• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2016: The Mii Force

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
You all know that Evo is gonna happen sometime over the summer next year(so hyped!) "But Wii Twerk Trainer! Smash 4 hasn't been confirmed yet!?" I know it hasn't, but it's a given at this point. Smash 4 had the second largest number(only behind Street Fighter 4). And Melee was the 3rd. They will not give up on either Smash at this point. Anywho, let's move on to the actual topic at hand. Last year, they allowed customs into Evo and many tournamnets adopted the custom setting to get ready for Evo. There's a chance that customs may not be happening again. What does that mean for us? It means Mii's may be entirely banned or forced to use 1111... Again. What can we do? If customs aren't approved by Mr. Wizard, we can try to convince him that Mii's should be allowed, for being actual characters in smash, who happen to have the gimmick to use a variety of moves. Mii's are the only characters who have this gimmick. Mii's don't have a "default" since that are "create" characters. Let's try to get The Amazing Ampharos(person who got customs legalized for Evo 2015) to help us with this Mii movement. He can easily convince Mr. Wizard again. I personally don't know Ampharos, but if any of you do. Please tell him about this. Evo 2016 could be our big break and finally get Mii's fully legalized if this goes through. Without customs and Mii's being legal with their gimmick, people will see that Mii's are fine and may keep them afterwards in all nationals and not discard them like they did to customs(after Evo2015 ended).

Example of what a Mii set can be is that every set up could be similar to Last Evos and have the best size with the best sets for all 3 Mii's. If small size isn't allowed, then 50/50 any set is fine as well. Just as long as Mii's can finally be legalized :)

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I really hope Mii's get some more attention cause atm no one wants to even try using them. I've seen a lot of tournaments outright ban them and it puts a huge damper on our efforts for Evo legalization.

Edit: To add more clarification to my meaning, I'm essentially saying that our efforts to get TOs to allow Mii's is much more difficult then youy may anticipate. A TO saying no to Mii's is an easy thing for them to say and puts a huge draw back on us despite what we do.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I really hope Mii's get some more attention cause atm no one wants to even try using them. I've seen a lot of tournaments outright ban them and it puts a huge damper on our efforts for Evo legalization.

Edit: To add more clarification to my meaning, I'm essentially saying that our efforts to get TOs to allow Mii's is much more difficult then youy may anticipate. A TO saying no to Mii's is an easy thing for them to say and puts a huge draw back on us despite what we do.
This is why Evo is very important to us. Mr. Wizard gets the final say for what happens. Reason he allowed customs at last Evo, was because they were part of the game and he said he's fine with it, just as long as people didn't didn't to use any extra equipment to use customs at tournaments. Let's say customs don't make it this year, we can convince about Mii's and how character specific customs and Mii's are not even the same thing. If Ampharos can help, mr wizard will surely cooperate and allow Mii's fully legalized.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
What we could use is a simple, general message about how to specifically allow Miis.

If we can get complex, we can talk about the most used Mii sets and try to get those in. This could also help Palutena users in that regard, too, since they've been itching to use her moves.

But, if we need to get simple, we need to agree on one or two sets max that miis should be able to use, but all in all that's gonna be hard for us.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
What we could use is a simple, general message about how to specifically allow Miis.

If we can get complex, we can talk about the most used Mii sets and try to get those in. This could also help Palutena users in that regard, too, since they've been itching to use her moves.

But, if we need to get simple, we need to agree on one or two sets max that miis should be able to use, but all in all that's gonna be hard for us.
Best sets for each Mii

Brawler - 2122

Gunner - 3312

Swordfighter - I honestly don't know for this one. The Sword group could easily find this one.

The Brawler and Gunner set I put are the most competitive and most Viable set Gunner has to offer. It's the best for both.

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
I did asked in the Swordfighter's group about what's the best set of him.
UnknowKid said:
"There is no best Mii Swordfighter set. As stated multiple times, the set comes down to preference. With that being said, there are some moves that work best or cover each weakness together than other. I believe the Swordfighter community admits that the ideal build is 133X or 132X. Nyani, one of our higher level swordfighter players, suggested 1332 cover majority of our match ups. So I guess go with 1332."

And yes, it's too bad that almost nobody would play the Swordfighter. But he has many potential than we might think.
For me, the best part of the Mii is DAir: bye to all characters who has bad recovery (Cloud, Ike, etc.)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It is sad. I'll probably continue to practice Gunner until I have the option of using him in tournaments. It's not like I'm much of a tournament freak anyways.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Let's not let Palutena's issue attach itself to us. That's a completely different controversy.

Lvl99Gamer

Smash Cadet
Let's not let Palutena's issue attach itself to us. That's a completely different controversy.
I actually think it shouldn't be, multiple smaller groups trying to achieve something for just their character is so much weaker than a unified front. As I've said before I don't think EVERY character should be able to use customs with the exception of trash tiers. While I do agree Mii's and Palutena are the most important cases who should get access to Customs as they were pretty much designed around this concept.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I actually think it shouldn't be, multiple smaller groups trying to achieve something for just their character is so much weaker than a unified front. As I've said before I don't think EVERY character should be able to use customs with the exception of trash tiers. While I do agree Mii's and Palutena are the most important cases who should get access to Customs as they were pretty much designed around this concept.
I gotta agree with wizrad wizrad on this one. The Palutena thing is out of our reach sadly, cuase Palutena actually has a "default" set, while miis dont. as much as Id love for palutena to use her customs, I sadly cant go fot, cause supporting her will ruin the whole Mii movement. people will dismiss us easily if they found out we support miis and Palutena on top of it. people will ask why Palutena gets special priviledge, while everyone else gets non? i do hope customs could be legal one day, but for now, wii are trying to get Miis legalized first.

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616
CT Chia CT Chia Just ask Mr.Wizzard to use the MLG rules for Mii with your reasoning and you win. Seriously this is all you need to do and this nonsense will likely end.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
CT Chia CT Chia Just ask Mr.Wizzard to use the MLG rules for Mii with your reasoning and you win. Seriously this is all you need to do and this nonsense will likely end.
This so much! I could easily see Wizard agreeingto this and the fact the fact this ruleset was used at a National level and miis didn't ruin it at all.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Gggs evwryonw..... we lost... Final Evo ruleset came in... Mii's are 1111.... seriously... such bull... our cries did nothing smh. If they are gonna want ad default for miis. Why not let us vote for a default set? Non of us wanted orw would even vote for 1111 miis. Shows the smash community doesn't care about us

Lvl99Gamer

Smash Cadet
Gggs evwryonw..... we lost... Final Evo ruleset came in... Mii's are 1111.... seriously... such bull... our cries did nothing smh. If they are gonna want ad default for miis. Why not let us vote for a default set? Non of us wanted orw would even vote for 1111 miis. Shows the smash community doesn't care about us
A bit dissapointed in Wizard as well. Pretty much the entire community is in favor of allowing Mii's. I'm feeling a few specific pro players having a hand in this.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
Wii Twerk Trainer, a few possible corrections. 3312 is not the most competitively viable Gunner moveset, there isn't enough meta development to say that, and 1111 is actually quite good. I would argue 1111 is better than 3312. 3312 is OK when you have a small-size Mii, but at default size you can't really jump around laying bombs and grenades like we've seen San and others do. That's my experience, but either way, the whole idea of the "most viable" moveset is nonsense because Mii Fighters are meant to be customized to the style and strengths of the player. 3312 is good for a particular playstyle, but not most or all playstyles. The other thing to point out: it doesn't take very long to make your own Mii Fighter in tournament, so there's no need to "preset" the tournament setups with any Mii movesets. Just save everyone some time and effort, let Mii users make their own. Chances are, only a few players are using Miis in the first place, and chances are they know how to set up their own Mii. It doesn't take long, it's easy, much like setting up your own custom controls, and if you've used Mii Fighters in tournament before you know that's true.

Last edited:
Top Bottom