• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Existing Series By Fives - A Fun Challenge

mewtwo_to_you_too

Smash Cadet
I'm running through the various series already included in Smash Ultimate and putting up, what I feel like, are the most likely characters to get in and few of my desired picks. I'm keeping the rules strictly to 5 per series. Which limits the wide casts that some have available and forcing me to reach on others. Regardless, I did my best to compile the 5 characters from each series to get in. I'm leaving out a few games bc I haven't the slightest clue about them (Bayonettaand Splatoon to name a few BUT if you can make a good list on them I'll consider putting them up and giving you a shout out). Either way, I hope you enjoy and would love to hear from everyone if there are better choices. I'm not well versed on all Nintendo properties and will change a selection if the evidence is compelling enough. I do need to point out that a few choices are based on characters I have a strong bias for.

****I'm making changes to the list daily and will credit you for your suggestions.****

Super Mario:
-Geno
-Captain Toad
-Paper Mario
-Koopa Paratroopa - Popular Mario Tennis character, maybe lose his wings for a few seconds if a successful head jump
-Midbus - I know he isn't the most popular character but he seems like he would be a fun heavy

Donkey Kong:
-DK Jr. - My main in SMK and loved his game since I was a youngin (Would have included Stanley as well but the other choices are too strong to exclude)
-King K. Rool
-Dixie Kong
-Funky Kong
-Cranky Kong

Legend of Zelda:
-Midna & Wolf Link - Midna is STILL an assist trophy but the addition of Wolf Link would make one heck of a moveset (LoZ:TP is my fave in the series)
-Impa
-Tetra
-Revali - Figured a new character from the series needed an inclusion and I liked his personality a lot
-Darunia

Yoshi (suggested split from Mario by Souldin):
-Kamek
-Birdo
-Shy Guy
-Poochy
-Baby Mario Bros.

Pokémon (1 per generation but left out 4 & 5):
-Decidueye - Gen 7
-Gengar - Gen 1 and always super popular
-Blaziken - Gen 3 and perfect for smash
-Suicune - Gen 2 and among my favorites ever since Crystal Version
-Hoopa - Among my favorites of the newer Pokémon, feel like his moveset could include the hoops and his Unbound form as a Final Smash

Metroid (Most are a reach IMO):
-Dark Samus
-Sylux
-Adam
-Kanden
-Weavel

Kirby:
-Bandana Dee
-Dark Matter - A pure villain in the Kirby series with a wide variety of special abilities in its arsenal
-Prince Fluff
-Magolor
-Marx - Wasn't 100% on this if there's a better choice let me know

Star Fox:
-Peppy
-Slippy
-General Scales - I liked Adventures too much to not include at least one character since Krystal was relegated to an assist trophy
-ROB 64
-Pigma - Not sure how he would work but his importance to the overall story is what nudged him in over Panther and Leon

Fire Emblem (Really don't know too much about FE so please make replacement suggestions):
-Hector - Axe character from the older games
-Black Knight - Need at least one villain rep
-Tharja - Need a mage rep, this one seems pretty good (suggested by FunAtParties)
-Anna - Lots of useable weapons, please no sword, but pretty popular (suggested by FunAtParties)
-Celica - Popularity is high and like mage types (suggested by FunAtParties and Ninja Fisto)

F-Zero:
-Black Shadow
-Jody Summer - Possible ZSS Echo
-Pico - Since no Goroh
-Zoda - A lot of super powers, magic type
-Deathborn

Punch-Out! (To me these are the most popular characters in the series):
-Mr. Sandman
-King Hippo
-Bald Bull
-Glass Joe
-Doc Louis

Xenoblade (Not too much knowledge on the series as a whole, let me know if an should be replaced):
-Rex
-KOS-MOS
-Fiora (Mecha)
-Morag
-Elma (suggested by FunAtParties)

Kid Icarus:
-Viridi
-Magnus
-Eggplant Wizard
-Medusa
-Hades

Earthbound/Mother (thanks FunAtParties for the help):
-Porky - Popular Villain though if I remember unwittingly became one
-Masked Man
-Ninten - Maybe Ness Echo
-Duster - Need more research but thief type seems interesting (suggested by Ninja Fisto)
-New Age Retro Hippie - Just too many laughs provided in my childhood to leave him out

Animal Crossing:
-Isabelle
-Pascal
-KK Slider
-Tom Nook
-Mr. Resetti

Pikmin:
-Charlie
-Louie
-Brittany
-Alph - Not sure if he's still an alternate outfit
-Plasm Wraith - Just watched that battle and woah yeah it gets the inclusion (suggested by FunAtParties)

Sonic the Hedgehog:
-Tails
-Eggman
-Shadow
-Amy
-Metal Sonic

Mega Man:
-Zero
-Dr. Wily
-Roll
-Servbot - Look at his appearance in MvC2
-Gutsman - Has been a series mainstay

Street Fighter:
-Chun-Li
-C. Viper - My main since her first appearance
-M. Bison
-Akuma
-Ken - Ryu Echo

Metal Gear:
-Raiden
-Big Boss - Original Metal Gear Protagonist, maybe Snake Echo (suggested by Ninja Fisto)
-Psyho Mantis
-Quiet - MGSV wasn't on any Nintendo console but I enjoyed it too much to leave her out
-Revolver Ocelot

Final Fantasy:
-Sephiroth - He's Cloud's nemesis in a way
-Black Mage - Throwback to NES FF and popular in SSF2 (suggested by Ninja Fisto)
-Sora - He's basically part of the FF universe and an easy/shameless choice
-Tifa - Very popular FF party member (suggested by Ninja Fisto)
-Kefka - Mega baddie from SNES days

***I want to add that in just the few days since the original post, I've received very good feedback and support! Thanks to everyone for your support up to this point! A ton of changes and additions have been made and I want to specifically thank FunAtParties and Ninja Fisto for their all the help they've provided! Y'all are truly Ultimate!!!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm running through the various series already included in Smash Ultimate and putting up, what I feel like, are the most likely characters to get in. I'm keeping the rules strictly to 5 per series. Which limits the wide casts that some have available and forcing me to reach on others. Regardless, I did my best to compile the 5 most likely characters from each series to get in. I'm leaving out a few games bc I haven't the slightest clue about them (Bayonetta, FF, Splatoon to name a few). Either way, I hope you enjoy and would love to hear from everyone if there are better choices.

Super Mario:
Geno, Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Kamek ,Baby Mario Bros

Donkey Kong:
DK Jr., King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Funky Kong, Cranky Kong

Legend of Zelda:
Midna & Wolf Link, Impa, Tetra, Revali, Darunia

Pokémon:
Decidueye, Gengar, Blaziken, Suicune, Hoopa

Metroid:
Dark Samus, Sylux, Adam, Kanden, Weavel

Kirby:
Bandana Dee, Galacta Knight, Prince Fluff, Magolor, Marx

Star Fox:
Peppy, Slippy, General Scales, ROB 64, Pigma

Fire Emblem:
Hector, Black Knight, Cordelia, Ephraim, Joshua

F-Zero:
Black Shadow, Jody Summer, Pico, Zoda, Deathborn

Punch-Out!:
Mr. Sandman, King Hippo, Bald Bull, Glass Joe, Doc Louis

Xenoblade:
Rex, KOS-MOS, Fiora (Mecha), Morag, Zeke

Kid Icarus:
Viridi, Magnus, Eggplant Wizard, Medusa, Hades

Animal Crossing:
Isabelle, Pascal, KK Slider, Tom Nook, Mr. Resetti

Pikmin:
Charlie, Louie, Brittany, Alph, Pikmar

Sonic the Hedgehog:
Tails, Eggman, Shadow, Amy, Metal Sonic

Mega Man:
Zero, Dr. Wily, Roll, Servbot, Gutsman

Street Fighter:
Chun-Li, C. Viper, M. Bison, Akuma, Ken

Metal Gear:
Raiden, Gray Fox, Psyho Mantis, Quiet, Revolver Ocelot
Do you have any explanations for these? Pokémon and Fire Emblem in particular look kind of sketchy.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I don’t know how I feel about the champions being on the list. There sort of a package deal, and you could go through the game not really knowing about them, kinda worse then secondary characters if you ask me
I would replace them with, Skull kid for popularity, Hilda cause Echoes and :ultdaisy: plus Zelda’s new look, with finally vaati because capcom and he has a recurrence is Zelda

Do you have any explanations for these? Pokémon and Fire Emblem in particular look kind of sketchy.
I

The Pokémon all appeared in that Pokémon Tekken

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'll try it out, I'll stick with the Nintendo franchises you have listed. Not my favs but who I think has the best shots

Mario and associated spinoffs
-Geno popular, Sakurai has shown interest
-Waluigi I still believe he has a chance for DLC, especially after seeing how notable his fanbase was after being deconfirmed
-Captain Toad One of the few characters with a prominent spinoff
-Paper Mario Big series on it's own, kind of odd he isn't in yet
-A fill-in pick, but Birdo. Has Yoshi Echo potential, which gives them a better chance than other choices of similar value imo.

DK
-K.Rool pretty obvious really
-Dixie Kong also pretty obvious
-Cranky Kong part of the most recent crew, has a strong history he'd be a good pick
-Funky Kong always popular amongst Nintendo fans, recent revival could be a good thing
-Stanley potential retro pick

Legend of Zelda
-Impa prime Echo material, important to LoZ history, semi-popular choice.
-Skull Kid used to be really popular, and still has his fans. Not yet revealed as an AT so who knows?
-Tingle prime joke character, also has his own spinoff
-Midna another AT that still has a chance as DLC imo.
-Vaati probably the most significant villain than the Ganons. Long-shot, but still a chance.

Pokemon
-Decidueye seemingly the most popular choice from Gen 7.
-Mimikyu surprisingly popular amongst fans. Another Gen 7 possibilty
-Lyranroc (Midnight Form) ^
-Zeraora also Gen 7. New Mythical, also popular, who knows?
-Eevee another Gen 1? Doesn't seem to be an issue with PT and crew coming back, and Nintendo seems to want to push Eevee as a sort of second mascot. It's got a chance.

Metroid
-Dark Samus another Echo option, though I think they deserve better. Pretty important to the Prime trilogy. With 4 on the way, it makes sense.
-Sylux Kind of depends on Prime 4, and their return, AND if Sakurai has knowledge of it.
-SA-X A more straightforward Echo option. Gives Fusion a little love.
-Federation Force Soldier while they weren't received particularly well, they exist, Nintendo wanted it to succeed, and while it's a long-shot, it's a possibility.
-Mother Brain a weird, out of nowhere, not-gonna-happen pick that relies mainly on the idea that villains are playing a larger role in this game. There's a few ugly incarnations that could work in Smash. She is the big boss of Metroid. Who knows?

Kirby
-Bandanna Dee popular, relevant, he makes a lot of sense even in comparison to most characters.
-Magolor had a strong popularity rush during the ballot, which can influence his chances here.
-Dark Matter formerly the big boss of the Kirby series that has his fans, and a lot of room for creativity.
-Adeline fairly large Smash fan presence mainly because of Brawl in the family. Could have gotten her noticed over the years.
-Marx idk why, but he's seen a large rush in popularity since the Star Allies addition, moreso than any other character really. One of the many various bosses in the Kirby series, but also one in a game that Sakurai made himself, which could be a point of influence here.

Star Fox
-Slippy another character that fits well as a joke, but is also the lead in his own spinoff as well as fairly popular or at least well-known character amongst fans
-Krystal yet another deconfirmed AT. She has a chance as DLC based on her popularity, potential, and representing a time Star Fox dared to be different.
-Getting to the stretches now, but Andross Lots of creative options here, and he's the main recurring villain of the Star Fox series for better or worse.
-Peppy been there since the beginning. Well-known, Star Fox has a lot of weapons not in use in Smash. He can work.
-Pigma part of the most pivotal moments in SF history, could be considered for that reason alone.

Fire Emblem
-Chrom despite not fighting much like Ike, he seemed to be considered by the Smash crew to be too much like him to make it in 4. Maybe now is his time.
-Lyn another character that was deconfirmed as an AT. Another character that still maintains a chance through DLC. She's one of the most consistently popular FE characters, I see that as good as anything for Smash.
-Tharja seems pretty popular, and mages are one of the more unrepresented aspects FE has. Awakening seems to be the Pokemon Gen 1 of Smash, so I can see it happening
-Celica has seen a bit of a resurgence lately. Could bode well for her
-Anna recurring character that does a lot of stuff throughout the series, so her moveset is flexible for Smash.

F-Zero
-Black Shadow who Falcondorf probably should've been. Balck Shadow has his own abilities, so there's options, but his most likely shot is a Ganondorf-like clone.
-Samurai Goroh not that it means much, but he's probabl the most popular F-Zero character not named Captain Falcon. AT hurts him, but you never know.
-Blood Falcon Echo option. Pretty much all there is to it
-Deathborn just a big scary looking ****** that is the guy Black Shadow answers to. Not likely by any means, but a neat idea, and one I wouldn't mind seeing.
-Pico idk let's be real here, none of these really have a strong chance, but at this point in the game, it ain't happening. I see Pico a lot so, I put his name down.

Punch-Out!
-Doc Louis has a chance as a clone. He's known a bit
-King Hippo probably the most well-known of all Mac's opponents
-Bald Bull, Glass Joe, Mike Tyson I'm just putting down names at this point

Xenoblade
-Rex with Pyra/Mythra not the biggest fan of him, but he is the protagonist of the newest Xenoblade
-Elma one of the many playable XCX characters. Fairly popular as well, she has a shot
-Cross Sakurai's affinity for avatars makes me think this has a chance
-Fiora Mech suit and all, has an outside chance
-KOS-MOS Namco is involved with Smash so it fits

Kid Icarus
-Viridi primed for a big future to the series, if the series has a future. Somewhat popular, known by Smash fans due to Palutena's Guidances and Reset Bomb Forest.
-Medusa recurring villain of the series. Still has a notable following
-Hades big bad of Uprising, also has built a little following for himself.
-Eggplant Wizard a callback to the old Kid Icarus games. Used to have some popularity post Pit reveal in the Brawl era
-Magnus idk

Animal Crossing
-Isabelle Echo option, with plenty of growing popularity
-Tom Nook somewhat deconfirmed as part of Villager's Final Smash, but there's always a chance. He has potential, and is a significant character to the AC series
-Mr. Resetti another "face" of the series, Resetti has unique attributes that could make him an interesting fighter.
-KK Slider- probably the last "face" of the series, he could bring a musical moveset to the table
-Brewster not likely at all, but Brewster just looks like he can mess someone up

Pikmin
-Alph "deconfirmed" as an alt, but we may have just been bamboozled. Was considered to be a clone before, could be an echo now
-Louie has had a consistent presence in the series as a nuisance, could be a clone or a unique character
-Plasm Wraith Final boss of Pikmin 3, has unique qualities that could make for an interesting fighter
-Charlie, Brittany, President all additional options for echos

Last edited:

mewtwo_to_you_too

Smash Cadet
I'll try it out, I'll stick with the Nintendo franchises you have listed

Mario and associated spinoffs
-Geno popular, Sakurai has shown interest
-Waluigi I still believe he has a chance for DLC, especially after seeing how notable his fanbase was after being deconfirmed
-Captain Toad One of the few characters with a prominent spinoff
-Paper Mario Big series on it's own, kind of odd he isn't in yet
-A fill-in pick, but Birdo. Has Yoshi Echo potential, which gives them a better chance than other choices of similar value imo.

DK
-K.Rool pretty obvious really
-Dixie Kong also pretty obvious
-Cranky Kong part of the most recent crew, has a strong history he'd be a good pick
-Funky Kong always popular amongst Nintendo fans, recent revival could be a good thing
-Stanley potential retro pick

Legend of Zelda
-Impa prime Echo material, important to LoZ history, semi-popular choice.
-Skull Kid used to be really popular, and still has his fans. Not yet revealed as an AT so who knows?
-Tingle prime joke character, also has his own spinoff
-Midna another AT that still has a chance as DLC imo.
-Vaati probably the most significant villain than the Ganons. Long-shot, but still a chance.

Pokemon
-Decidueye seemingly the most popular choice from Gen 7.
-Mimikyu surprisingly popular amongst fans. Another Gen 7 possibilty
-Lyranroc (Midnight Form) ^
-Zeraora also Gen 7. New Mythical, also popular, who knows?
-Eevee another Gen 1? Doesn't seem to be an issue with PT and crew coming back, and Nintendo seems to want to push Eevee as a sort of second mascot. It's got a chance.

Metroid
-Dark Samus another Echo option, though I think they deserve better. Pretty important to the Prime trilogy. With 4 on the way, it makes sense.
-Sylux Kind of depends on Prime 4, and their return, AND if Sakurai has knowledge of it.
-SA-X A more straightforward Echo option. Gives Fusion a little love.
-Federation Force Soldier while they weren't received particularly well, they exist, Nintendo wanted it to succeed, and while it's a long-shot, it's a possibility.
-Mother Brain a weird, out of nowhere, not-gonna-happen pick that relies mainly on the idea that villains are playing a larger role in this game. There's a few ugly incarnations that could work in Smash. She is the big boss of Metroid. Who knows?

Kirby
-Bandanna Dee popular, relevant, he makes a lot of sense even in comparison to most characters.
-Magolor had a strong popularity rush during the ballot, which can influence his chances here.
-Dark Matter formerly the big boss of the Kirby series that has his fans, and a lot of room for creativity.
-Adeline fairly large Smash fan presence mainly because of Brawl in the family. Could have gotten her noticed over the years.
-Marx idk why, but he's seen a large rush in popularity since the Star Allies addition, moreso than any other character really. One of the many various bosses in the Kirby series, but also one in a game that Sakurai made himself, which could be a point of influence here.

Star Fox
-Slippy another character that fits well as a joke, but is also the lead in his own spinoff as well as fairly popular or at least well-known character amongst fans
-Krystal yet another deconfirmed AT. She has a chance as DLC based on her popularity, potential, and representing a time Star Fox dared to be different.
-Getting to the stretches now, but Andross Lots of creative options here, and he's the main recurring villain of the Star Fox series for better or worse.
-Peppy been there since the beginning. Well-known, Star Fox has a lot of weapons not in use in Smash. He can work.
-Pigma part of the most pivotal moments in SF history, could be considered for that reason alone.

Fire Emblem
-Chrom despite not fighting much like Ike, he seemed to be considered by the Smash crew to be too much like him to make it in 4. Maybe now is his time.
-Lyn another character that was deconfirmed as an AT. Another character that still maintains a chance through DLC. She's one of the most consistently popular FE characters, I see that as good as anything for Smash.
-Tharja seems pretty popular, and mages are one of the more unrepresented aspects FE has. Awakening seems to be the Pokemon Gen 1 of Smash, so I can see it happening
-Celica has seen a bit of a resurgence lately. Could bode well for her
-Anna recurring character that does a lot of stuff throughout the series, so her moveset is flexible for Smash.

F-Zero
-Black Shadow who Falcondorf probably should've been. Balck Shadow has his own abilities, so there's options, but his most likely shot is a Ganondorf-like clone.
-Samurai Goroh not that it means much, but he's probabl the most popular F-Zero character not named Captain Falcon. AT hurts him, but you never know.
-Blood Falcon Echo option. Pretty much all there is to it
-Deathborn just a big scary looking ****** that is the guy Black Shadow answers to. Not likely by any means, but a neat idea, and one I wouldn't mind seeing.
-Pico idk let's be real here, none of these really have a strong chance, but at this point in the game, it ain't happening. I see Pico a lot so, I put his name down.

Punch-Out!
-Doc Louis has a chance as a clone. He's known a bit
-King Hippo probably the most well-known of all Mac's opponents
-Bald Bull, Glass Joe, Mike Tyson I'm just putting down names at this point

Xenoblade
-Rex with Pyra/Mythra not the biggest fan of him, but he is the protagonist of the newest Xenoblade
-Elma one of the many playable XCX characters. Fairly popular as well, she has a shot
-Cross Sakurai's affinity for avatars makes me think this has a chance
-Fiora Mech suit and all, has an outside chance
-KOS-MOS Namco is involved with Smash so it fits

Kid Icarus
-Viridi primed for a big future to the series, if the series has a future. Somewhat popular, known by Smash fans due to Palutena's Guidances and Reset Bomb Forest.
-Medusa recurring villain of the series. Still has a notable following
-Hades big bad of Uprising, also has built a little following for himself.
-Eggplant Wizard a callback to the old Kid Icarus games. Used to have some popularity post Pit reveal in the Brawl era
-Magnus idk

Animal Crossing
-Isabelle Echo option, with plenty of growing popularity
-Tom Nook somewhat deconfirmed as part of Villager's Final Smash, but there's always a chance. He has potential, and is a significant character to the AC series
-Mr. Resetti another "face" of the series, Resetti has unique attributes that could make him an interesting fighter.
-KK Slider- probably the last "face" of the series, he could bring a musical moveset to the table
-Brewster not likely at all, but Brewster just looks like he can mess someone up

Pikmin
-Alph "deconfirmed" as an alt, but we may have just been bamboozled. Was considered to be a clone before, could be an echo now
-Louie has had a consistent presence in the series as a nuisance, could be a clone or a unique character
-Plasm Wraith Final boss of Pikmin 3, has unique qualities that could make for an interesting fighter
-Charlie, Brittany, Mayor all additional options for echos
Gahhhh I just got home a little bit ago and noticed after I finished my edit that you beat me to it, but no matter I really like your choices and reasons why.. If I make changes I'll give you a shout or for the series I left out

Ninja Fisto

Smash Rookie
How on earth is DK JR a likely character. In fact this feels more like a list of people you WANT not who are LIKELY

mewtwo_to_you_too

Smash Cadet
You very subtly state it and I missed that so I apologize, still I feel Stanley is a better chcoice
Yeah I'm gonna change the opening of the post I realized it's misleading.. Lanky and Chunky were others considered but I'll drop Cranky first as crazy as that sounds to some.. DK Jr. as a game is among my all time favorites and have the cabinet still (though no longer working), Stanley would be very unique as a character

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Gahhhh I just got home a little bit ago and noticed after I finished my edit that you beat me to it, but no matter I really like your choices and reasons why.. If I make changes I'll give you a shout or for the series I left out
Thanks, I tried to keep it to what i thought was most likely for each series. Also would like to mention you don't have Earthbound on here. So I'm doing it here

Earthbound
-Porky well-known, main villain with growing popularity
-Ninten completes the protagonist trifecta
-Masked Man formerly somewhat popular choice. Chances increase greatly with Mother 3 port
-Giygas First real villain of the series
-Starman recurring villains throught the series. I wish they weren't generic villains, and were just a specific character, because this is one of my all-time favorite character designs. Not likely at all, but neither is anyone else imo

Also doing Splatoon. If I had to make a prediction right now about Smash 6's inevitable speculation, I'd say there will be a group of Splatoon characters near the top. Right now, the lore is still a bit less known, and a little fuzzy, but over time, these characters will probably get a chance to shine on their own. Until then, I'll stick with the ones that have a bit of a presence right now

Splatoon
-Octolings not my favorite choices but the Echo option makes them too likely, and they can rep Splatoon 2 whereas Inklings clearly base their designs on S1
-DJ Octavio main villain of the series, has interesting potential
-Squid Sisters probably the most popular Splatoon characters, Splatoon has lots of weapons so there are options here
-Cap'n Cuddlefish recurring guide, and former soldier, Cuddlefish is an intriguing option.
-Judd well-known, plays a small part in the lore, who knows?

Last edited:

mewtwo_to_you_too

Smash Cadet
Thanks, I tried to keep it to what i thought was most likely for each series. Also would like to mention you don't have Earthbound on here. So I'm doing it here

Earthbound
-Masked Man formerly somewhat popular choice. Chances increase greatly with Mother 3 port
-Starman recurring villains throught the series. I wish they weren't generic villains, and were just a specific character, because this is one of my all-time favorite character designs. Not likely at all, but neither is anyone else imo

Also doing Splatoon. If I had to make a prediction right now about Smash 6's inevitable speculation, I'd say there will be a group of Splatoon characters near the top. Right now, the lore is still a bit less known, and a little fuzzy, but over time, these characters will probably get a chance to shine on their own. Until then, I'll stick with the ones that have a bit of a presence right now

Splatoon
-Octolings not my favorite choices but the Echo option makes them too likely, and they can rep Splatoon 2 whereas Inklings clearly base their designs on S1
-Squid Sisters probably the most popular Splatoon characters, Splatoon has lots of weapons so there are options here
-Cap'n Cuddlefish recurring guide, and former soldier, Cuddlefish is an intriguing option.
Wow... Can't believe I left out Earthbound, then again, so has Nintendo hahaha.. Masked Man turned out to be Lucas's brother right? Either way I'll pop my five in

Ninja Fisto

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna do my pick for the OG 12:

Mario: (honestly they have most of the characters they need)

Toad/Captain Toad: New game and most of the bigger characters have been done
Waluigi: The people need him, maybe DLC
Paper Mario: He's popular
Geno: Probably won't, but he got a mii skin so...
Paper Luigi: They literally have everyone thats the only reason he is on this list

DK

Funky Kong: Self Explanatory
King K Rool: Self Explanatory
Dixie Kong : Also Self Explanatory
Cranky Kong: Prob won't happen but he would be next in line
Stanly: Retro Rep

Legends of Zelda

Impa: Series relevant, very popular, and it SHOULD NOT be an echo
Tingle: Hasn't been comfirmed yet for an assist trophy so...
Tetra: Toon Zelda why not
Lana: Hyrule Warriors rep I guess, seems pretty popular.
Skull Kid: Not confirmed as assist trophy yet

Metroid

Darks Samus: Not confirmed as an assist trophy, and Samus no longer has a Dark Samus alt so...
Sylux: Seems popular.
Adam: I guess...
Honestly i don't have anymore and don't know anything about Metroid so...

Kirby

Bandanna Dee: Do I need to say anything???
Marx: He seems more popular now
Galacta Knight: He is a skin but... he's got more of a chance then others so...
Magolor: Popular
Keeby: It's a skin but eh...

Star Fox
Slippy: FOR DA MEMEZ
James: Hey Fox's dad isn't the worst idea and gen is somewhat more likely than anyone else so hey
Peppy: Important Star Fox member
Krystal: Even though she is an assist she is extremely popular and was considered for Brawl so maybe DLC
Pigma: He's important, I guess

Yoshi
Birdo: I ****in hate her but she is probably the most likely choice
Shy Guy: Rare personal bias but I love Shy Guy and he has been in all the Yoshi games so hey (While his trophies state he is a Mario character, multiple stickers from brawl say he is a Yoshi character)
Kamek: I guess he is a Yoshi charcter
Baby Mario/Baby Luigi: Baby Marios brawl trophy is in the Yoshi section. Maybe they could be like the ice climbers or something
Any other baby character: Eh

Pokemon
Decidueye: We need a grass starter
Blaziken: I love him and he DEFINITELY fits and also has fans and support, but we have a fire starter
Gengar: Popular also would be a nice addition
Machismo: He fits nuff said
Shadow Mewtwo: Echo I guess but do we really need him???

F Zero
Black Shadow: Main antagonist, probably be like Ganon but a bit faster
Samurai Goroh: Probably the second most popular character in F Zero and would actually have a unique moveset
Deathborn: The true big bad, but besides that he isn't much
Blood Falcon: Possible echo even though he's a skin
Anime Falcon: If I'm not mistaken there was this kid who became the new Falcon, I guess he could be a character, but probably not

Mother/Earthbound
Ninten: Just hope if they add him they actually let him use HIS OWN ABILITIES like seriously Ness and Lucas don't even learn most of there speci moves (Ness learns PK flash that's it)
Duster: Only main party member of Ness and Lucas' party not featured in any way yet.
Masked Man: Lucas' brother. He is pretty cool.
Porkly: I don't support it 1 bit but he's next in line.
Starman: Assist Trophy but had to put something

If there are any typos I was typing this on a phone.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm gonna do my pick for the OG 12:

Mario: (honestly they have most of the characters they need)

Toad/Captain Toad: New game and most of the bigger characters have been done
Waluigi: The people need him, maybe DLC
Paper Mario: He's popular
Geno: Probably won't, but he got a mii skin so...
Paper Luigi: They literally have everyone thats the only reason he is on this list

DK

Funky Kong: Self Explanatory
King K Rool: Self Explanatory
Dixie Kong : Also Self Explanatory
Cranky Kong: Prob won't happen but he would be next in line
Stanly: Retro Rep

Legends of Zelda

Impa: Series relevant, very popular, and it SHOULD NOT be an echo
Tingle: Hasn't been comfirmed yet for an assist trophy so...
Tetra: Toon Zelda why not
Lana: Hyrule Warriors rep I guess, seems pretty popular.
Skull Kid: Not confirmed as assist trophy yet

Metroid

Darks Samus: Not confirmed as an assist trophy, and Samus no longer has a Dark Samus alt so...
Sylux: Seems popular.
Adam: I guess...
Honestly i don't have anymore and don't know anything about Metroid so...

Kirby

Bandanna Dee: Do I need to say anything???
Marx: He seems more popular now
Galacta Knight: He is a skin but... he's got more of a chance then others so...
Magolor: Popular
Keeby: It's a skin but eh...

Star Fox
Slippy: FOR DA MEMEZ
James: Hey Fox's dad isn't the worst idea and gen is somewhat more likely than anyone else so hey
Peppy: Important Star Fox member
Krystal: Even though she is an assist she is extremely popular and was considered for Brawl so maybe DLC
Pigma: He's important, I guess

Yoshi
Birdo: I ****in hate her but she is probably the most likely choice
Shy Guy: Rare personal bias but I love Shy Guy and he has been in all the Yoshi games so hey (While his trophies state he is a Mario character, multiple stickers from brawl say he is a Yoshi character)
Kamek: I guess he is a Yoshi charcter
Baby Mario/Baby Luigi: Baby Marios brawl trophy is in the Yoshi section. Maybe they could be like the ice climbers or something
Any other baby character: Eh

Pokemon
Decidueye: We need a grass starter
Blaziken: I love him and he DEFINITELY fits and also has fans and support, but we have a fire starter
Gengar: Popular also would be a nice addition
Machismo: He fits nuff said
Shadow Mewtwo: Echo I guess but do we really need him???

F Zero
Black Shadow: Main antagonist, probably be like Ganon but a bit faster
Samurai Goroh: Probably the second most popular character in F Zero and would actually have a unique moveset
Deathborn: The true big bad, but besides that he isn't much
Blood Falcon: Possible echo even though he's a skin
Anime Falcon: If I'm not mistaken there was this kid who became the new Falcon, I guess he could be a character, but probably not

Mother/Earthbound
Ninten: Just hope if they add him they actually let him use HIS OWN ABILITIES like seriously Ness and Lucas don't even learn most of there speci moves (Ness learns PK flash that's it)
Duster: Only main party member of Ness and Lucas' party not featured in any way yet.
Masked Man: Lucas' brother. He is pretty cool.
Porkly: I don't support it 1 bit but he's next in line.
Starman: Assist Trophy but had to put something

If there are any typos I was typing this on a phone.
I can't believe I missed Tetra nice pick

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I'll bite.

Mario:
Geno, Waluigi, (Captain) Toad, Paper Mario, Pauline

DK:
King K. Rool (obviously), Dixie Kong, Funky Kong, Cranky Kong, Lanky Kong

Zelda:
Impa, Skull Kid, Midna, Ganon, Tetra

Metroid:
Dark Samus, Sylux, Kraid (lol), two more of the Hunters

Kirby:
Bandana Dee, Marx, Galacta Knight, Magolor, Daroach

Star Fox:
Krystal, Slippy, Peppy, Leon, Panther

Yoshi:
Kamek, Baby Mario+Luigi, Baby Bowser, no idea on others

Pokemon:
Decidueye, Blaziken, Zoroark, Deoxys, Gengar

F-Zero:
Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Pico, Blood Falcon, Jody Summer

EarthBound:
Ninten, Jeff, Poo, Paula, Giygas

Fire Emblem:
Tharja, Lyn, Anna, Hector, Chrom

Kid Icarus:
Hades, Viridi, Medusa, Phosphora, someone else idk

Metal Gear:
Raiden, Gray Fox, don't know series well enough for others

Sonic:
Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman, Rouge

Pikmin:
Alph, Louie, ???

Animal Crossing:
Isabelle, Tom Nook, ???

Mega Man:
Zero, Protoman, Bass, Roll, Dr. Wily

Punch-Out:
King Hippo, Sandman, Bald Bull, Soda Popinski, Glass Joe

Pac-Man:
Ms. Pac-Man, Inky, Blinky, Pinky, Clyde

Xenoblade:
Rex + Pyra, Elma, I'm sure there are other characters from this series

Street Fighter:
Ken, Chun-Li, Guile, M. Bison, Zangief

Final Fantasy:
Sephiroth, four other FF protagonists

Bayonetta:
Rodin, Jeanne, ???

Splatoon:
Octoling, ???

Ice Climber / Duck Hunt / R.O.B. / G & W / Wii Fit / Mii:
N/A

mewtwo_to_you_too

Smash Cadet

Earthbound

Splatoon
Thanks for your input I've changed a lot of my choices based on your suggestions after further research. Gonna dig more into Splatoon when I get home tonight and will be sure to give you the shout outs.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Interesting; I'd be happy to make a few suggestions and alterations to this list of yours.

Super Mario:
-Geno
-Captain Toad
-Paper Mario
-Kamek
-Baby Mario Bros
I'd argue that that Kamek actually counts as a Yoshi series (they have a different symbol) rather than a Mario series character, which slightly changes the way on considering the character's inclusion.​

Legend of Zelda:
-Midna & Wolf Link - Midna is STILL an assist trophy but the addition of Wolf Link would make one heck of a moveset (LoZ:TP is my fave in the series)
-Impa
-Tetra
-Revali - Figured a new character from the series needed an inclusion and I liked his personality a lot
-Darunia
I feel you are missing the most likely Zelda series character to be included from your list, that being Tingle. Whilst I'm aware he is disliked in the US, Tingle still is one of the most recurring Zelda series characters, has been the lead of 3-4 games, and thanks to those games, has plenty of options for a move-set. His creator also wanted to get him more liked, and a playable role in Smash would be one way to do that.​
When I think of Zelda series characters, Tingle is the one I'd expect the most... if we were to get anyone who isn't a variation of Link, Zelda or Ganondorf.​

Pokémon (1 per generation but left out 4 & 5):
-Decidueye - Gen 7
-Gengar - Gen 1 and always super popular
-Blaziken - Gen 3 and perfect for smash
-Suicune - Gen 2 and among my favorites ever since Crystal Version
-Hoopa - Among my favorites of the newer Pokémon, feel like his moveset could include the hoops and his Unbound form as a Final Smash
Unpopular opinion; I do not think Decidueye is likely. If Sakurai wanted to add a flying archer style character, he'd have done it with Pit. He passed on the perfect opportunity and instead changed Pit almost completely. In terms of Gen 7 Pokémon, I feel the likelier ones are less obvious, such as Type Null or even a UB like Nihilego.​
I wouldn't know who I'd suggest over him, but unless it's Eevee or perhaps Meowth, I doubt we'll have another Gen 1 Pokémon so I really doubt Gengar. I'd suggest a Gen 5 Pokémon in his place (I quite like the idea of Druddigon as a Charizard Echo, so that folks can have a Rock Smash using solo Charizard style character). Gen 4 is also worth considering a place due to how it'll likely have a remake after the Gen 8 games; it'd be a heck of an early promotion but is possible. Heck, you could make it Rotom and thus tie it to both Gen 4 and Gen 7.​

I'd love to comment on more of them but I don't have the time. Nice idea this!

mewtwo_to_you_too

Smash Cadet
Interesting; I'd be happy to make a few suggestions and alterations to this list of yours.

I'd argue that that Kamek actually counts as a Yoshi series (they have a different symbol) rather than a Mario series character, which slightly changes the way on considering the character's inclusion.​

I feel you are missing the most likely Zelda series character to be included from your list, that being Tingle. Whilst I'm aware he is disliked in the US, Tingle still is one of the most recurring Zelda series characters, has been the lead of 3-4 games, and thanks to those games, has plenty of options for a move-set. His creator also wanted to get him more liked, and a playable role in Smash would be one way to do that.​
When I think of Zelda series characters, Tingle is the one I'd expect the most... if we were to get anyone who isn't a variation of Link, Zelda or Ganondorf.​

Unpopular opinion; I do not think Decidueye is likely. If Sakurai wanted to add a flying archer style character, he'd have done it with Pit. He passed on the perfect opportunity and instead changed Pit almost completely. In terms of Gen 7 Pokémon, I feel the likelier ones are less obvious, such as Type Null or even a UB like Nihilego.​
I wouldn't know who I'd suggest over him, but unless it's Eevee or perhaps Meowth, I doubt we'll have another Gen 1 Pokémon so I really doubt Gengar. I'd suggest a Gen 5 Pokémon in his place (I quite like the idea of Druddigon as a Charizard Echo, so that folks can have a Rock Smash using solo Charizard style character). Gen 4 is also worth considering a place due to how it'll likely have a remake after the Gen 8 games; it'd be a heck of an early promotion but is possible. Heck, you could make it Rotom and thus tie it to both Gen 4 and Gen 7.​

I'd love to comment on more of them but I don't have the time. Nice idea this!
I lumped Mario and Yoshi together but I'll consider splitting them apart, I'm old school and have a hard time getting over that hurdle. As for LoZ, I'm about to dump Revali for Ganon or Vaati; Tingle IMO will never make it in even if there's DLC. And Pokémon are always hard for me to pick, I'm constantly bouncing around my choices but will make some alterations.

Ninja Fisto

Smash Rookie
Here are the rest of my choices

Fire Emblem
Chrom: Robins Final Smash has yet to be revealed, and the reason for him not being included in smash 4 was Bull****. I loved Awakening and always thought Chrom was the best character in the game, and I would say he is probably one if not THE best Fire Emblem character to add
Black Knight: Need more villains, and Black Knight is also pretty popular.
Celica: Seems to be more popular after Shadows of Valentia (amazing game btw). Also could use magic so she isnt ONLY SWORD
Lyn: Yes she is an assist, but she is also the most popular female character, and she also uses a bow. I wouldnt be surprised if she became DLC and I would pay for it.
Leif: He was actually considered for Melee if im not mistaken before Roy was decided on. Thats it really.

Kid Icarus: (Not gonna lie, I dont know **** about this)
Medusa: Main villain apparently
Viridi: Popular and important character
Magnus and Phosphura: Both are unconfirmed if they are returning for assist trophies so...
I dont know any other characters

Pikmin:
All those party members (Alph, Louie etc.): All of them could be echoes however 1/4 will be added in if any
Once again I dont know much about Pikmin

Metal Gear:
Raiden: Got a game for himself and he is extremely popular. He definitely would be amazing in Smash
Grey Fox: Is not yet confirmed as an assist trophy but I feel as likely as he is, he is not to likely. Though I would love to see him.
Big Boss: Echo Fighter also really popular
Liquid: Echo maybe?
Ocelot: Also popular. All these characters are extremely popular, but as a 3rd party if we are lucky maybe 1 of them will make it in.

Sonic:
Shadow: Once again, he has not been confirmed as an assist, and he is really popular, so I think he is the most popular 3RD PARTY character.
Tails: He has been there since the beginning, he deserves it.
Silver: I noticed that Sonics silver colored alt was removed, but thats about it.
Eggman: Popular, a villain, but he isnt that good for smash imo
Amy: Popular and stuff

Animal Crossing: No clue about this series at all, like no clue at all

Mega Man:
Proto Man: Just cause he is in a final smash doesnt mean I dont think he could make it in.
Zero: He would be number 1 but he is a Mega Man X character.
Base: Popular
Elec Man: Not confirmed as an assist yet
Wily: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pac Man: There are like, 3 characters in Pac Man honestly, and Ms Pac Man could be an echo, thats it.

Little Mac:
Honestly each of the boxers have about an equal chance of getting in. (Which is 0 but)

Xenoblade:
Pyra: I DONT NEED TO SAY **** NINTENDO PLEASE
Rex: Main character of Xenoblade 2
Elma: Popular
KOS-MOS: Made it into Project X Zone 2, there is a chance.
Fiora: Also Project X Zone 2

Street Fighter
Ken: THE OG Echo Fighter
Chun Li: Most deserving non Echo Fighter material here
M Bison: The most recurring main antagonist.
Akuma: Best character in Street Fighter hands down
Sagat: Pretty popular

Final Fantasy:
Black Mage: SSF2 did pretty good, Smash can too
Sephiroph: Antagonist of FF 7. Pretty popular
Tifa: Popular
FF 15 character: Apparently, the game was good.
Zack: Cloud echo or something

Bayonetta:
NERF BAYO
NERF BAYO
NERF BAYO
NERF BAYO
NERF BAYO

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'll do one for the third parties that I know of for now:

Street Fighter: Ken Masters, Chun-Li, M. Bison, Guile & Sakura.
Megaman: Roll, Zero, Dr. Wily, X & Cutman.
Final Fantasy: Terra Branford, Noctis, Tidus, Sephiroth & Tifa Lockheart.

slambros

Smash Ace
Haven't posted in a while and this seems like a nice opportunity to so so again.

Mario
1) Geno - I mean, come on. I've never played Super Mario RPG and I still think the guy seems like a great candidate.
2) Mallow - With a small amount of Mario characters I actually want, I'd welcome the other Super Mario RPG rep with open arms.
3) Koopa Troopa - I'm dead serious here. Koopa Troopa is a recognizable figure in gaming for sure and his moveset could be interesting. Dry Bones could be an Echo.
4) Broque Monsieur - This obscure pick from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story had fan favorite potential if Nintendo wouldn't insist on leaving RPG characters behind forever. He's a wildcard pick because he's funny and neat.
5) MC Ballyhoo - A wildcard Echo for Mario, this host of Mario Party 8 and his talking hat were the duo of Mario and Cappy eleven years before that was a thing. That'd be a great way to have a representative for Mario Party.

Donkey Kong
1) King K. Rool - No nostalgia or anything... we just need more heavy characters.
2) Dixie Kong - I mustn't bother explaining why Dixie Kong would be a great character for Smash.
3) Cranky Kong - If we can't have Scrooge McDuck... if we can't have Shovel Knight... then let's have Cranky Kong, with his pogo stick of a cane.
4) Funky Kong - To the left. Take it back now, ya'll. One hop this time! Cha-cha real smooth...
5) Lanky Kong - Have you ever wondered how one of those red monkeys from that barrel of monkeys toy would play in Smash? If so, Lanky Kong is for you.

Yoshi
1) Stork - An ally of Yoshi, this bird would be a very abstracy choice, and I encourage the development team to think abstractly with one or two newcomers.
2) Kamek - Yoshi's main enemy not counting Bowser, this choice would be pretty neat.
3) Shy Guy - This little red-hooded embodiment of bashfulness is to Yoshi what Goomba is to Mario. That, and they're iconic in they're own right. Base a little bit of the moveset on the recurring tribal aesthetic and boom, you've got a moveset.
4) Birdo - I'm a fan of Birdo, to be honest.
5) Poochy - Ivysaur is currently the only character in the roster who fights on all fours (please correct me if I'm wrong). We can change that by adding Poochy, one of Nintendo's most adorable characters in my opinion.

Warioware
1) 9-Volt - The guy's already an homage to gaming in general.
2) Jimmy T - I'll give you one word: DISCO.
3) Mona - I like Mona. She's likable. That's a good thing.
4) Young Cricket - I mean, he's a martial artist.
5) Ashley - I'm not really a fan of Ashley but I'll include her to fill out this list. Those saying she'd have a good moveset are probably right.

The Legend of Zelda
1) Skull Kid - The guy could have a capoeira-based moveset and everything. There really isn't any other Zelda rep I support more than Skull Kid.
(2-5 are the guardians from BotW for me.)

(Metroid is being skipped, with acknowledgement that Sylux and Dark Samus would be good reps.)

Kirby
1) Bandana Dee - Spear-based moveset, fourth Kirby rep, charmingly nonexistant personality... he's got it all.
2) Adeline - Hopefully I'm spelling her name right. And hopefully she gets in over Vince from Art Academy.
3) Daroach - This character is pretty cool.
4) Marx - He's only this low on the list because he scares me a little.
5) Chef Kawasaki - Because I'm sure he can cook up quite a battle. That, and we should put Kirby's old Final Smash (the one from Brawl) to use.

Star Fox
1) Krystal - My first choice has gotta be Krystal. She'd have a great moveset and would diversify the Star Fox representation. (Of course she's deconfirmed, but still.)
2) Slippy - He'd be unique for sure. More unique than other potential Star Fox choices.
3) Peppy - DO A BARREL ROLL
4) Leon - He'd be a Star Fox rep that would play and feel different from Fox and Falco even as a semi-clone, as he is a Chameleon. And I think he's a rival to Falco, so at least one playable sidekick would get their rival (sorry Luigi).
5) General Pepper - He had to get the position of General somehow. I'm sure he's a good fighter.

Pokemon
1) Hitmonchan - Self-explanatory.
2) Empoleon - Personal bias. He was my first starter.
3) Decidueye - I'm sure he'd be a pretty good choice.
4) Scizor - The coolest Bug-Type by a longshot imo.
5) Lopunny - Even with the character being a plain normal type, I'd be supporting this. There's a lot of mileage you can get from just normal attacks.
(Gardevoir is an honorable mention because I do not expect the devs to break her out of that poke ball for this installment.)

Fire Emblem
Many, many good choices here.
1) Lyn - She seems iconic. I like her just by her design. (I know she's deconfirmed, but still.)
2) Ephraim - A spear fighter, and a memento from when I played Sacres Stones as a 3DS Ambassador.
3) Donnel - Having Ephraim kinda defeats the purpose of having this guy, but this guy's one of my favorites. He's a real underdog.
4) Edelgard - I heard this girl might be an axe-wielder, and that'd be a great opportunity to add one to Smash.
5) Micaiah - She'd be a great way to rep Radiant Dawn and, as it's been expressed by another poster, Fire Emblem does need a mage rep besides Robin.

Mother/Earthbound
1) Ninten - He'd be an easy Echo.
2) Poo - He's a martial artist.
3) Kumatora - Maybe it's the pink hair that sells her to me. I dunno.
4) Duster - He'd bring something new to the table as an older character in the Mother universe.
5) Ness's Dad - I know we never actually see Ness's Dad in Earthbound, but if he can pick up the phone every time Ness calls him, he can surely fight in Smash. Right?

F-Zero
1) Samurai Goroh - I mean, come on, he's got a sword and everything.
2) Doctor Stewart - Somebody's gotta heal the fighters when they suffer from too many Smash attacks.
3) The Girl With The Afro - For diversity. And to open up more narrative threads for F-Zero, to incentivize new games.
4) Black Shadow - He's the closest thing to Batman we have.
5) Dai Goroh - I think this guy is playable in GX. He'd be pretty interesting. I dunno.

Kid Icarus
1) Viridi - Easy Palutena Echo.
2) Magnus - I've always wantes this guy.
3) Eggplant Wizard - Series lineage.
4) Phosphora - She'd have an interesting electricity-style moveset, unless everyone thinks Pikachu's already got that covered.
5) Monoeye - I dunno how he'd fight but he's got an iconic look.

Pikmin
1) Louie - An easy Olimar Echo.
2) Mr. President - An easy Olimar Echo.
3) Alph - An easy Olimar Echo.
4) Brittany - An easy Olimar Echo.
5) Charlie - An easy Olimar Echo.

Animal Crossing
1) Tom Nook - The guy is just RUTHLESS.
2) Isabelle - She can help you out, and she can fight in Smash. Just like Ness's Dad. Probably.
3) K.K. Slider - A face of the series, this guy would be welcome in Smash.
4) Joan - She sells turnips. Peach fights with turnips. Bingo.
5) Leif - If she's tenacious enough to go into your town when there's too many weeds, she's tenacious enough to fight in Smash.

Splatoon
1) Octolings - Obvious Echo.
2) Sheldon - I'd like to see his knowledge of weaponry put to good use.
3) Spyke - His sea urchin hair would give him great Smash attacks.
4) Judd - A great substitute if the rights to Jibanyan cannot be acquired.
5) Crusty Sean - How in the world would anyone not want to play as a guy named Crusty Sean?!

Punch-Out!!
1) King Hippo - He'd be a new heavy, that much is for sure.
2) Doc Louis - Little Mac's main ally would probably have a joke moveset, but he might still be pretty interesting.
3) Glass Joe - He'd make for a nice punching bag.
4) Disco Kid - I'll give you one word: DISCO.
5) Bald Bull - After a lot of thought, I gave the final spot to him just because he's a pretty quintessential character.

Xenoblade
1) Elma - She's a main character of Xenoblade Chronicles X and she would bring diversity to the roster, so she's got my vote for sure.
2) Rex/Pyrrha - It'd certainly be interesting for sure.
3) Fiora - I'm nostalgic for the time when everyone was bandwagoning for her just before the release of Smash 3DS, when the roster leaked.
4) Riki - The guy may be annoying, and he may be deconfirmed as part of Shulk's final Smash, but I think the roster needs more cutesy, non-human fighters.
5) Reyn - Cool design. Fan favorite. Yada yada.

Sonic
1) Tails - You absolutely have to have Tails; him and Sonic are two peas in a pod.
2) Shadow - An obvious Echo character.
3) Dr. Eggman - He's the main villain of the series and he's pretty iconic.
4) Amy Rose - The roster needs another character with an obligatory hammer attack.
5) Espio - I've always liked Espio.

I'm gonna skip Metal Gear Solid because I don't think I know enough about the series. Same with Mega Man, though I think Zero would be cool.

Street Fighter
1) Chun-Li - She's an icon. That, and she'd have an interesting moveset for sure.
2) Ken - He'd make a great Echo.
3) Guile - Maybe it's the patriotism. Maybe it's the sonic boom attack. Maybe it's the hair. I dunno. I just think Guile is really awesome.
4) Dhalsim - I wanna see this guy battle Lanky Kong.
5) Makoto - NOTHING BEATS RINDO-KAN KARATE

Well, I got quite comedic with a few of those entries, I guess. I dunno. I think most of today's better potential newcomers are from unrepresented series right now. But it's fun to make a list like this just to think about the possibilities. Even if many of them are kind of ridiculous and far-fetched.

:131:

Troykv

Smash Master
I'll avoid franchises I don't know enough; or don't have enough proper choices.

Mario.-

1.- Geno (He's very cool; and I think he would be very fun to play for someone like me xD)
2.- Captain Toad (The obvious choice, because Toad, and his own sub-series and being very very recognizable the image of Toad/Kinopio)
3.- Waluigi (I like him)
4.- Paper Mario
5.- Fawful (Because why not? He has fury)

Donkey Kong

1.- King K. Rool (The King is back!)
2.- Dixie Kong
3.- Cranky Kong (This old ape is my favorite kong xD)
4.- Funky Kong (He's very funky)
5.- Lanky Kong (Because he actually has style)

Zelda

1.- Skull Kid/Majora (*Insert creepy laugh*)
2.- Mipha
3.- Daruk
4.- Urbosa
5.- Revali

Kirby.-

1.- Bandana Waddle Dee (The good ol' reliable)
2.- Adeleine (One of my favorites characters from the Kirby Series)
3.- Dark Matter (Pretty much the essence of the villanity in the Kirby Series)
4.- Marx (Very cool)
5.- Magolor (I like his powers)

Pokémon (TOO MANY good choices, I'll just select some relevant ones and some that I would really like that aren't dumb ideas)

1.- Decidueye
2.- Gengar
3.- Swampert
4.- Scizor
5.- Sceptile

Fire Emblem (There are also many choices; not as many as with Pokémon; but I really have to play the favorite card this time xD)

1.- Micaiah (Bias aside; I always have though that she would have the potential to be a character very different compared with the normal lords; and compared with other magic based characters, she is also associated with Staves to get some additional niches :3)
2.- Lyndis (She is mostly here because she had become the most popular character not already in Smash; and IS has finally noticed that... even Sakurai notice before them hahahaha.)
3.- Hector (Because yeah... axes and fan favorite)
4.- Celica (She would be fun and easy to fit to many ideas)
5.- Ephraim... but also would work other spear users (Because using spears is cool).

... Sometimes I feel like I need to explore more character threads xDU

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Haven't posted in a while and this seems like a nice opportunity to so so again.

Mario
1) Geno - I mean, come on. I've never played Super Mario RPG and I still think the guy seems like a great candidate.
2) Mallow - With a small amount of Mario characters I actually want, I'd welcome the other Super Mario RPG rep with open arms.
3) Koopa Troopa - I'm dead serious here. Koopa Troopa is a recognizable figure in gaming for sure and his moveset could be interesting. Dry Bones could be an Echo.
4) Broque Monsieur - This obscure pick from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story had fan favorite potential if Nintendo wouldn't insist on leaving RPG characters behind forever. He's a wildcard pick because he's funny and neat.
5) MC Ballyhoo - A wildcard Echo for Mario, this host of Mario Party 8 and his talking hat were the duo of Mario and Cappy eleven years before that was a thing. That'd be a great way to have a representative for Mario Party.

Donkey Kong
1) King K. Rool - No nostalgia or anything... we just need more heavy characters.
2) Dixie Kong - I mustn't bother explaining why Dixie Kong would be a great character for Smash.
3) Cranky Kong - If we can't have Scrooge McDuck... if we can't have Shovel Knight... then let's have Cranky Kong, with his pogo stick of a cane.
4) Funky Kong - To the left. Take it back now, ya'll. One hop this time! Cha-cha real smooth...
5) Lanky Kong - Have you ever wondered how one of those red monkeys from that barrel of monkeys toy would play in Smash? If so, Lanky Kong is for you.

Yoshi
1) Stork - An ally of Yoshi, this bird would be a very abstracy choice, and I encourage the development team to think abstractly with one or two newcomers.
2) Kamek - Yoshi's main enemy not counting Bowser, this choice would be pretty neat.
3) Shy Guy - This little red-hooded embodiment of bashfulness is to Yoshi what Goomba is to Mario. That, and they're iconic in they're own right. Base a little bit of the moveset on the recurring tribal aesthetic and boom, you've got a moveset.
4) Birdo - I'm a fan of Birdo, to be honest.
5) Poochy - Ivysaur is currently the only character in the roster who fights on all fours (please correct me if I'm wrong). We can change that by adding Poochy, one of Nintendo's most adorable characters in my opinion.

Warioware
1) 9-Volt - The guy's already an homage to gaming in general.
2) Jimmy T - I'll give you one word: DISCO.
3) Mona - I like Mona. She's likable. That's a good thing.
4) Young Cricket - I mean, he's a martial artist.
5) Ashley - I'm not really a fan of Ashley but I'll include her to fill out this list. Those saying she'd have a good moveset are probably right.

The Legend of Zelda
1) Skull Kid - The guy could have a capoeira-based moveset and everything. There really isn't any other Zelda rep I support more than Skull Kid.
(2-5 are the guardians from BotW for me.)

(Metroid is being skipped, with acknowledgement that Sylux and Dark Samus would be good reps.)

Kirby
1) Bandana Dee - Spear-based moveset, fourth Kirby rep, charmingly nonexistant personality... he's got it all.
2) Adeline - Hopefully I'm spelling her name right. And hopefully she gets in over Vince from Art Academy.
3) Daroach - This character is pretty cool.
4) Marx - He's only this low on the list because he scares me a little.
5) Chef Kawasaki - Because I'm sure he can cook up quite a battle. That, and we should put Kirby's old Final Smash (the one from Brawl) to use.

Star Fox
1) Krystal - My first choice has gotta be Krystal. She'd have a great moveset and would diversify the Star Fox representation. (Of course she's deconfirmed, but still.)
2) Slippy - He'd be unique for sure. More unique than other potential Star Fox choices.
3) Peppy - DO A BARREL ROLL
4) Leon - He'd be a Star Fox rep that would play and feel different from Fox and Falco even as a semi-clone, as he is a Chameleon. And I think he's a rival to Falco, so at least one playable sidekick would get their rival (sorry Luigi).
5) General Pepper - He had to get the position of General somehow. I'm sure he's a good fighter.

Pokemon
1) Hitmonchan - Self-explanatory.
2) Empoleon - Personal bias. He was my first starter.
3) Decidueye - I'm sure he'd be a pretty good choice.
4) Scizor - The coolest Bug-Type by a longshot imo.
5) Lopunny - Even with the character being a plain normal type, I'd be supporting this. There's a lot of mileage you can get from just normal attacks.
(Gardevoir is an honorable mention because I do not expect the devs to break her out of that poke ball for this installment.)

Fire Emblem
Many, many good choices here.
1) Lyn - She seems iconic. I like her just by her design. (I know she's deconfirmed, but still.)
2) Ephraim - A spear fighter, and a memento from when I played Sacres Stones as a 3DS Ambassador.
3) Donnel - Having Ephraim kinda defeats the purpose of having this guy, but this guy's one of my favorites. He's a real underdog.
4) Edelgard - I heard this girl might be an axe-wielder, and that'd be a great opportunity to add one to Smash.
5) Micaiah - She'd be a great way to rep Radiant Dawn and, as it's been expressed by another poster, Fire Emblem does need a mage rep besides Robin.

Mother/Earthbound
1) Ninten - He'd be an easy Echo.
2) Poo - He's a martial artist.
3) Kumatora - Maybe it's the pink hair that sells her to me. I dunno.
4) Duster - He'd bring something new to the table as an older character in the Mother universe.
5) Ness's Dad - I know we never actually see Ness's Dad in Earthbound, but if he can pick up the phone every time Ness calls him, he can surely fight in Smash. Right?

F-Zero
1) Samurai Goroh - I mean, come on, he's got a sword and everything.
2) Doctor Stewart - Somebody's gotta heal the fighters when they suffer from too many Smash attacks.
3) The Girl With The Afro - For diversity. And to open up more narrative threads for F-Zero, to incentivize new games.
4) Black Shadow - He's the closest thing to Batman we have.
5) Dai Goroh - I think this guy is playable in GX. He'd be pretty interesting. I dunno.

Kid Icarus
1) Viridi - Easy Palutena Echo.
2) Magnus - I've always wantes this guy.
3) Eggplant Wizard - Series lineage.
4) Phosphora - She'd have an interesting electricity-style moveset, unless everyone thinks Pikachu's already got that covered.
5) Monoeye - I dunno how he'd fight but he's got an iconic look.

Pikmin
1) Louie - An easy Olimar Echo.
2) Mr. President - An easy Olimar Echo.
3) Alph - An easy Olimar Echo.
4) Brittany - An easy Olimar Echo.
5) Charlie - An easy Olimar Echo.

Animal Crossing
1) Tom Nook - The guy is just RUTHLESS.
2) Isabelle - She can help you out, and she can fight in Smash. Just like Ness's Dad. Probably.
3) K.K. Slider - A face of the series, this guy would be welcome in Smash.
4) Joan - She sells turnips. Peach fights with turnips. Bingo.
5) Leif - If she's tenacious enough to go into your town when there's too many weeds, she's tenacious enough to fight in Smash.

Splatoon
1) Octolings - Obvious Echo.
2) Sheldon - I'd like to see his knowledge of weaponry put to good use.
3) Spyke - His sea urchin hair would give him great Smash attacks.
4) Judd - A great substitute if the rights to Jibanyan cannot be acquired.
5) Crusty Sean - How in the world would anyone not want to play as a guy named Crusty Sean?!

Punch-Out!!
1) King Hippo - He'd be a new heavy, that much is for sure.
2) Doc Louis - Little Mac's main ally would probably have a joke moveset, but he might still be pretty interesting.
3) Glass Joe - He'd make for a nice punching bag.
4) Disco Kid - I'll give you one word: DISCO.
5) Bald Bull - After a lot of thought, I gave the final spot to him just because he's a pretty quintessential character.

Xenoblade
1) Elma - She's a main character of Xenoblade Chronicles X and she would bring diversity to the roster, so she's got my vote for sure.
2) Rex/Pyrrha - It'd certainly be interesting for sure.
3) Fiora - I'm nostalgic for the time when everyone was bandwagoning for her just before the release of Smash 3DS, when the roster leaked.
4) Riki - The guy may be annoying, and he may be deconfirmed as part of Shulk's final Smash, but I think the roster needs more cutesy, non-human fighters.
5) Reyn - Cool design. Fan favorite. Yada yada.

Sonic
1) Tails - You absolutely have to have Tails; him and Sonic are two peas in a pod.
2) Shadow - An obvious Echo character.
3) Dr. Eggman - He's the main villain of the series and he's pretty iconic.
4) Amy Rose - The roster needs another character with an obligatory hammer attack.
5) Espio - I've always liked Espio.

I'm gonna skip Metal Gear Solid because I don't think I know enough about the series. Same with Mega Man, though I think Zero would be cool.

Street Fighter
1) Chun-Li - She's an icon. That, and she'd have an interesting moveset for sure.
2) Ken - He'd make a great Echo.
3) Guile - Maybe it's the patriotism. Maybe it's the sonic boom attack. Maybe it's the hair. I dunno. I just think Guile is really awesome.
4) Dhalsim - I wanna see this guy battle Lanky Kong.
5) Makoto - NOTHING BEATS RINDO-KAN KARATE

Well, I got quite comedic with a few of those entries, I guess. I dunno. I think most of today's better potential newcomers are from unrepresented series right now. But it's fun to make a list like this just to think about the possibilities. Even if many of them are kind of ridiculous and far-fetched.

:131:
Duuude the Stork is such an interesting pick

mewtwo_to_you_too

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm popping up a new thread like this for new series. The format might be a little different but there will be separate threads for 1st and 3rd Party characters. Be sure to check it out! Thanks for everyone's help up to this point!

Top Bottom