• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Expecting another character? TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME!" (Thread Repurposed as a Waluigi Social)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra_

Smash Cadet
Tbh I understand your point if Waluigi becomes a character which would be cool

I must say that Skull Kid might also make an interesting character

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Glad we got that settled quickly.

Sure, most of the Assist Trophies from Brawl remained Assist Trophies in Smash 4, but lets be honest here, we knew eventually a character being promoted to a playable character from an Assist Trophy had a chance to happen sometime. If it's happened before, it can happen again.

Be sure to doublecheck the support list though. This has been up for quite some time. If I missed anyone who wanted to be added, please let me know, and I'll add you as soon as possible.

Astra_

Smash Cadet
To add on to my previous post

Waluigi would have to have a new move set
My suggestion
Grab Downward throw= Grounds the character (like Lucas's downward grab)
Other grabs= knocks player back
Neutral B= Uses tennis racket to hit tennis ball
Side B= Deploy Waluigi Racer (Waluigi Racer does same thing as Wario's bike
Down B= Burp (Same thing as Wario's fart attack)
Up B= Tennis Racket (Giant tennis racket that makes him go up much like pac-man's Up B)

D

Deleted member

.............WHY would Waluigi have a burp attack?

That literally makes no sense. Wario's the gassy slob, not Waluigi.

Astra_

Smash Cadet
Idk I'm not a Mario fan tbh I play the games but I don't go into detail

That was just my suggestion btw

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
To add on to my previous post

Waluigi would have to have a new move set
My suggestion
Grab Downward throw= Grounds the character (like Lucas's downward grab)
Other grabs= knocks player back
Neutral B= Uses tennis racket to hit tennis ball
Side B= Deploy Waluigi Racer (Waluigi Racer does same thing as Wario's bike
Down B= Burp (Same thing as Wario's fart attack)
Up B= Tennis Racket (Giant tennis racket that makes him go up much like pac-man's Up B)
Neutral B move looks good, but wouldn't you think he might also use it to reflet projectiles?
Side B looks good too, but theres gotta be some physical difference from the Wario Bike. Is it faster? Is it less damaging?
Up B = Are you talking about a net of sorts like Mr Game and Watch's recovery move?
Down B = I'm........ not going to judge you on this.

Astra_

Smash Cadet
Neutral B move looks good, but wouldn't you think he might also use it to reflet projectiles?
Side B looks good too, but theres gotta be some physical difference from the Wario Bike. Is it faster? Is it less damaging?
Up B = Are you talking about a net of sorts like Mr Game and Watch's recovery move?
Down B = I'm........ not going to judge you on this.
The Kart would be slower but more damage and yes im talking about the PAC-man/game & watch up B
Down B= Counter/blocks projectiles

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Moveset
General Info

My design for Waluigi is largely meant to cover many of the spin-off games in the Mario series while also being a parallel to :4wario2: and still still sharing some similarities to :4mario::4luigi: while putting his own spin on things.

Waluigi's weight class is similar to Wario's. His longs limbs give him good range on his attacks and he has fair strength, though still weaker than Wario. His height and wide stance make him a large target, and as a result he's fairly easy to combo. Even when crouched, he cannot duck under any attacks. His speed is somewhat average, though his long legs allow him to cover distance faster than the Mario Bros. Also as expected of his powerful legs, he has a high first jump similar to :4falco:. He also has 3 additional midair jumps, accomplished via his bizarre ability to swim through the air. He doesn't gain much height off these however and his air speed/mobility isn't the best despite his recovery capabilities being superb.
Neutral Jab - Two punches similar to :4wario:
Forward Tilt - A reverse roundhouse kick similar to :4luigi:
Up Tilt - An axe kick similar to :4samus::4falcon:

Down Tilt - Waluigi sticks his leg out to trip the opponent. This of course, trips opponents.

Dash Attack - Waluigi dives forward, a baseball glove appearing on his hand. He slides forward a bit after hitting the ground. The glove can stop weak projectiles like :4mario::4luigi: Fireballs and:4fox::4falco: lasers. Leaves him wide open if he whiffs however. Meant to reference Mario Superstar Baseball/Super Sluggers as you might have guessed.

Forward Smash - Waluigi delivers a powerful swing with his racquet. Based on his attack as an assist trophy, and by extension Mario Tennis. If timed right, this can reflect projectiles similar to :4ness: & :4lucas:'s F-Smash.

Up Smash - An arcing headbutt similar to :4mario::4luigi::4wario2:. Unlike their headbutts however, Waluigi's is reversed starting from the front, and swinging his head backwards. At full swing, he bends his body into the upside down L shape.

Down Smash - A break dance maneuver similar to, but not the same as those of :4mario::4luigi::4wario2:. His in particular is meant as a loose reference to DDR Mario Mix.

Neutral Air - Spins in the air, dealing multiple hits. Based on his blocking maneuver in Mario Sports Mix. And by pure coincidence, this also works as a nice parallel to :4wario2:'s NAIR.

Forward Air - Falls onto his back and kicks forward with both legs at the same time. Based on the Drop Rocket, his Super Strike from Super Mario Strikers.

Back Air - Bends backwards, dunking opponents with his arms. A meteor smash based on his reverse dunk from Basketball in Mario Sports Mix.
Up Air - A flip kick similar to :4mario::4luigi:. Waluigi however performs a forward flip instead, the kick starting from the back and arcing forward.

Down Air - Waluigi performs a flurry of downward stomps. Based on his attack as an assist trophy.

Grab - Standard grab similar to :4mario::4luigi::4wario2: and pretty much that of most other characters.

Pummel - Headbutts the opponent like :4mario::4luigi:
Forward Throw - Forces the opponent into a ball shape similar to that of :4gaw:'s throws. Waluigi then performs a tennis serve, hitting the opponent away with his racquet.
Back Throw - A spinning throw similar to :4mario::4luigi::4wario2:
Up Throw - Forces the opponent into a ball shape similar to that of :4gaw:'s throws. Waluigi then performs a jump shot (like in basketball) to throw the opponent. Based on Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Sports Mix.

Down Throw - Waluigi tosses the opponent onto the ground and stomps on them repeatedly. Based on his attack as an assist trophy.

Neutral Special: Waluigi Tennis - Similar in function to :4wiifit:'s Header. Waluigi tosses a tennis ball upward by pressing :GCB:, hitting :GCB: again will have Waluigi swing his tennis racquet, sending the ball flying as a projectile attack. Opponents who are close enough to Waluigi will also take a hit from the tennis racquet. Players can stall and let the tennis ball hit the ground first, then hit it away with a different attack like F-Smash. Just be careful as it can be hit back at Waluigi.

Side Special: Waluigi Kart - Waluigi hops into the standard kart (colored purple like Waluigi of course) and drives into opponents. Functions like a hybrid of :4wario:'s Wario Bike and :4bowserjr:'s Klown Kart Dash. Waluigi can jump out at anytime, but the kart does not stop, instead continuing on it's course until it falls off the stage. Waluigi can also be knocked out of the kart, similar to the Wario Bike. The hit will cause the kart to spin in place before coming to stop like when hit by an item in Mario Kart. The kart cannot be picked up and thrown as an item however and disappears much sooner than the Wario Bike. Air OK like the Wario Bike as well.

Up Special: Whirluigi - Waluigi will spin rapidly like a cyclone and rise into the air. Mash :GCB: for more horizontal distance. Based on his technique of the same name from Mario Power Tennis and is meant to parallel the Luigi Cyclone. Instead of a Down Special, it's an Up Special. And instead of being able to cover a lot of horizontal distance quickly, it covers vertical distance quickly. Mash B for horizontal movement vs mashing B for vertical movement with the Luigi Cyclone. Etc., etc., you get the idea.
Down Special: Waluigi Party - A dice block appears above Waluigi and begins spinning. Hitting :GCD::GCB: again will have Waluigi jump up to hit the block and stop it. After a few seconds, the die will stop on it's own if Waluigi does not hit it.

The number he rolls, 1-6, will be added to to the power of his next Smash attack. So for example; uncharged F-Smash does 13%, he rolls a 4, add 4% to the damage output for total of 17%. He can stack up to two dice rolls with a range of 2%-12% that can be added to his Smash attacks.

The dice will displayed above his Battle Portrait so players can keep track of their rolls. Waluigi can also re-roll by discarding his current dice via taunting.

Final Smash: Haven't thought of a name :p - A close range attack where Waluigi will stun opponents. Characters caught by the attack will be the only ones affected. While everyone is stunned, Waluigi will jump from the stage onto the game's HUD and stomp on the percentages of his opponents, racking up lots of damage. He will then pull out a Bob-omb and throw it back onto the stage, hitting the stunned characters and launching them. Waluigi will laugh his trademark "WAAAHAHA" and jump back onto the stage.

Costumes

00- Default Purple. WA!
01- Mario Red
02- Luigi Green
03- Wario Yellow
04- Foreman Spike Brown
05- Bob-omb Black
06- Non-reference/Smash original White
07- Darker purple/solid black aka Classic Waluigi

EDIT: Forgot a Blue Team color, swap that in for 07 I guess, or merge them into a Blue/White costume.

Illustrated version coming maybe, no promises though. Been sitting on ideas like this for him and other characters like Daisy, Ganon and Incineroar for a while though, so I thought I'd finally type them out at least.
Thoughts? Critiques? WA?!

Last edited:

Astra_

Smash Cadet
Moveset
General Info

My design for Waluigi is largely meant to cover many of the spin-off games in the Mario series while also being a parallel to :4wario2: and still still sharing some similarities to :4mario::4luigi: while putting his own spin on things.

Waluigi's weight class is similar to Wario's. His longs limbs give him good range on his attacks and he has fair strength, though still weaker than Wario. His height and wide stance make him a large target, and as a result he's fairly easy to combo. Even when crouched, he cannot duck under any attacks. His speed is somewhat average, though his long legs allow him to cover distance faster than the Mario Bros. Also as expected of his powerful legs, he has a high first jump similar to :4falco:. He also has 3 additional midair jumps, accomplished via his bizarre ability to swim through the air. He doesn't gain much height off these however and his air speed/mobility isn't the best despite his recovery capabilities being superb.

Down Tilt - Waluigi sticks his leg out to trip the opponent. This of course, trips opponents.

Dash Attack - Waluigi dives forward, a baseball glove appearing on his hand. He slides forward a bit after hitting the ground. The glove can stop weak projectiles like :4mario::4luigi: Fireballs and:4fox::4falco: lasers. Leaves him wide open if he whiffs however. Meant to reference Mario Superstar Baseball/Super Sluggers as you might have guessed.

Forward Smash - Waluigi delivers a powerful swing with his racquet. Based on his attack as an assist trophy, and by extension Mario Tennis. If timed right, this can reflect projectiles similar to :4ness: & :4lucas:'s F-Smash.

Up Smash - An arcing headbutt similar to :4mario::4luigi::4wario2:. Unlike their headbutts however, Waluigi's is reversed starting from the front, and swinging his head backwards. At full swing, he bends his body into the upside down L shape.

Down Smash - A break dance maneuver similar to, but not the same as those of :4mario::4luigi::4wario2:. His in particular is meant as a loose reference to DDR Mario Mix.

Neutral Air - Spins in the air, dealing multiple hits. Based on his blocking maneuver in Mario Sports Mix. And by pure coincidence, this also works as a nice parallel to :4wario2:'s NAIR.

Forward Air - Falls onto his back and kicks forward with both legs at the same time. Based on the Drop Rocket, his Super Strike from Super Mario Strikers.

Back Air - Bends backwards, dunking opponents with his arms. A meteor smash based on his reverse dunk from Basketball in Mario Sports Mix.
Up Air - A flip kick similar to :4mario::4luigi:. Waluigi however performs a forward flip instead, the kick starting from the back and arcing forward.

Down Air - Waluigi performs a flurry of downward stomps. Based on his attack as an assist trophy.

Grab - Standard grab similar to :4mario::4luigi::4wario2: and pretty much that of most other characters.

Forward Throw - Forces the opponent into a ball shape similar to that of :4gaw:'s throws. Waluigi then performs a tennis serve, hitting the opponent away with his racquet.
Up Throw - Forces the opponent into a ball shape similar to that of :4gaw:'s throws. Waluigi then performs a jump shot (like in basketball) to throw the opponent. Based on Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Sports Mix.

Down Throw - Waluigi tosses the opponent onto the ground and stomps on them repeatedly. Based on his attack as an assist trophy.

Neutral Special: Waluigi Tennis - Similar in function to :4wiifit:'s Header. Waluigi tosses a tennis ball upward by pressing :GCB:, hitting :GCB: again will have Waluigi swing his tennis racquet, sending the ball flying as a projectile attack. Opponents who are close enough to Waluigi will also take a hit from the tennis racquet. Players can stall and let the tennis ball hit the ground first, then hit it away with a different attack like F-Smash. Just be careful as it can be hit back at Waluigi.

Side Special: Waluigi Kart - Waluigi hops into the standard kart (colored purple like Waluigi of course) and drives into opponents. Functions like a hybrid of :4wario:'s Wario Bike and :4bowserjr:'s Klown Kart Dash. Waluigi can jump out at anytime, but the kart does not stop, instead continuing on it's course until it falls off the stage. Waluigi can also be knocked out of the kart, similar to the Wario Bike. The hit will cause the kart to spin in place before coming to stop like when hit by an item in Mario Kart. The kart cannot be picked up and thrown as an item however and disappears much sooner than the Wario Bike. Air OK like the Wario Bike as well.

Up Special: Whirluigi - Waluigi will spin rapidly like a cyclone and rise into the air. Mash :GCB: for more horizontal distance. Based on his technique of the same name from Mario Power Tennis and is meant to parallel the Luigi Cyclone. Instead of a Down Special, it's an Up Special. And instead of being able to cover a lot of horizontal distance quickly, it covers vertical distance quickly. Mash B for horizontal movement vs mashing B for vertical movement with the Luigi Cyclone. Etc., etc., you get the idea.
Down Special: Waluigi Party - A dice block appears above Waluigi and begins spinning. Hitting :GCD::GCB: again will have Waluigi jump up to hit the block and stop it. After a few seconds, the die will stop on it's own if Waluigi does not hit it.

The number he rolls, 1-6, will be added to to the power of his next Smash attack. So for example; uncharged F-Smash does 13%, he rolls a 4, add 4% to the damage output for total of 17%. He can stack up to two dice rolls with a range of 2%-12% that can be added to his Smash attacks.

The dice will displayed above his Battle Portrait so players can keep track of their rolls. Waluigi can also re-roll by discarding his current dice via taunting.

Final Smash: Haven't thought of a name :p - A close range attack where Waluigi will stun opponents. Characters caught by the attack will be the only ones affected. While everyone is stunned, Waluigi will jump from the stage onto the game's HUD and stomp on the percentages of his opponents, racking up lots of damage. He will then pull out a Bob-omb and throw it back onto the stage, hitting the stunned characters and launching them. Waluigi will laugh his trademark "WAAAHAHA" and jump back onto the stage.

Costumes

00- Default Purple. WA!
01- Mario Red
02- Luigi Green
03- Wario Yellow
04- Foreman Spike Brown
05- Bob-omb Black

EDIT: Forgot a Blue Team color, swap that in for 07 I guess, or merge them into a Blue/White costume.

Illustrated version coming maybe, no promises though. Been sitting on ideas like this for him and other characters like Daisy, Ganon and Incineroar for a while though, so I thought I'd finally type them out at least.
Took my tennis racquet idea but your moves are wayyy better

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Took my tennis racquet idea but your moves are wayyy better
Thanks! And I don't want to be that guy, but you're not really the first to bring up the tennis ball idea.

I mean, it's kind of his thing with his origin being from Mario Tennis and all. You nor I are even close to being the first people to suggest Waluigi having his tennis racquet. I've seen it suggested by others numerous times on other boards and YT comments over the years. It's sort of an obvious choice imo. Not trying to rag on you btw, just saying that it's been thought of before. It's one of those situations where you think you came up with something and then you find out a ton of other people already said the same thing. I've been there too and I'm sure plenty of others have as well.

I made this moveset about 3 years ago and had it saved in a word document. I've been refining it and others little by little, and wanted to make illustrations to accompany them before posting them. I just haven't really had the time to draw everything out.

I'm glad you liked it though, I'm still kind of iffy on it and the others I'm still working on. Even though their just fan mock-ups made for the fun of speculations sake, I've been trying as best I can to come up with stuff I feel Sakurai would approve of. Don't think I'm anywhere close to that point yet, but I thought I might as well post it and see what others thought about it.

Last edited:

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
Moveset
General Info

Costumes

00- Default Purple. WA!
01- Mario Red
02- Luigi Green
03- Wario Yellow
04- Foreman Spike Brown
05- Bob-omb Black

This looks very good. This moveset seems cohesive and might work for setting up combos depending on the set trajectory and percentage of the moves. The Dice Blocks would add almost a comeback factor that could be set up in between stocks. Not to mention that this moveset actually seems to fit the spirit of the character overall. I've personally liked the idea of his Uair being like Wario's but with his legs instead which would give greater reach, but I agree with this moveset overall.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
This looks very good. This moveset seems cohesive and might work for setting up combos depending on the set trajectory and percentage of the moves. The Dice Blocks would add almost a comeback factor that could be set up in between stocks. Not to mention that this moveset actually seems to fit the spirit of the character overall. I've personally liked the idea of his Uair being like Wario's but with his legs instead which would give greater reach, but I agree with this moveset overall.
Thanks! I did actually consider just borrowing that idea since it was used in the Waluigi mod by marioking64ds for Brawl/Project M. I quite like the idea, but I decided against it. No reason in particular actually, just decided on the other Up Air for this, though I'd be fine with either.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
WALUIGI MOVESET
Waluigi brings his self-loathing lanky body and seething anger issues into Smash. He will cheat, explode and humiliate his opponents with a fury of long limbs and an arsenal of Mustache-themed weapons. With high jumps and long legs, Waluigi has all the range. He may not have the power of Wario, but Waluigi can rack up the damage and kick his enemies into oblivion.

Waluigi Mechanic: Tantrum

The (A) button can be held after any attack input in order for Waluigi to engage in a multi-hit flurry repetition of the attack (while of course whining out a string of Waaaa's or his name from his mouth; each attack gets its own variation of his Waaa exclamation).

This is similar to what many characters have for their standard (A) attack. Waluigi would be able to do this for most or all of his attacks. While the tantrum version would have low knock-back and stun, the attack could be added for shield pressure and cover.

SPECIALS

(B) Whiskered Eggplant
- Waluigi winds up a pitch, holding a purple eggplant with a mustache. Charging the attack allows for a further and faster thrown eggplant. If the eggplant connects there is a chance, depending on factors such as the charge of the attack and the opponent's damage, that the opponent is transformed.
• The opponent gets a Waluigi mustache
• The opponent loses his/her (B) move
• The opponent gains Whiskered Eggplant as a (B) move
• The opponent can get back his/her B move back, and lose the insulting mustache, by hitting Waluigi with the eggplant or infecting another opponent with the Whiskered Eggplant

(Side B) Tennis Racket Strike - Waluigi swings forward a tennis racket. This move can be charged. The attack does moderate damage to an opponent. However, the real feature is the racket's reflective properties.
• Projectiles that are hit, puff away in a cartoon cloud and many little purple Bo-ombs (each with a mustache) are sent back in scatter form. The Bo-ombs' explosions have multiple hits and can accumulate for decent knock-back. The amount of bombs depends on the charge of the move and strength of the projectile.

(Up B) Frantic Swim - Waluigi swims in the air performing four breaststrokes. The first three strokes do small damage, while the fourth does decent damage and sends the opponent in the opposite direction that Waluigi is swimming. Each breaststroke has a directional input.

(Down B) Big Bomb
- Waluigi hops up and a large, dark purple bomb in a round form of Waluigi's face appears underneath his feet. He can run on top of the bomb lumberjack style and navigate left or right or jump off. The bomb does less damage than Wario's bike. The main reason for the bomb is the large explosion.
• The Bomb can not be picked up or reflected (although reflecting moves still damage it).
• The Bomb goes off after a set time duration or afters its HP has been depleted by damage.
• The Bomb goes in the direction an attack hits it in. Weak attacks do not move it much.
• Waluigi can mount the bomb by pressing (Down B) while near his weapon.
• The explosion is big and sends people flying.
• The Bomb has a cool-down property after it explodes or after it goes off a stage.

STANDARD ATTACKS

(A) Waluigi places two curled fists at his hips and thrusts his pelvic forward. Holding (A) makes him gyrate his crotch and fists continuously (while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi).

(Side A) Stands on one leg and kicks forward, while punching forward with two fists. Holding (A) will have quick repeats of this odd behavior (while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi). * Which if looked at from a bird's eye view, his striking limbs form a 'W.'

(Up A) Waluigi kicks up a leg backwards and holds his foot above his head. He then spins in place. Holding (A) will have him spin for a longer time (while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi).

(Down A) Waluigi lays flat on his stomach, his rump in the air and his arms folded in front of his grinning face. A press of (A) will have him lurch forward while performing a breast stroke. Holding (A) will have him swim in place (while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi).

(Running A)
Waluigi performs a clothesline, which can knock an opponent to the ground. Holding (A) will result in running with the held clothesline move for longer, but for less damage and without the tripping effect (while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi).

SMASHES

(Forward Smash)
Waluigi holds his body up on his hands, arms locked behind him with his long legs off the ground and splayed open like scissors. His legs and feet come together in a slap. Holding (A) will result in weaker slaps after the initial one (while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi).

(Up Smash) Waluigi hunkers down, facing the screen with his knees bent to either side of him. He springs upwards in order to fully extend his body. His arms are raised above his head, with his hands pressed together at the palms and flat in order to push his opponent into the sky. Similar to Wario's Up (A) tilt. Holding (A) will have him pulsate up and down for weaker hits
(while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi).

(Down Smash)
Waluigi does a break-dance with his legs doing one rotation around his body. A press of (A) will keep the party going longer (while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi).

AERIALS

(Neutral Aerial) Waluigi faces the screen and does a split in the air. If (A) is held, he repeatedly performs a few quick splits in succession (while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi).

(Forward Aerial) Waluigi performs a soccer kick. A hold of (A) will have him perform many rapid soccer kicks (while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi).

(Back Aerial)
Waluigi performs a spinning backhand. A hold of (A) will have him perform many spinning backhands (while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi).

(Down Aerial)
Waluigi kicks down with one leg and then another. These kicks can bury an opponent in the ground, and both have weak meteor properties. A hold of (A) will have him frantically stomping down (while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi).

(Up Aerial) Waluigi faces the screen and punches upwards with one fist and then the other. Waluigi will fist pump the air with a hold of the (A) button (while screaming Waaaa or Waluigi).

THROWS

(Throw Pummel) Waluigi performs a kidney punch similar to Wario.

(Forward Throw) Waluigi throws up his opponent and pulls out a racket for a serve. During the animation, Waliugi can input the angle of his hit.

(Back Throw) The same as Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario and Wario. Waluigi swings his opponent around before flinging him backwards. Waluigi holds out his enemy further than the Mario Brothers, but with a weaker throw.

(Down Throw) Waluigi holds his opponent above his head, arms extended before throwing them to the floor.

(Up Throw) Same in appearance as Waluigi's back throw, except that at the end he tosses the enemy upwards.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For some reason, I just had a random dream about Waluigi in Smash.

B: Super Tennis (a projectile move where Waluigi serves a tennis ball)
Side+B: Waluigi's Ace (hit projectiles with tennis racket and return them to opponents... works like Mario's Cape)
Up+B: Swimming Return
Down+B: Whirluigi (I guess it could be like Luigi's Down+B or Meta Knight's Neutral B)
Final Smash: whatever he does as an Assist Trophy

I guess Waluigi could be my third choice after Toad (#1) and Paper Mario (#2).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
For some reason, I just had a random dream about Waluigi in Smash.

B: Super Tennis (a projectile move where Waluigi serves a tennis ball)
Side+B: Waluigi's Ace (hit projectiles with tennis racket and return them to opponents... works like Mario's Cape)
Up+B: Swimming Return
Down+B: Whirluigi (I guess it could be like Luigi's Down+B or Meta Knight's Neutral B)
Final Smash: whatever he does as an Assist Trophy

I guess Waluigi could be my third choice after Toad (#1) and Paper Mario (#2).
"Whirluigi"

You just made my day, thanks.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Hey, don't rub it in, I've never played a Mario Tennis game before.
Not rubbing it in, just thought you'd like to know. I haven't played a Mario Tennis game either. I just happen to know these things from browsing wikis for hours on end. Send help. :p

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
When I first thought of Waluigi for smash back in the N64 days I wasn't fond of it, but as the years went by and Waluigi never once getting his own game and being punted to only sports, racing and party games it got me thinking... he deserves some time in the spotlight. Maybe a bit of exposure in smash will fix that and raise interest. Plus it'd be fun to see what kind of move set the devs can come up with for this sports star.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Moveset
General Info

Costumes

00- Default Purple. WA!
01- Mario Red
02- Luigi Green
03- Wario Yellow
04- Foreman Spike Brown
05- Bob-omb Black

A very creative moveset and loving the parallels and similarities. This is now like the perfect Waluigi imo. The down tilt as a tripping thing i can see being annoying but I like it as its not been done before and its part of his character.

Also the throws are fantastic.

Myxthio

Smash Rookie

I also support the Wah very much. I'd probs main him if he comes out as a confirmed character, and you guys are coming up with some very excellent movesets for the purple WAHrior. Keep up the good work!

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
At a time where Waluigi is more popular and relatable than ever, he would be great for Smash! I would love to see him as an extremely technical character. I support. NuzTheMonkey NuzTheMonkey is my tag.

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
I honestly hope he is competitively terrible and unreliable, as in all of his attacks are RNG and can do random things. If you're lucky, he can be unfair. Unlucky? Yea, good bye Waluigi from the match.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I honestly hope he is competitively terrible and unreliable, as in all of his attacks are RNG and can do random things. If you're lucky, he can be unfair. Unlucky? Yea, good bye Waluigi from the match.
No offense but that's a terrible idea. Having an RNG move like :4gaw:'s Judge or :4peach:'s Vegetable is one thing, but basing the entire moveset around that would be a balancing nightmare. It'd be a waste of time for the developers, and the end result would just end up with Waluigi likely being banned or never used by anyone.

You can have instances of inconsistency like :4marth:'s tipper, but if nothing is consistent, and the extremes are so high and low it results in a character who is pretty much flawed in every way imaginable. It works with Marth and the others because it's contained to one particular aspect. Poor spacing results is weaker hits, mastering spacing with Marth rewards the player. Peach's and G&W don't give the player control over what you get, but it's confined to one move with varying results that can still be useful in some way.

The two scenarios from playing Waluigi regardless of which you get would be a character who isn't fun to play or fair to play
A) Having no chance to do anything
B) Demolishing the game's balance

Designing a character around randomness is poor design. It gives the player less control, which is bad in any game, but especially so in a fighting game where you're trying to compete with others. And when I say compete I mean in both casual and competitive play. Having no consistency with two extremes is just going to make for an extremely frustrating character.

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
I know it is, and I don't seriously want it, but it would still be funny sometimes.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I know it is, and I don't seriously want it, but it would still be funny sometimes.
You gave me an idea though. What if they brought back a more frequent version of Brawl's tripping as it's own mode. :troll:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You gave me an idea though. What if they brought back a more frequent version of Brawl's tripping as it's own mode. :troll:
You know, as part of some sort of event-match involving Waluigi, that might actually be quite funny. :laugh:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
You know, as part of some sort of event-match involving Waluigi, that might actually be quite funny. :laugh:
That sounds pretty good. A Waluigi event with lots of random tripping and only Bob-Ombs turned on to an absurdly high spawn rate.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I do think I strongly prefer Waluigi over Daisy. At least Waluigi can pull it off, being the ultimate Mario spin off character, maybe even be the indirect Mario Tennis character due to his AT.

I'm not sold yet, but I'd have to say I'd enjoy Waluigi more than 75% of Smash 4'a newcomers.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Wah ha ha ha!! Quite a lot of supporters in the past few months. I like it!

I'm considering changing the thread's title to something else Waluigi related. I'm open to suggestions, so if anyone has any great ideas, feel free to share. Just make sure it doesn't violate the terms of use.

Also, if anyone think's some more information should be added to the OP, feel free to share that information too.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm considering changing the thread's title to something else Waluigi related. I'm open to suggestions, so if anyone has any great ideas, feel free to share.
Perhaps a reference to that comment on that one Smash 3DS/Wii U Pic of the Day, where it was said that trying hard doesn't mean that you'll get in?

Perhaps at this point, Waluigi is trying hard to get into Smash Switch? :laugh:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Wah ha ha ha!! Quite a lot of supporters in the past few months. I like it!

I'm considering changing the thread's title to something else Waluigi related. I'm open to suggestions, so if anyone has any great ideas, feel free to share. Just make sure it doesn't violate the terms of use.

Also, if anyone think's some more information should be added to the OP, feel free to share that information too.
What about "Wah in the world is Waluigi!?"?

CounterSkil

Smash Rookie
I love Waluigi, and he absolutely should be in smash switch, he is hilarious and has great potential for smash. If nintendo will not give him his own game, they should at least include him in smash. As for the moveset, the creator of the Waluigi mod for Project M did a very nice job at coming up with one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZmTX5WEZ6g

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I love Waluigi, and he absolutely should be in smash switch, he is hilarious and has great potential for smash. If nintendo will not give him his own game, they should at least include him in smash. As for the moveset, the creator of the Waluigi mod for Project M did a very nice job at coming up with one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZmTX5WEZ6g
First of all, Welcome to SmashBoards.

Secondly, yes. I agree that the least he deserves is one chance to prove he could work in Super Smash Bros as a playable character. And it would be nice if Nintendo did give Waluigi his own game before too long.

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
Out of all the characters I want for Smash, Waluigi is definitely my most-wanted.

I think he has a decent popularity and has some potential for a moveset. The only issue I think is affecting his chance of getting in (I think this for Daisy, too) is the fact that he doesn't have his own game. This can affect a character's popularity and makes it hard to pick out moves. For example, Mario's moveset is based off of various Mario games such as Super Mario Sunshine, Waluigi doesn't have this. He is the spinoff king though, so some moves can definitely come from those.

I'm all for Waluigi in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom