• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evolution: A Step Beyond CAP

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Actually I thought about it last night I think explosion would be a good move, and after seeing your logic I can see why. lol, "Ghosts . . . .can't . . . .DIE!!!", I laughed.

I've almost completed a pre-evolution for Pachirisu.
Pre-evolution? Why not an evolution? Either way I'm curious to see it.

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Well my scanner is a piece of *place swear word here* --> so I'll have to get it some other time. Also I don't do good with evolutions. Also, I painted it this time and it looks better than most my drawings usually do so.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
take a pic with a camera

thats how i did my pictures here

though then i did some pic editing to make em look nicer but its not required

UberMario

Smash Master
Done at request for Roacherman

Porygon³, an alternate evolution for Porygon2. Obtained by using an Up-Grade on Porygon2, just like how Porygon evolves into Porygon2 using the same item.

In Generation _, the data type is introduced, and the Porygon family move from being a normal type to being a Data-type. Data-types are weak to electric and water, strong against ground and psychic, and are immune to poison types.

Also, like how Curse has a different effect depending on what type the user is. (If Curse is used by a ghost-type, the pokemon will lose half of their max hp and cause their opponent to lose 25% of their hp per turn, while every other type apparently yells curse words as they get angry and more powerful)

Minimize will have two powers:

If used by a Data type: The data-type pokemon will temporarily disappear and the next pokemon in your roster comes out and can attack on the same turn that the data-type left. At a random point between 1-and-10 turns later (or when the active pokemon faints), the data-type will switch with the active pokemon and can use any attack. The downside to something so useful? It only has 5PP
If used by any other type: Increases evasiveness.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
not a fan of it tbh, doesnt seem like the natural next step

the write up you did though on data type is cool though

UberMario

Smash Master
Thanks, glad you like it Roacherman.

@Chibo: I wasn't really satisfied with PorygonZ's change in design so I wanted to keep it something similar to the original two without being identical to Porygon2.

And I've got dibs on the Torkoal, Buizel, and Luvdisc lines guys. :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Spirister
Type: Ghost / Dark
Ability: Pressure
Base Stats: 75 / 102 / 118 / 102 / 118 / 60

Better HP and Speed because it's not attached to a rock anymore. Spirister derives from spirit+sinister or spirit+monster.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I'm still unsure about the colour scheme but....

based off...

I was originally thinking of going for an umbreon like colour so it could really bring out the blue but then I remembered I needed to make it look at least a bit like Luvdisc in colour. I may go back and make changes or just post the drawing without the colour.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Love everything so far guys, but the Porygon^3 is unnecessary as the Porygon chain already has three members in the family. Check the OP for what needs to be done before we start adding extraneous Pokémon.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
To be fair I always thought PorygonZ was not supposed to be the next step. It looks like it is but its Pokedex entry mentions that it's like a hacked Pokemon that glitched up.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Love everything so far guys, but the Porygon^3 is unnecessary as the Porygon chain already has three members in the family. Check the OP for what needs to be done before we start adding extraneous Pokémon.
Yeah, like Pluvia said, it's sort of implied that Porygon-Z was kind of a wrong turn somewhere in the evolution chain (even though it's not exactly natural evolution anyway). Besides, it'd be a branched evolution; families like Poliwag and Oddish also have four members.

Also, if the SWF-Dex gets fleshed out, is there any chance some of the evolutions in this project could make their way over there?

UberMario

Smash Master
Yeah, like Pluvia said, it's sort of implied that Porygon-Z was kind of a wrong turn somewhere in the evolution chain (even though it's not exactly natural evolution anyway). Besides, it'd be a branched evolution; families like Poliwag and Oddish also have four members.
Exactly, it's a branched evolution, besides, the series hasn't had a non-Eevee based branching since Generation II, I thought maybe one-or-two more would be a good idea to add to the Dex, heck you even made one Spire. *cough*Cromix*cough*

BTW, awesome job Bowser King!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It's a split branch Spire. The combination of Porygon-Z being a hack and the fact that Porygon2 still didn't make to space, led me to ask Uber to make it for me, because I have no scanner nor do I know how to do computerized artwork. (please tell me Uber that you're ok with Porygon^3 making it into space, because that really bugs me)

As for the stats, I suck at making them myself, but I will say this. I see Porygon^3 having a good defense/hp/SpDef stats along with a good typing

(and if anyone would like to teach me how to make artwork on the computer, I'm open, so I can submit my own artwork to this.

UberMario

Smash Master
(please tell me Uber that you're ok with Porygon^3 making it into space, because that really bugs me)
Of course I wouldn't mind, I did give it rockets for wings [actually I did that without even remembering the dex entries, the feet of the Porygons always reminded me of rockets for some reason] so that shouldn't be a problem. lol

(These are the dex entries for anyone wondering why everyone says that PorygonZ is a failed experiment)

Diamond/Pearl
-Additional software was installed to make it a better Pokémon. It began acting oddly, however.
Platinum
-Its programming was modified to enable work in alien dimensions. It did not work as planned.
-Its programming was modified to enable it to travel through alien dimensions. Seems there might have been an error...

Also, the "horn" on Porygon Z's head is actually supposed to be a neck. The whole head is floating upsidedown. 0_o (Even the eyes look glitched.)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Guys, I don't think we need to work on that Luvdisc evolution after all:

Or maybe we could make an alternate one.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Miltry, the pre-evolution for Miltank.
Hmm, I have to say, I would really prefer to see Miltank's prevo also serve as such for Tauros, given the Cow/Bull theme. It could still lean toward Miltank (Milkalf, perhaps?)

-
I love Rexlax, but I don't believe he should get Explosion given the numbers posted. We don't want the game getting too Rexplosion-centric...;)
-

Guys, I'd like to get your opinions on a few prospective Pokémon:

Parasect Evolution
Snorlax Evolution
Noctowl Evolution
Girafarig Evolution
Granbull Evolution

I want to start drawing some more :)

If Parasect evolves the mushroom will take control completely, covering most if not all of its body.
If Noctowl evolves the clock element of Hoothoot should return. It could be called "Clocktowl"!

If Granbull evolves, its powerful jaws might grow to be so heavy it must walk on all fours, which would make it more intimidating in my opinion.

I can't draw well and I don't have a scanner or tablet anyway, but why not:

A male evo (Alkatty?) that evolves with the Sun Stone/Kitten Prevo (Skitten?) for Skitty, because not enough Pokemon use the SS to evolve, and Skitten writes itself.
A cymbal monkey based evolution for Ambipom, maybe with four "arm" tails, maybe just holding cymbals with its tails.
An evo for Chimecho with a wider body and multiple smaller "chimes"
Santa evo for Delibird (Deliclaus?) rumored to be tied to mysterious gifts that sometimes appear
An actual blimp evo for Drifblim instead of the hot air balloon it is
Pirate Floatzel evo
Scarab Heracross evo (Scaracross?)
A Kabuki-themed evo for Jynx, Ganguro being based on makeup and otherwise odd appearance
A Banyan tree evo for Sudowoodo, perhaps playing up the "petrified" wood concept by adding the grass type...

UberMario

Smash Master
Or maybe we could make an alternate one.
Yeah, I was talking with Bowser King and maybe his Luvdisc evolutions could be an alternative Water/Dark chain for Luvdisc? It looks like it should be part dark.

And I still can't believe Porygon³ wasn't accepted, it was pretty much the 2nd request in this thread (after a Mawile evo) and Z's entry implies there should have been a better, non-glitchy version of itself (as a P2 evo) . . . . . . .

Spire

III
BRoomer
No no, I'll add Porygon³, they convinced me of its reasoning (forgot that Porygon-Z was a glitch). After all, this is the same reason why I made Cromix, because Steelix is not a natural evolution.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can I call the idea to do a Delibird Prevo? Ubermario taught me how to make images on my computer and I want to give a crack it making a little chicky Delibird :p

And whoo hoo! Thank me that I asked for you to make Porygon^3 for me :p

XACE-K

Smash Master
If Noctowl evolves the clock element of Hoothoot should return. It could be called "Clocktowl"!
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=clocktowl#/d2h273x

Done. Only problem is I think this evo would have higher attack but that's just me.

If Granbull evolves, its powerful jaws might grow to be so heavy it must walk on all fours, which would make it more intimidating in my opinion.
http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/gallery/?24927490#/d2ch9dh

And done.

I knew favoriting some things would come in handy.

UberMario

Smash Master
I've been thinking, does anyone want me to make Pokemon Crystal-esque battle entry animations for their sprites? I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard considering the size of the images.

EDIT: I was also thinking of making an Octillery evolution, but I can't narrow down what would be a best final stage:

http://themanyfacesofspaces.com/barreleye_fish.jpg

^^ A barreleye fish "nuclear missle/submarine".

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/Amaterasudesu/goblin-shark.jpg

^^ A goblin shark "boat with a harpoon"

http://www.coldwaterimages.com/img/pipefish0.JPG

^^ Or a pipefish shotgun

Which one should I do?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
If you're going with one of those I'd have to say the barreleye fish. If they're going to be based on the weapons following the name of the animal it seems like it would best fit for a final evo.

None of them really look like they follow the evolution chain very well (even if you include Remoraid) but considering the chain doesn't make sense in the first place I guess that's not a major issue. :laugh:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ah. After countless hours my Delibird prevo is now complete. I call it Chicadeli (thank you Ubermario for helping me out with the name)

Chicadeli, the Penguin Chick Pokemon. The type is Ice/Flying. The Penguin Chick Pokemon is rather selfish, unlike Delibird who works with Santa Claus to give presents to all the good children. As you can see in this picture, Chicadeli just had something taken away from him and he is raging atm. Chicadeli live alongside their parent Delibird. Chicadeli also get into fights occasionally due to an argument over who gets to keep a found item.

As you can see from the appearance of Chicadeli, it has the beginnings of the mane that Delibirds get upon evolution as well as the beginnings of the bag like tail Delibirds have.

Do whatever you guys want with this now, I'm done with this pokemon

Top Bottom