• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2020 Lineup Announced

EVO Lineup.jpg

It’s mid-late Winter once again, meaning head of EVO Joey Cuellar held the annual EVO lineup reveal stream. Though we didn’t get the Playstation All Stars revival everyone wanted, there are some surprises this year.

The EVO 2020 roster consists of:

• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Tekken 7
  • Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition
  • Dragon Ball Fighterz
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Granblue Fantasy Versus
  • Soul Calibur 6
  • Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late[cl-r]
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2 Tournament of Champions Invitational

While many aren’t happy with Mortal Kombat 11, the more prominent roster cut not making a second appearance as a main game at EVO, an eight man invitational celebrating the 20th anniversary of Marvel vs Capcom 2 is a universally exciting prospect. With the four previous EVO winners in the mix, as well as four qualifier spots up for grabs, it’s looking like an exciting year for ‘Mahvel’ fans.

Registration is now open here.

Evo2020.jpg

Author's Note: What EVO games are you most excited to watch and/or play this year? Personally I think that Granblue and Marvel 2 are definitely going to be the games to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
Blackimar

Comments

Sad about a lack of MK11 but super excited to see MvC2 getting some well-deserved love. I loved playing this game back in the day and truly established the tone of crossover games today.

I was once about to wish for some variety on MvC2, but I wouldn't mind the usual four considering that the other available options are trap centric teams like Strider or Spiral (it must feel like ass to get ****-blocked in the corner by them) or Captain Air Assist, nor would I expect an Iron Man there that's always nice. Not Psylocke though, wished her an eternity of being juggled in AHVBs.

Top Bottom