• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO WEST: The West Coast Championships (1 Week after 0C3!!! REGISTRATION FREE!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
EVO WEST: The West Coast Championships (1 Week after 0C3!!!) REGISTRATION LIVE!!!

Date:
July 27 - 29

Everyone who is going to 0C3 don't forget to stay a little longer to compete at EVO side by side with other fighting gamings!!!

Information posted on Shoryuken:

We are proud to announce that Evo West will be held in San Diego, CA during the San Diego Comic Con.

It will be located at the Omni hotel across the street (Which is sold out, you need to find your own hotel at the best possible price)

This event will rival Evo South as a all free event (But you will need a badge into the Comic Con to participate)

The schedule can be found here: http://www.evo2k.com/west/schedule

We look forward to seeing you there!

****NEW INFORMATION****

Due to the event being free, there will be a player cap of 128 entrants per tournament. For people that don's show up in person, there spot will be given to people who show up at emergency registration on a first come, first serve basis.

DO NOT DELAY on signing up online to guarentee your spot for Evo West.

http://www.evo2k.com/west/register GO NOW!

Omni San Diego Hotel
675 L Street
San Diego, California 92101
Phone: (619) 231-6664 (map)

Rules:

*Game version: Nintendo Gamecube
*Game Settings: Singles VS Melee, 2/3 Games, 4 Stock, 6 Minute Timer, No Items
*If both players can agree on a stage, that stage will be used. If there is conflict, then the rules below come into action.
*Pool A: Final Destination, Kirby's Dreamland 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams.
*Pool B: Mute City, Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64, Brinstar, Poke Floats, Corneria, Jungle Japes.
*The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random from pool A. Any games after that can be from pools A or B.
*After the stage has been selected by the losing player, the winner of the previous game may change characters, but has to pick first.
*No stage may be used twice in any given set.
*Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
*Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

Schedule:

http://www.evo2k.com/west/schedule/

Register at the link below:
http://www.evo2k.com/west/register

Evo West Thread at Shoryuken:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=131707

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
So basically if you don't care about the Comic-Con, it's 30 bucks to enter the tournament >_>

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
There's tons of people looking to stay an extra weekend after oc3 to attend this.

Our major locals have pulled in an average of like 95 people lately, i wouldn't be surprised if EVO west got that many for smash.

Whether people post or not, this event is in no danger of having a shortage of players.

HugS

Smash Champion
I've registered for EVO but i've heard that comicon passes are sold out. Now I wasn't even aware that they could sell out, or that i even needed to buy one prior to the event. I was assuming that if it was imperative to get passes way in advance, a measly link for comicon passes would be posted on this thread or on EVO2k.com

Does anyone have any answers.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I was reading on the SRK forums that only 4-day passes are sold out. 1-day passes are still available.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Question: Is this a tourney only thing? Or will there be any time for friendlies and stuff? Considering I can't attend OC3, I'd have this as a substitute.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I dont get it, theres no spot to check smash at registration

do u just register without checking anything?

HugS

Smash Champion
I don't know who reads this, or if there even is an official smash representative for EVO WEST, but I REALLY need to know if smash will be held on all 3 days of the comicon event.

I'd like to know the smash schedule so that I can know what days to buy comicon passes for.

The info would be greatly appreciated. Someone please inform us ASAP.

Karst

Smash Rookie
I don't know who reads this, or if there even is an official smash representative for EVO WEST, but I REALLY need to know if smash will be held on all 3 days of the comicon event.

I'd like to know the smash schedule so that I can know what days to buy comicon passes for.

The info would be greatly appreciated. Someone please inform us ASAP.
I believe that the information you are looking for can be found here: http://www.evo2k.com/west/schedule/

StrippersandBeer

Smash Apprentice
yo guys. i've spoken with evo coordinators.

the event is FREE inside the OMNI HOTEL across from comic-con. smash bros starts on saturday at 6pm. the finals might actually be in comic-con*.

what you must pay for to get into ($15 online) is Sunday, the day of the finals. why? because some of the finals will be inside the comic-con convention center. which game finals and which will not be inside comic-con could not be disclosed, so yeah.

i repeat, the tourny (saturday) will be at the hotel across the street, and for free, from the comic-con convention center, and the finals (don't know which ones, so best be safe and get the sunday pass) will be inside comic-con.

(:

*some game finals will be in hotel, some in comic-con

hugQ Cortex

Master
StrippersandBeer, you are amazing. You answered most of the questions I had in mind. But I have three more questions...

1)Just to be absolutely clear, I know that the tourney itself is free, but we don't need the single-day comic con passes or badges AT ALL for the smash tourney on Saturday because it's gonna be held across the street from comic con, and not in comic con itself, right?

2)And the $15 online fee for the Sunday finals IS the comic con ticket/badge fee, right? Are they the same thing or are these two different things that we need to pay for seperately?

3)Also, my pre-registration confirmation page says to be at the hotel (with the page) between 9am-11am to finish registration. This is still correct right?

Please answer.

I'm being really safe/paranoid here.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
LOL Hugo why wouldn't you want passes to the Comic-Con :p
You should go on Thursday, Jessica Alba is gonna be there...I can't believe I'm in Boston ><
Jessica Alba sucked in Fantastic Four -_-

StrippersandBeer

Smash Apprentice
1. you DO NOT need a comic con pass for saturday as all qual and semi rounds will be held in the hotel across the street from comic con. (:

2. yes, $15 fee is FOR a comic-con badge/pass/entrance which includes SOME of the finals. what that means is, if smash finals are IN comic-con, then you're in too. (:

3. it says to be there between 9-11 am in order to check-in and all that good stuff. make sure you do this.

aight gaming homies from another gaming system, see you there (:

hugQ Cortex

Master
Hey StrippersandBeer...I have one more question. Anyone else can answer this too if they know.

I know checking in is from 9-11am. But my confirmation page says to come either Friday or Saturday to complete registration. Can I just show up Sat morning without losing my spot to ppl who come Fri morning? Just to be clear I only plan to participate in the Smash tourney, which is Sat, and I've already preregistered online. Thanks.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If we registered online, do we need to show up friday morning!?

To me it doesn't make sense that emergency registration starts friday. How do you know if peopel aren't gonna show up (therby opening up new spots) until saturday when the tournament actually starts? Meaning do the people who regsistered online have to show up FRIDAY morning EVEN if the smash tourney is on saturday? 'Cuz that would suck..

The Game II

Smash Champion
I see a few Melee players getting in some friendlies right now, nearly 6 hours before the Melee competition is scheduled to begin.

The Internet connection at the tournament site is piss poor, so I'll be providing hourly updates.

If you are planning to come, get here early because close parking is few, and traffic is heavy. Plus, you don't want to get DQed on the spot.

--GCII

The Game II

Smash Champion
I found a spot within the venue where I can get very bad internet ... which is better than no internet.

So I'm going to try as best as possible to provide constant updates. They're preparing the stations for Melee, and it should begin in the next few minutes.

--GCII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom