• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Exclusive: SuperGirlKels Picked Up by BOT Empire

This afternoon, eSports organization BOT Empire has announced their acquisition of Kelsy "SuperGirlKels" Medeiros.

This is the first Super Smash Bros. For Wii U player acquired by BOT Empire. SuperGirlKels is considered one of the best Sonic Players in the whole scene on Smash 4. While this is the first Smash Wii U player, BOT Empire is not completely new to the Smash scene, being the fame of rising commentator Nightwing 2024

We have an exclusive interview with both SuperGirlKels and BOT Empire lead Jake Heiserman here,

Lucas Guimaraes: Who is BOT Empire?

Jake Heiserman(BOT Empire Lead): My name is Jake Heiserman; owner and founder of BOT Empire. BOT Empire is a North American organization known for eSports & Gaming Entertainment. BOT Empire originated in the midwest predominantly and was founded in Kansas, USA.

BOT Empire to this point has been a sponsor for console & pc based FPS gaming titles such as Call of Duty, Smite, Gears of War, CS:GO, & more. We aren't completely new to the Smash 4 scene though. We currently are home to Kyle @Nightwing2024 Weis who is an up and coming commentator in the Midwest Smash 4 scene.

BOT Empire placed 3rd at Gears of War 4 Columbus 300k in the current million dollar pro circuit in November of 2016. This was our first real splash in the eSports industry and we are going into this 2017 year with a lot of momentum.

L: So, why Super Smash Bros?

J: I (Jake Heiserman or Heiser) am personally excited to dive into the Smash 4 title for a multitude of reasons.

To me, Smash 4 is home to hundreds of talented professionals. Not merely professionals of the game but professionals in character. In addition, the fact that you can bring loyal and motivated personalities under your brand is a huge asset to success. Smash 4 is the perfect title to develop long term connections and active fan bases by working with a few exceptional players over a long period of time.

Smash 4 with Kelsy will be a new beginning for BOT Empire. We have a lot to learn but our team of motivated members will adapt quick to it.

L: What do you think of BOT Empire and what does the Sponsorship now present you to do?

SGK: I've had really amazing feedback about BOT, before joining them I was talking with Nightwing who is an amazing commentator and TO of the smash scene who works with BOT since they started (2 years ago). At the time I was talking to other offers, and when he approached me about speaking with BOT I was curious but at the same time I didn't expect to choose them. But once checking out their players, receiving great feedback about how organized this team is, how they're always so supportive and treat you like a family: getting everything done as soon as possible and focuses on achieving goals as a team: it really triggered my attention because that's the kind organization that I've been searching for for a long time.

They really respect my full time job at Ubisoft, but see my desires as a player, content creator, music artist, broadcaster and more. We share the same goals and desires bringing BOT into the Smash fighting scene. They're known for shooters at the moment, I'm really fortunate to be representing them as their first Smash 4 player and fighting game player in general. I'm truly blessed and thank them for giving me the opportunity to be sent to amazin gevents this year such as CEO , EVO , 2GG and more.

L: Why Kelsy (SuperGirlKels)?

J: Without questions, Kelsy is known for her charisma, kind heart, and seemingly viral positive attitude. It doesn't stop there, she's personable, giving, compassionate, comical. On a more competitive side she is experienced, she is arguably the best or one of the best female players in Smash 4. She is a fierce competitor that is always looking for way to improve, seeking advice, and showing EVERY opponent respect win or lose. Kelsy is the perfect player for BOT Empire. We represent family with a perfect mix of performance and competition. She mirrors this representation with her personality. SuperGirlKels will be a long term partner of our brand. We are for sure of it because our team thinks the same as she does. We believe in hands on and personable support of her as our player and will do everything we can to improve her personal brand, our brand, and set her on the track to success in the coming months.

L: Can you tell us anything about your career before or a little bit more about yourself?

SGK: I've been playing smash since I was about 13 in the old brawl days but went competitive in 2014 at the age of 17, Smash 4 was like my new start and now that I was finally old enough I wanted to test my limits with this game that I have SO much passion for. I wanted to bring out the best in Sonic because this game has really brought some of the best parts and features about me as an individual myself out. 2015 was all about training and 2016 being the test finally able to travel to USA majors, I had a rough beginning and was able to grow from that ending it as the best smash 4 year playing extremely consistent results all year, I was really happy!

L: What should we expect from both of you this year, both in and outside of Super SMash Bros?

J: BOT Empire will be working hand in hand with SGK by marketing her talent and personality, aiding her in attending more events than any year previous, and helping her find herself as a Smash 4 Professional Athlete. It just happens to be that Kelsy used the Purple Sonic Main in game which meshed with our color scheme (haha! Kinda cool!). Kelsy will be attending Frostbite, EVO, CEO, Big House, 2GG, and potentially more events over the year. She will be attending Canadian events weekly & potentially multiple midwest venues in addition to the events listed above (SnS, MM8). We are going to be working on our toes to get her to any and every event possible as long as it doesn't interfere with her personal well being. Expect a large amount of SuperGirlKels streams, content, tournament performances, and entertaining projects over the next year. BOT Empire will be keeping ourselves busy finding different ways to entertain our audience.

SGK: Getting into 2017, my goals with BOT thanks to them is to be able to travel out more.

As said I will be attending a lot more majors, and that's great. To meet new people, and have opportunities to play with all sort of players it only means a whole lot of new experiences are coming that is going to improve my skillset as well as me as a person. I'm still "new" when it comes to competitive I have a lot to learn and I'm excited to do that with BOT by my side. I would REALLY love to achieve taking out some PG players, I know I can do it, I just gotta keep working! but one step at a time, its all about the fun. It's priority.

Out of smash, I just started back up Youtube again 2 videos a month featuring vlogging, skits, smash 4 of course and more. Anything that can help improve me as a public speaker, and entertainer. I'm streaming a lot more as well, I want to host some more tournaments. Being a TO and hopefully help the community grow is what makes Smash continue down the road = more challengers, more learning. and of course, I'm working on my 3rd album and it;s something COMPLETELY different and I'm excited for people to listen to it. I have a bunch planned and I'm taking one step at a time, just like I take one game at a time, one lesson and one amazing adventure to tell someday!

You can check out SuperGirlKes' Twitter Youtube and Twitch. You'll be seeing more of her soon at CEO, Frostbite, Big House, 2GG, and many other events this year along with plenty of SuperGirlKels content.

Last edited:
Josh Olalde

Comments

*Medeiros <- Correct spelling of her last name.

I know she will do well in BOT Empire, just as shown before.

Last edited:
I remember when she did a collab with someone in 2014 on youtube. Thats all I know her for though, didnt think she was in the scene. Anyways, good for her!

Top Bottom