• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2016: The Mii Force

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
You all know that Evo is gonna happen sometime over the summer next year(so hyped!) "But Wii Twerk Trainer! Smash 4 hasn't been confirmed yet!?" I know it hasn't, but it's a given at this point. Smash 4 had the second largest number(only behind Street Fighter 4). And Melee was the 3rd. They will not give up on either Smash at this point. Anywho, let's move on to the actual topic at hand. Last year, they allowed customs into Evo and many tournamnets adopted the custom setting to get ready for Evo. There's a chance that customs may not be happening again. What does that mean for us? It means Mii's may be entirely banned or forced to use 1111... Again. What can we do? If customs aren't approved by Mr. Wizard, we can try to convince him that Mii's should be allowed, for being actual characters in smash, who happen to have the gimmick to use a variety of moves. Mii's are the only characters who have this gimmick. Mii's don't have a "default" since that are "create" characters. Let's try to get The Amazing Ampharos(person who got customs legalized for Evo 2015) to help us with this Mii movement. He can easily convince Mr. Wizard again. I personally don't know Ampharos, but if any of you do. Please tell him about this. Evo 2016 could be our big break and finally get Mii's fully legalized if this goes through. Without customs and Mii's being legal with their gimmick, people will see that Mii's are fine and may keep them afterwards in all nationals and not discard them like they did to customs(after Evo2015 ended).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm pretty sure that a couple of tweets were able to get Customs legalized for EVO.
But I think the best course of action is to try to convince TOs that Miis are not the pest, maybe by holding tournaments of our own, stream them, having youtube evidence and basically as much exposure as possible.
:196:

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
I'm pretty sure that a couple of tweets were able to get Customs legalized for EVO.
But I think the best course of action is to try to convince TOs that Miis are not the pest, maybe by holding tournaments of our own, stream them, having youtube evidence and basically as much exposure as possible.
:196:
I pretty much agree with you. I myself had a great idea for a tourney like this, but I myself am not able to organise a tournament like that, not even in my local scene since I simply lack the resources to do so. Therefore it seems like a good idea to lay out what my idea was.

In this particular tournament I was thinking of, there would be a section that would be a Mii tournament. Next to singles and doubles there would be a tournament where Miis were the only legal characters and customs all on. This serves three purposes:

1. Show off which customs and sizes Miis have to the rest of the community and how they are used.
  2. Provide a buttload of data to the Mii mains of which custom sets are more successful than others and help in finding a standard.
  3. Let the community and TO's know what Miis are capable of and why people like them so much, why it's so important that this part of smash 4 shouldn't be cut off.
In both singles and doubles Miis would be made legal with specific movesets which are widely considered to be among the best. For Mii Swordfighter for example, sets like 1331, 2332 or 1221 come to mind. They are not all movesets, just some examples. Probably a limit between 3-6 movesets per Mii seems reasonable. Costumes are loads of fun too, but not required. Everything else would be like any other tourney held today. The same would go in doubles, though I don't know anything yet about a doubles strategy only Miis can do. I suppose I'll have to experiment with that.

The Miis incorporated in the regular tournament can provide the same knowledge about the characters as the Mii only section does, but in a more mainstream way because you get MU's versus all the other characters. It'll probably provide some good Mii MU data.
I came up with a name for the tourney: Fight Mii! I don't know if it's any good, but it's the one that stuck in my head.
If anyone who read this is willing to organise this kind of tourney, I'll be grateful to you forever. I would even attend, though that could become difficult if it's organised far from where I live: The Netherlands.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
This is why I practice 1111. Because most places at least allow that. :p

Good luck with the fight everyone, hope you can change Mr Wizard's mind.

Top Bottom