to give excessive shoutouts to the dudes that traveled very far like MO and OH. Hopefully soon we are able to move to a larger more accommodating venue and you can all return for hopefully a bigger and better event. It was a terribly long day but we did what we could with what little room we had and 130+ people crowding around. Hopefully next time we get even more local, WI, IN, MI, and IO representation as well.

Thanks again everyone for coming out and making this a hopefully awesome event for everyone.

kirkq

Smash Ace
I lost to M2k and darkatma and got 9th in PM boo. Let me at that Kels next time. I am happy with how I played though. I definitely need to put in some practice if I want results in the future.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I want everyone to take notice that Plasma AND Double beat me in pools AND knocked out Kirk in Bracket.

Huge props to how much they have improved

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Shoutouts to Cookiemonsta for losing to Atma & Kels and getting 9th.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
No WCS | Zwarm? I am sad

On a serious note, this tournament was legit, and I'm fairly happy with how I did. I'll probably do shout outs later, but for now I need to sleep

Last edited:

SwagTrain

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
This tournament was a blast. I finally broke my 13th place curse; now it's time to get to top 5 and take some names. LOL.

Shouts out to everyone I played and to Plasma and Double for coming out of nowhere and beating Ripple and Kirk! I wish I could've seen those matches.

#swag

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
pshhhhhhhh, i wont let that title go to him, after me gift wrapping him GFs ://....i think i suicided like, 4 times in 2 games -_-....130am johns are very real for an old man like me 0_0.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Really sad I had to leave early from bracket, I wasn't even in losers yet :(

snex

Smash Master
EXP6 - didnt make it out of pools
EXP7 - made it out of pools but went 2 and out
EXP8 - made it out of pools, go 1 and 2

hope you guys are taking notes, cuz i am.

Last edited:

darkatma

Smash Hero
GGs to everyone I played! Darkfoxma is almost ready for a national :p (He's mainly to kill Hbox though)

I feel like shoutouts have become more archaic because everyone sees each other more often now with so many tournies, but since I don't get to see most of you that often, I'm doing full shoutouts! Yay :p

Shoutouts:
PM players: Nice meeting you all. The Chicago scene is definitely one of the top 3 PM regions in the world! The average talent in PM is so high here, and everyone I played was a huge challenge.

Laz: It was nice meeting you! Crazy that you got good so fast :p Keep getting better and repping that amazing link of yours. It's also hard to play seriously against you when you're having so much fun hehe.

Rat: Off day for you, you'll be back in business for the next tourney I'm sure :p Great seeing you again, work on dat Fox for melee too! He's just as fun as Wolf imo.

Ripple: Heartbreaking losses for you, it was hard to watch. I'm sure you'll do even better next time though.

Plasma: Nice meeting you again, your Lucas is crazy and I had no idea what was going on the whole time I was playing you :p Lets play again sometime soon! Maybe you can teach me some Lucas tricks.

Oro: I wasn't cheering against you for PM singles, I just forgot there was still someone between m2k and kels :p Amazing job getting 2nd in PM btw, I gotta go back and watch some of your matches. Lets play next time I'm in town.

Scythe: Good seeing you again, we didn't really get to play either sadly. Next time!

DLA: Sucks you had to leave early. Let me get much further in bracket as a result :p We'll match up in bracket next time, hopefully in time for me to learn about diddy :p

Double: wooo close matches! I had no idea what was going on for 75% of both matches. Gotta learn the Lucario matchup, that thing is a monster

Shion: Nice meeting you, you seem like a fairly chill/cool dude. I believe what they say about "Shion is God" now :p

Melee Players: Great seeing all of you oldies again, and it was nice meeting a bunch of new peeps as well! PM is great fun but I'll always feel more at home playing melee <3

Orly: Thanks for teaming with me. We had some good theories but poor execution in some of our gameplay. We'll getem next time though! Good stuff with taking a game off Kelly again, and getting 5th, though you did have that Kelly free winner's bracket :p You probably would've placed just as high regardless though.

Tink: I got the most nervous in our WS set in the whole tourney. In all of PM I had my mental game there because I thought of myself as the more seasoned player, but I got pretty scared of dat old school magic in melee :p I'd like a rematch for my fox sometime soon, because I am certain I can take your marth when I'm playing unscared. Of course, I'd be just as happy if you whooped me next time we play, because that would mean Tink is back :p You have a lot of smart play and good habits that crush many of my bad habits, so I look forward to playing you again when you get some tech skill back.

Kelly: GGs once again, it's always a pleasure playing with you and against you. I hope you get some of the fire back, and I wanna chat sometime about improving your fox play. We're training up for nationals as a region this time :p Also helping you get better at melee will help me get better in the long run, even if it means losing a couple times more. We'll be ready the next time m2k comes around hehe.

Ten: Good seeing you as well Lauren! I feel like you are at the cusp of becoming really good. Just need to get that click, and everything will make sense and you'll dominate the region :p You're already one of the best girl smashers, but don't let that stop you from becoming one of the best smashers period. Also don't be afraid to CP for lame matchups (but fox vs samus sucks :p). See you next tourney!

Biebs: Free once again =[ You gotta stop declaring the day as an off day, and just nut up and win everything. I still need puff practice so I can whoop Hbox next time, so stick around.

Hart: Gotta work on solid anti jank with your falco. Jank being characters like ganon, luigi, peach, etc. Figure out solid things that put you in safety and threaten the opponent at the same time. I know you can do it! Boston's a good place to be right now because everyone is terrible, so it'll be easy to move upwards.

Cookiemonsta: Solid play at this tourney, but I know you can do even better. I'm glad you beat Sveet and Arty, and you had good matches with me and kelly as well. Push yourself towards those big upsets!

Black Panther: Good seeing you around Rashad. Hope to see you at more stuff! Sorry you had to wait so long for your matches :p Hope to play you more in the future as well, and I hope you keep placing super well, because I know you put lots of work into the game and I like seeing it pay off <3

Sempai: Thanks for champing the drive back with me. It was great getting to know you better too. We'll work on your marf and sheik so you'll become a big threat come next tourney. Wish you lived closer so we could train up more, def need more people who are self motivated to get good at the game.

Melee peeps who got boned because of bracket shenanigans: Sorry!

Bobby EXP Gray: Thanks for hosting, fun tourney, we look forward to the next big one!

Last edited:

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Atma I want some Melee matches as well. I had been putting in arguably more work in Melee than PM recently but didn't enter due to time constraints of running the stream. I felt like I could've gotten 5th if I entered, but that really isn't good enough in my eyes. Gimme dat Sheik training.

Sago

Smash Lord
I just wana say good **** to everyone i played. Everyone who made it out and ect.
Hindawg-nice teaming with you.
Beiber-why :(
Double- you murdered me!!!!!! straight up in cold blood with a rusty spoon. Massive shoutout to your improvement, i figured lucario's moveset out way way way too late.

Plasma

Smash Cadet
Thanks for all the shoutout guys! And it was nice meeting everyone again! EXP 8 was amazing and I'm already hype for EXP 9 lol.

Darkatma, yeah we'll definitely play again next time we're at a tourney. Sucks we played so early in the bracket, you tore through losers like it was nothing.

Can't wait to see myself get bodied by m2k on youtube.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
It was my first EXP monthly event, I'm just happy I made it out of pools and took a game off KirkQ.
Got screwed in bracket though. :(

metroid1117

Smash Master
Who's Double? He took out Ripple in pools, HarrytheChin, Cookiemonsta, Sago, AND Kirk?? o_0

Chicago PM getting too good, can't wait to play with you guys when I get back home for the summer. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up and not get horridly exposed :p.

Last edited:

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Who's Double? He took out Ripple in pools, HarrytheChin, Cookiemonsta, Sago, AND Kirk?? o_0

Chicago PM getting too good, can't wait to play with you guys when I get back home for the summer. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up and not get horridly exposed :p.
He's a monster Lucario player. You might wanna avoid playing em if you value life.

Top Bottom