• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Exclusive Sheik Tech?

Kook

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
Kook#738
NNID
clydebuggins
3DS FC
0232-7724-2951
Hey there. I've been greatly interested in Melee for about five years, however, fell in and out of playing as I didn't really have a computer that could consistently run it until this year. I would say I'm maybe around the intermediate/rookie level, and I main Sheik (since my roommate taught me how to play her.) I was wondering, besides the generic tech that is applicable to all characters, is there any tech I should learn/ practice for Sheik specifically?

Thanks!

Broder Daniel

Smash Rookie
One thing that's kind of exclusive to Shiek is boost grabbing, or dash cancel grab. It's done by dashing, hitting A and then Z almost instantly. Gives you a little extra reach which helps you with tech chasing etc. I think all characters can do this but Shiek really benefits from it.
There's also double poof to ledge, which is not super useful but it looks cool and sometimes helps. It's done by inputting up b as you run off the ledge and then hold in to snap on.

Other techs that I find very useful for Shiek is run cancel tilts. As you enter run, move the stick down and release to exit run and that will allow you to do a tilt almost instantly out of run.

I'm not a Shiek player but these are the things I use when playing Shiek

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Not a shiek player myself, but from a general standpoint I would say practice chain grabs and combos from downthrow. You should have a good idea what percent range you can chaingrab certain characters in, when you'll be able to downthrow+fair certain characters, etc.

Shiek also has a shorten for her upB, though I'm very unfamiliar with that and only know of its existence by hearing commentators mention it during an online tournament. That might be something to research, as well as ledge stalling with her upB similar to how Fox and Falco do. I don't actually know if she can invincible ledgestall with upB or if it's exploitable but I'm sure someone that plays her can clarify.

Top Bottom