• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ex Heavyweight Boxing Champion! Doc Louis for Smash Switch

UserKev

Smash Champion
Welcome to the Doc Louis support thread.​

Doc Louis is the former heavyweight of Punch Out and trainer of Little Mac who pushed him to his limits that aided him to reach Smash.

Why I choose to create Doc's thread? Because who wouldn't want to see Little Mac duke it out beside his trainer who motivated his legacy? Who's to say there could have been multiple Macs if trained by someone different? The Little Mac we all know and love is influenced by Doc Louis.

Moveset Potential. Doc Louis is a former heavyweight champion for a reason. He's also the inventor of Little Mac's Star Punch, so why wouldn't Doc's be more powerful? Doc would obviously have something up his sleeve. That along with wisdom. Doc would play out as a slowish threat due to the absences of his prime but, wouldn't be ultimately his weakness. He'd need time to catch his breath after multiple uses of his forward smashers as an example but, if hit, its gonna seriously raise your damage percentage like Little Mac's power meter. Some of Doc's attacks would cause the foe to flinch before knock back. Also, Doc's chocolate bar could work as a healer in one of his taunts, giving you a glimpse of how Doc could play out and be unique.

May need to add more but this is all I got for now.

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
If we get a new punch out rep he’s the first choice.
He even had a model in smash 4, he could be an easy heavyweight semi clone.

Not to mention it’s about time smash gets some diversity, and more punch out love.

I fully support!

This should be his side special or his entrance animation

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I fully support.

Doc's such a likable guy I think he'd be fun to duke it out/chomp some chocolate with. Genuinely a potential clone character I'd actually be excited to play as.

UserKev

Smash Champion
If we get a new punch out rep he’s the first choice.
He even had a model in smash 4, he could be an easy heavyweight semi clone.

Not to mention it’s about time smash gets some diversity, and more punch out love.

I fully support!

This should be his side special or his entrance animation
From what I seen, King Hippo is usually mentioned over Doc Louis, which I never really understood. That's his competition I would consider though.

I fully support.

Doc's such a likable guy I think he'd be fun to duke it out/chomp some chocolate with. Genuinely a potential clone character I'd actually be excited to play as.
Honestly, Doc Louis has a cool concept. Haha He'd be clone like but a buff clone. This is the beginning of his support so hopefully he's warmed up to as realized.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
From what I seen, King Hippo is usually mentioned over Doc Louis, which I never really understood. That's his competition I would consider though.
He’s not even the champion, the only other competition is Mr. Sandman, who I would also be okay with but he’s not as iconic.

UserKev

Smash Champion
He’s not even the champion, the only other competition is Mr. Sandman, who I would also be okay with but he’s not as iconic.
Mr. Sandman would be random as hell. Haha I can even see my self remaking a support thread for Doc Louis because he's the clear next option for Punch Out.

He has a unique gimmick that Smash is missing.

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Somewhat related, but if they don't just reuse Boxing Ring as Mac's stage, I'd like to see Doc's Gym where they train in Punch-Out Wii's cutscenes and Mac's reveal trailer. That would be neat.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I'm on board with Doc. He's got so much personality.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm on board with Doc. He's got so much personality.
Doc Louis is on my ultimate Smash roster. He's a smash character and could bring fun commentaries. He could be the commentary of Smash. In Vs. matches to be specific. Haha

On certain miss ups, he'd communicate with the foe.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I recently watched a Top 10 Video about how Doc Louis could be a fun Smash Character and I am starting to actually want it because of that video.

I support

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Doc would definitely be a fun character, but I personally think that King Hippo would be the ideal second Punch-Out rep.

I'd definitely be happy to see Doc though. Don't think he has much of a chance because of his role in Mac's taunts and victory screen.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Doc would definitely be a fun character, but I personally think that King Hippo would be the ideal second Punch-Out rep.

I'd definitely be happy to see Doc though. Don't think he has much of a chance because of his role in Mac's taunts and victory screen.
Haha Doc Louis is a way more important character than King Hippo. I'm honestly shocked you don't see the historic difference. King Hippo would be basically King K. Rool.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Doc Louis could be one of the most amazing echoes, my hype for dude has risen in repeat. I could potentially see his Forward Dash as a rush stomach slam.

Top Bottom