• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo East Winners

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
Just got back from Evo East and would like to tell you all the winners:
1st Place: Mew2King
2nd Place: PC Chris
3rd Place: Cactuar
4th Place: Cort

The other 4 in the top 8 were Chu Dat, Forward, INUI, and Dav3

I have a video recorded of the final match of Mew2King vs PC Chris, and another match of Mew2King and PC Chris that was earlier in the bracket. I'll have it uploaded sometime soon.

Edit: There is a video of the final set of matches between Mew2King and PC Chris here.

I also tried to make the video as high quality as possible so it looks pretty nice if you full screen it through YouTube.

Edit: I have my other recorded match uploaded for all of ya, this time it's Mew2King vs PC Chris (again!) but this time in the SemiFinals battling for the top spot of the winners bracket. Check it out here.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I was listening to Alphaism radio, and they had live coverage from the tourny, supposdly there was some conflict in one of Inui's matches? i dont recall who he was facing, I think it was Chudat, does anyone have anymore info on this?

EEvisu

Smash Lord
why cant PC beat M2K now in a final set or w/e v___v

I dont care I just find it strange...

nice job Cactuar, I dont know you but you posted above me so yeah...

Edit: poor Chu :[

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Congrats to the winners!

M2K has just been on a roll lately. I can't wait to see the matches.

Also, good job Cactuar for stepping up and taking third!! :)

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
I was really surprised with Cort's performance. I've never even heard of him before, and out of no where I see him in the top 4 here with a Peach that took out Chu Dat and had a close match against Cactuar. I can't really think of a better Peach. Could he be the best Peach here in the US?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
5. Forward
5. Chu
7. Inui
7. Dav3
9. Dire
9. Kip
9. Nus
9. Wobbles
13. Wes
then some other pplz like HDL and milktea and stuffz

And no, Inui wasn't blessed with an easy bracket this time; he had to defeat Wes. :(

Aesir

Smash Master
Maybe in the future they'll have people doing commentary that ya know, know something about this game. >_>

that was really the only thing that bugged me.

my browser is better then mcfox's

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I thought the commentary was both hilarious and amazong.

Also: The other fighting game communities have us owned hard as far as cheering and spectating go. Ridiculous cheering sections, plus they do SIDE BETTING!!!

So Good.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol Inui is it really defeating Wes if you run??
Okay, let me clear things up for the morons that are being morons.

Round 1: He defeated me last stock on Yoshi's Story.

Round 2: I picked Green Greens and gayed him.

Round 3: He tried to gay me on Corneria with that Up B camping on the fin, but eventually I worked around it and it backfired. I got a lead, and ran away for about 30 seconds to a minute. At the end of the timer, I had ~20% damage and he had ~90% damage, so he would have lost anyways if the timer didn't run out. One more grab and he would have died from grab --> hit hit --> d-throw --> u-air.

Blah, I said I wouldn't be posting about me beating me Wes more than like one time, but people are being gay about it.

Watty

Smash Lord
Round 3: He tried to gay me on Corneria with that Up B camping on the fin, but eventually I worked around it and it backfired. I got a lead, and ran away for about 30 seconds to a minute. At the end of the timer, I had ~20% damage and he had ~90% damage, so he would have lost anyways if the timer didn't run out. One more grab and he would have died from grab --> hit hit --> d-throw --> u-air.
u make it sound like 90% is alot to samus especially on a big lvl and if he DI's the down throw well enough getting that up air off to kill is really hard lol, and who is to say you would of gotten another grab off?

I dont care really I juss thought i would make that point, I hate campy people who pick stages like that and juss hit and run.

it sucks that thats how the set ended, but Corneria and Green Greens are both known for camping and wes must of known that if he get down in the match that is what woulda happened. faster characters always win the camping battles

Bacardi

Smash Rookie

Also: The other fighting game communities have us owned hard as far as cheering and spectating go. Ridiculous cheering sections, plus they do SIDE BETTING!!!

So Good.
I was the one doing the commentating and I must apologize for not knowing the correct terminology for what was going on in smash, but then again neither did alot of the other people in there as well(first time I ever really sat down to watch it). During matches smashers were telling me what was what (and know I know its stock not lives :urg: ) but I tried to keep it as fun as I could for everyone to enjoy. I must say I was really impressed with the level of smash play and you guys have converted me and alot of other players to smash bros with the level of play we saw at Evo East and we are eagerly awaiting now for north/west/worlds to hopefully see the same level of top play that we saw at evo east(plus we told alot of people that it was nuts and they want to see what are we making such a big fuss about). But if someone can pm me where I can see some videos or link me to a general introduction and where i can learn more terminology it would be greatly appreciated. Also when commentary is nothing but play by play it gets boring quick and if you have people in the crowd that have never played smash you got to have fun with the players and the crowd. seriously good stuff at evo east I really hope to see more of it in the future.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
u make it sound like 90% is alot to samus especially on a big lvl and if he DI's the down throw well enough getting that up air off to kill is really hard lol, and who is to say you would of gotten another grab off?

I dont care really I juss thought i would make that point, I hate campy people who pick stages like that and juss hit and run.

it sucks that thats how the set ended, but Corneria and Green Greens are both known for camping and wes must of known that if he get down in the match that is what woulda happened. faster characters always win the camping battles
When the timer ran out, we were on the top of the fin, so he would have indeed been KO'd if I grabbed him. But I guess it wasn't definite that I would have won anyways, just more likely.

I didn't pick the campy stage and hit-and-run. Wes did at first. But, I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. It's a valid strategy, and I also picked a gay stage on him. Knowing how to play gay stages and use them properly takes practice and skill, too.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
It's cool Bacardi, I really liked your commentary. It was pretty cheesy, but thats what made it awesome. "Oh my god Cactuar is so nice!" "Oh my god Mew2King is so nice!" "Oh man PC wants it, he's not going to give it up that easily!" "I don't even know what's going on but I'm entertained!"

Either way, as for the video, I have uploaded the entire final set of matches between Mew2King and PC Chris, so four matches. You can find the video here.

Sorry for the shaky camera at some points, my arm was getting tired after holding the camera for a while and I had to stretch my arm a couple times but I generally fix it fast.

I also tried to make the video as high quality as possible so it looks pretty nice if you full screen it through YouTube.

I also have the match between PC Chris and Mew2King earlier in the bracket recorded and I'll get that one up pretty soon.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice

So Good.
Unfortunately Smash didn't get as much recognition as games such as MVC2 (which was freicken huge there, had no idea it had such a big following), but I think it did well. A lot of people left the room after SFIII 3rd Strike was done and Smash was coming up, but those who stayed really liked what they saw and proved to them that Smash is a good fighting game. The crowd even started to go wild during things like chain grabs, or Chu's Pikachu taunt.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
It's cool Bacardi, I really liked your commentary. It was pretty cheesy, but thats what made it awesome. "Oh my god Cactuar is so nice!" "Oh my god Mew2King is so nice!" "Oh man PC wants it, he's not going to give it up that easily!" "I don't even know what's going on but I'm entertained!"

Either way, as for the video, I have uploaded the entire final set of matches between Mew2King and PC Chris, so four matches. You can find the video here.

Sorry for the shaky camera at some points, my arm was getting tired after holding the camera for a while and I had to stretch my arm a couple times but I generally fix it fast.

I also have the match between PC Chris and Mew2King earlier in the bracket recorded and I'll get that one up pretty soon.
GOOD STUFF MAN!!!!!:)

Bacardi

Smash Rookie
cactuar ppl were sidebetting on smash to mew2king made some marvel players some money

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I just watched the vids, good job to the commentator, he atleast put good effort into it, it seems smash got some hype at evo east, nothing compared to marvel, man i wish i was there for marvel....

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Bacardi:

Great job on the commentary. Your enthusiastic and unapologetic approach ran quite contrary to MLG's much more deliberate and subtle style. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen M2k play that agressively and condfidently and I'd wager your commentary had a hand in that (is it just me, or did both players seem nervous at the start of the first match?). Going to streetball tounraments at a young age, I personally know the effects of a Hypeman on your playstyle.

I'm sure you'll be even better at it once you actually learn the terminology.

-SynikaL

Top Bottom