• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO South Results!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Remember that this tournament was Single Elimination.

1st: Wobbles
2nd: Caveman
3rd: DarknessofHeart
4th: Xzalla

And thats all I know of. The tournament was very poorly ran with people yelling out names on a sheet of paper >_>...

I will post shoutouts in my next post.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Shoutouts!

JesusFreak: Thanks for taking me to the tourny and good matchs man. I can't believe your fox beat my samus lol!!!

AustinRC: Always fun..you are hyper as ****!!!! lmao!!! Too funny. I love your fox..very technical and good job on finding another rival lol! Oh yes and Whataburger = too good.

Velox: WOW Technical...lol I have been trying that falco ledge illusion thing >_>..hard...and omg can your Falcon Moonwalk..Good matchs man.

EmporerCeasar: Nice link. Hopefully it will be as good as Mr.C's eventually :). Good matchs. Always fun to play a link main..they are so rare.

Gabe: Your Pika is beastly..and so is your Marth...Fun times and good matchs :)!

Hylian: Dude...your fox sucks >_>.

Rob$: You took me out of the tournament >_>...Bah. And yeah..samus isn't fun to play lol!

KrazyKirbyKid: WOW..You impressed me sooo much. Great job on taking Smiles AND Rob$ out. Good job agaisnt PAX as well. Those matchs were insane and fun to watch. Oh and good one match we had lol..

Pax: Very very nice fox :). I only played you one friendly with samus..or was it more? Either way good fox lol.

Gamefaqs people: LOL get better :).

Majoras: WOW major props man. Your Samus got wayyyy better. I really wished I could of played you sunday..we only got to play one match saturday. Good stuff man.

DoH: LOL Good 1/4 of a match XD. You didn't need that much practice against samus's apparently because you still beat Majoras :). Good job on Third as well.

Wobbles: Ewww..Wobbling...eww...lol just kidding man it was legal so by all means use it and congrats on 1st. Cool guy this is.

Xzalla: Great Ganon man and good match and congrats on 4th. Suprised everyone.

Jotun: Great Ganon as always...fun matchs I had with you.

Nova: OMG lol wow you suprised me :).

Whielmenfkajwbhgkl(I'll just say will): Don't up B so much with fox :). Fun matchs.

Mario player: Uairs Ftw lol.

Mr C: LMFAO you are teh pro Ciggaret thrower ftw!!!!

Everyone else that I am forgetting: Sorry!!!! Fun but poorly ran tournament!!!

Vegard

Smash Lord
How many participants were there?

And congrats, Wobbles. But I have to say LOL @ Single elimination. What was that for?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well the registration was full so there should of been 128 people.

It was single elimination because of time restraints put on by South by Southwest.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hopefully they will continue to imrpove their tournaments. Glad to hear that EVO has SSBM as one of their figher games now. Hope to hear updates on the other tournaments also.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The other Evo tournaments are going to be Double Elimination I'm pretty sure. Hopefully they are better run as well.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
They probably won't have the full results... They had the brackets on pieces of paper -.-... I haven't seen anything about results on the evo site yet so who knows?

I think KKK got 5th lol >_>...

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
XZalla got 4th?!?!?!

Why couldn't I have had his bracket? >.<

Anyway, Shoutouts:

Wobbles: you're a cool guy, but Wobbling is gay. GJ on 1st, I guess.

KKK: that's dumb that you only got 5th after the performance you had. Single Elim ftl amirite? Major Props to the best Kirby evar. I'm glad you're still repping him since I stopped. :(

GreenGreens: You pwn'd me in the face. GJ. I will get you next time guaranteed tho.

Hylian: I had fun housing you and hanging with you. I was the only Fox who you didn't beat, hmm? ;)

MrC and Fear: Y'all are always sexy, fun time in teams. I can play Fox. :)

Sethlon: I had a lot of fun teaming with you. Sux you had to lose to Austin of all people. I hate having to play friends. You'll do better next time guaranteed. Oh, and your Ray=your Marth.

Magnolia peeps I housed: Fun times. We'll have to do it again. :)

Valley people: Y'all were a lot better than I expected. I'm sad I didn't get to play majoras. Frank, don't lose to DK. ;) Broly: I have nothin but mad respect for you man. Pax, gj on going so far in the tourney. Too bad I only go to play you in teams on saturday. I heard you and my friend Austin had a ton of good matches.

Everyone else: I'm lazy, but I love you all. See you whenever. :p

Dopey

Smash Lord
this just goes to shows, ICs are the wakest char in the game. congratz on taking the fun out of competative smash.

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
No joke about it. Wobbles stuck to his guns and perfected the tech that most people looked down upon him for and now he gets to reap the benifits. You can cry cheap but top level play is all about being at a level in which "cheap" only lasts as long as it takes the community to adapt.

Watty

Smash Lord
yoko what dope is saying some people have been playing this game for a while working there ***** of on technical skills and mind games. than some1 comes along and does something that skill wise is a low lvl and does well with it is BS. which is ****ty but there is ntohing that can be done about it because its legal

Dopey

Smash Lord
yokoscrub, you grab, and hit the A button until thier % is like 150, you kno what, make it 700% incase ppl kno how to DI. if thats not top level play, i really dont kno what is.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
i agree with dope i mean IC's have like 10 other CGs that require more skill than wobbling , if its banned not much will be lost, and if wobbles is a "top player" he shouldn't care cuz he can do well without it right?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can't blame Wobbles for winning with the infinite.

You blame the tournament hosts for not banning it.

I still don't see why some people defend this infinite...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Plus, I've seen Wobbles use other characters and still **** with them :p

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
He beat me, kirbykid, the ganondorf that got 4th and caveman, maybe someone else.

Dodging all the Peach/Samus players certainly helped.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Dr. Drew the Dragon and Krazy Kirby Kid were my noticeable victories. If KKK hadn't taken out Smiles, Rob$, and this other really really good Fox guy, I would have had to play one of those three instead.

You know, it's not the hardest thing in the world to do, but it's also not as easy as you guys are making it sound... and if it requires so much less effort to perfect then everything else and even has higher rewards, why you are you wasting your time on other techniques?

I could spend all my time learning how to infinite drill-shine with Fox only to find out that it has crappy returns once opponents can DI. I could spend a bunch of time learning Falco's drill-shine stuff which is insanely hard to do and doesn't even get you that much benefit when the opponent knows how to escape. I guess I could waste my time on inferior techniques. Or maybe I could pick the best techniques available to me and not care if I'm popular.

You know what? If it's so easy, so skill-less, and the IC's are such a stupid character, why don't YOU play as them and prove it? Or you can sit back and look like a fool going, "lol he's so stupid and teh gh4y" without ever bothering to back up your talk. Way to go, smart guy.

I don't have a problem when people argue against the infinite. But slinging around words like "cheap" and "stupid" and "gay" is just making YOU look foolish. If it is officially decided by the majority of the smash community to be an unbalancing technique that reduces the competitive depth of the game, and it's not just some guy who doesn't like that he practiced a mediocre technique and isn't in the limelight anymore, then I won't be doing it.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
No Johns, Wobbles is too good.

Doesn't sound like Texas is treating you very well, Rob. You should just come back to Az for good. Here we appreciate a high caliber player like yourself and don't throw around petty name calling just because we lost.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Sounds alot like Norcal after NCT2 :p

Wobbles has a crazy Fox :psycho: :psycho:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Sounds alot like Norcal after NCT2
haha true that man.

wobbles isnt getting the respect he deserves.. probably because he was fairly unknown... or at least not INFINITELY (no pun intended) popular until his performance at nct2. great ic.

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
maybe EVO sucked because they were overwhelmed because I looked at the other tournaments and I saw that we were the biggest crowd by like 3x the others.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
A little harsh on him arn't we? Honestly I find it to be the player's fault of getting mindgamed into the grab in the first place. Everyone knows a lone IC is a dead IC. So therein lies the victory over the wobble technique. Keep the two ICs seperate (I shouldn't have to say this though...). I've seen it done, hell I've done it and had it done on me before while just messing around, and it's not the easiest thing to pull off. Hell I play Fox and I say the drill to double shine grab is easier than landing a wobble every time you really need to. Besides, a lot of you have surely seen the video of Azen beating Chu's ICs with Falcon as Chu attempted several times to wobble Azen. It isn't unbeatable. No more than beating Fox's Wallshine infinite or chain grab/throw infinites.

Watty

Smash Lord
it was the first shot with us I wasnt at the first mlg but im sure it wasnt organzed. They didnt know how we would act, but now they know smashers are for real and they have something to base other Evo tourney's off of. they will get more organized juss give em a buit of time

wobbles - mathos a FALCO in my crew can do it pretty consistently so it isnt that hard he doesnt really practice it juss when we do friendles he will go IC and work on it here and there so it isnt that hard. And u must know that no matter how well u do, as long as u do that technique u are gonna have people flame u.

the argument of not getting grabbed is the worst argument on this planet. you will get grabbed if some1 is trying hard enough, so saying juss dont get grabbed in a match is to me wosrt argument evar. btw i love hugs

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Ok first off i refuse to read anything about this total scrub wobbles, ill beat him with GW.

But now you people see what i was trying to tell you like 6 months ago about BANNING IC's.
no not the wobbles, im talking about the charecter itself, BUT since non of u ******* did anything in the community about it, were going to see tons of people being complete and utter *** gots like wobbles and just doing the infinate, and pretty much ruining the entire game we have tried so hard to get a community going for.

GOOD JOB GUYS, AND THANKS FOR TAKING ACTION

Alli can say to all you noobs is deal with it since your all t much of ******* to ban ANYTHING in this game

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
and when i say tons of people i mean people that dont even play the game, like .............. street fighter players, taking a month to learn wobbles, and winning events. but yeah dont beleive me and just keep flaming people for playing the game they are allowed to play

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Drew the Dragon and Krazy Kirby Kid were my noticeable victories. If KKK hadn't taken out Smiles, Rob$, and this other really really good Fox guy, I would have had to play one of those three instead.

You know, it's not the hardest thing in the world to do, but it's also not as easy as you guys are making it sound... and if it requires so much less effort to perfect then everything else and even has higher rewards, why you are you wasting your time on other techniques?

I could spend all my time learning how to infinite drill-shine with Fox only to find out that it has crappy returns once opponents can DI. I could spend a bunch of time learning Falco's drill-shine stuff which is insanely hard to do and doesn't even get you that much benefit when the opponent knows how to escape. I guess I could waste my time on inferior techniques. Or maybe I could pick the best techniques available to me and not care if I'm popular.

You know what? If it's so easy, so skill-less, and the IC's are such a stupid character, why don't YOU play as them and prove it? Or you can sit back and look like a fool going, "lol he's so stupid and teh gh4y" without ever bothering to back up your talk. Way to go, smart guy.

I don't have a problem when people argue against the infinite. But slinging around words like "cheap" and "stupid" and "gay" is just making YOU look foolish. If it is officially decided by the majority of the smash community to be an unbalancing technique that reduces the competitive depth of the game, and it's not just some guy who doesn't like that he practiced a mediocre technique and isn't in the limelight anymore, then I won't be doing it.
man...

im worried about you.

if this is all you think about while playing smash... you definetly need another hobby or someish

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ok first off i refuse to read anything about this total scrub wobbles, ill beat him with GW.

But now you people see what i was trying to tell you like 6 months ago about BANNING IC's.
no not the wobbles, im talking about the charecter itself, BUT since non of u ******* did anything in the community about it, were going to see tons of people being complete and utter *** gots like wobbles and just doing the infinate, and pretty much ruining the entire game we have tried so hard to get a community going for.

GOOD JOB GUYS, AND THANKS FOR TAKING ACTION

Alli can say to all you noobs is deal with it since your all t much of ******* to ban ANYTHING in this game
You say that ICs are gay and you can't avoid the infinite? Dont get grabbed then idiot.

The wobbles isn't that hard to get around, I have yet to lose to it :)

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
and when i say tons of people i mean people that dont even play the game, like .............. street fighter players, taking a month to learn wobbles, and winning events. but yeah dont beleive me and just keep flaming people for playing the game they are allowed to play
yeah i highly doubt any month of play can beat good players like azen. I'm sure that wobbles isnt much of a concern in the pro metagame(i.e. i'd be much more worried about beating ken then wobbles), and when it comes down to it usually the only noticeable effect of wobbling is when the two people playing each other are about equal in skill.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Don't get grabbed? It's your fault for getting mindgamed into a grab? Wait a second, that sounds a lot like the ICs freeze glitch (which relies on you getting grabbed), except the freeze glitch has been banned for ages, even though it actually has a random aspect to it which won't let it work perfectly, and it's certainly harder to get Nana to grab your opponent in the first place than to camp and shield-grab with the ICs. The infinite is unfair because it precludes competition. You can't block grabs, and nothing the player does once he is grabbed will allow him to break free. That is the definition of unfair. We also ban stages which give certain characters an unfair advantage. We ban infinite stalling, because these remove the competition. That's why this technique should be banned, and is traditionally banned in Texas tournaments, which is also where this took place.

So for Wobbles to come into a Texas tournament--knowing full well that we'd ban it if we had any control over the tournament, knowing that the organization was shoddy anyway and we could hardly be held accountable for any of the rule decisions, knowing that the technique should be banned for good reasons--for Wobbles to come into this tournament, I say, and force his opponent to lose rather than winning himself, is to me, poor sportsmanship at best. I think a general definition of "immoral" is doing what you know you shouldn't do, regardless of the opportunity presented. Play to win, but make sure you're actually winning.

The word "cheap" appears nowhere within this post, except here. However, I don't mind saying that it's lame, and Wobbles is really lame for using it. Why don't other people learn it, if it's so easy? Haven't we been answering that all along?

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
we're not trying to take away from wobbles victory, i admit i chuckle when i see his videos and hes just ****** with grabs , and i give him congrats on winning , although i think wobbling is gay , i dont think hes gay for using it. its allowed right now so hes got the right to use it, same with chu.
i've been against it ever since mlg vegas where i saw it in person for the first time. yes u can beat it , but for all the ppl who are just like "lolol dont get grabbed dummy" thats ********. your going to get grabbed in a match almost everytime even vs someone whos not even close to your level. Now imagine someone who isnt a noob and has mastered an infinite grab and based his game off of grabbing. well yeah no matter who u are you'll most likely get grabbed.

Ic's have other CG's so its not like were taking away its only good thing, Chu has done fine without it. Wobbling will just promote mass camping and gay fights vs ic's and it just wont be fun, not to mention i bet it doesnt make the community look good. last thing we need for evo is an IC ditto in the finals LOL

And wobbles were not b*tching at u , ppl have been trying to ***** about it since mlg vegas , prob even before it. We just have to wait till people know about it . im sure tournaments will start to put a "no wobbling cg" rule in soon. once a big tournament adds it to its ruleset im sure everyone will

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretending to play for "Honor" and not to win is just a John, dude. Quit Johning, and start winning.

EDIT: Not directed at PC, lolz. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom