• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evolution of Trophy/Collectable Gallery Themes in the Super Smash Bros series

What's your favorite theme?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melee

• Brawl

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Smash 4

• Ultimate

• Total voters

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
The Gallery has always been a well beloved feature of the Super Smash Bros series, whether they housed puppets (64), trophies (Melee, Brawl, Smash 4), stickers (Brawl), or spirits (Ultimate). When players got worn out from the standard Smash modes that involved intense fighting, the galleries were always a great way to unwind and rejuvenate for a while, as well as learn about gaming history in general.

This thread is a compilation thread of the various themes of the gallery and other themes related to Smash collectables throughout the series.

First, we have the character data theme from Smash 64. This was before Trophies were formally introduced into the series, so these data of the character puppets served as a precursor to the later galleries.

Second, Melee didn't really have it's own theme for the gallery, so we simply have the menu theme.

Third, we have Brawl's Trophy Gallery theme, a subtle relaxing spin on the main theme, that would be continued in future games.

Brawl also had a separate theme for the Sticker Gallery.

Fourth, we have Smash 4's Trophy Gallery theme, that also featured a relaxing spin on it's main theme.

Fifth, we have Smash Ultimate's Spirit Collection theme. This was the game that replaced Trophies with Spirits (to save resources on development), however, the spirit of the gallery theme (which was intended to serve as a more relaxed variant of the main theme), was still kept intact.

I've also decided to include the Spirit Inventory theme from Ultimate.

I do feel bad about not including a unique theme for Melee, so I've decided to also add the Trophy Rush-esque themes for the games that have them in this collection.

First, for Melee, the Lottery theme.

Next, for Brawl, the Coin Launcher theme.

Lastly, for Smash 4, the Trophy Rush theme.

Enjoy the collection, I may do more evolution threads if I feel like it.

Last edited:

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
While I prefer spirits over trophies, I still remember the times I had collecting all the trophies in Melee, Brawl and Smash 4 and looking at them in the gallery. I also really miss Coin Launcher and thought that was a great way to quickly earn stickers (seriously collecting those was a pain in the a-hole).
Now if only the spirits could have short descriptions, then everything would come full circle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom