• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 Evo 2015

CrazyCupofJoe

Smash Cadet
Now that mango is heating up for summer and Armada has that good fox.
1. Mango
2. Armada
3. Hbox
4. Leffen
5. PPMD
5. Axe
7.M2K
7. West/Fly (Maybe wobbles but I HIGHLY doubt it)

Last edited:

lordtoko

Smash Rookie
Now that mango is heating up for summer and Armada has that good fox.
1. Mango
2. Armada
3. Hbox
4. Leffen
5. PPMD
5. Axe
7.M2K
7. West/Fly (Maybe wobbles but I HIGHLY doubt it)
Do you really think that M2K will make top 8 with is arthritis thing going on? I thought he said at one point that he was going to retire...

Last edited:

CrazyCupofJoe

Smash Cadet
Do you really think that M2K will make top 8 with is arthritis thing going on? I thought he said at one point that he was going to retire...
I mean this is assuming he even enters. There's no telling if he will drop out for Smash 4, although highly doubtful with what EVO means and how big of an event it is. I think he will just barely squeak in after a close set with like any of the NorCal boys or someone like Lucky. I could definitely see him losing in Top 16 and blaming it on 'not feeling good about his performance,' or 'Switching games too much.' Honestly though, if you are barely getting Top 8 for your best two games and your M2K, maybe it's time to focus on one...

Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
1. PPMD-I think that his performance at Apex is too strong to place him anything less than first, and if he can play as well as he did there then he will definitely have a solid chance.
2. Armada-His fox has definitely proven itself, and it's seemed as though only PPMD can really stop him, since counterpick wars with Mango seem to usually end in Armada's favor.
3. Mango-He'll definitely be training hard for Evo, and should never be counted out, but I think that the two above him have his number.
4. Hbox-He's looked fairly strong in 2015, and I don't think that Evo will be an exception, so I expect to see him get at least 5th.
5. Leffen-Leffen has had a great year since last Evo, with Press Start being his only placing out of top 5 since he got 9th at Evo 2014. In that trend, I think that he'll get top 5 here as well, but I don't expect much more than that with such a stacked bracket.
5. M2K-I hate to place him this low, but with his focus on both Melee and Smash 4 I don't think that he will be nearly as well prepared as the others. He always has the potential to win, but it's certainly not likely.
7. Axe-Axe has proven time and again that he is one of the top 8 players in the world, and with his recent results at events like Sandstorm and Press Start it wouldn't be a shock(haha) to see him place even above 7th.
7. Westballz-This last spot was a toss-up between several players, including Lucky, Amsa, PewPewU and Shroomed, but I think that Westballz has the best chance of breaking into top 8 out of anyone else.

CrazyCupofJoe

Smash Cadet
1. PPMD-I think that his performance at Apex is too strong to place him anything less than first, and if he can play as well as he did there then he will definitely have a solid chance.
2. Armada-His fox has definitely proven itself, and it's seemed as though only PPMD can really stop him, since counterpick wars with Mango seem to usually end in Armada's favor.
3. Mango-He'll definitely be training hard for Evo, and should never be counted out, but I think that the two above him have his number.
4. Hbox-He's looked fairly strong in 2015, and I don't think that Evo will be an exception, so I expect to see him get at least 5th.
5. Leffen-Leffen has had a great year since last Evo, with Press Start being his only placing out of top 5 since he got 9th at Evo 2014. In that trend, I think that he'll get top 5 here as well, but I don't expect much more than that with such a stacked bracket.
5. M2K-I hate to place him this low, but with his focus on both Melee and Smash 4 I don't think that he will be nearly as well prepared as the others. He always has the potential to win, but it's certainly not likely.
7. Axe-Axe has proven time and again that he is one of the top 8 players in the world, and with his recent results at events like Sandstorm and Press Start it wouldn't be a shock(haha) to see him place even above 7th.
7. Westballz-This last spot was a toss-up between several players, including Lucky, Amsa, PewPewU and Shroomed, but I think that Westballz has the best chance of breaking into top 8 out of anyone else.
I can't see PP taking first. His performance at Apex even though he won was not amazing. He did not Wow! me with anything other than actually winning. Armada definitely stepped up in the recent months with his fox and seems to be unstoppable. I'd put money on Armada beating PP if they meet. Mango was on a tear at Press Start and if that is how he takes on the rest of the summer there is no stopping him. Hbox will always be that guy that falls just short, and M2K is a wildcard. He can get anywhere from 4th to 16th at a tourney like this.

Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
I can't see PP taking first. His performance at Apex even though he won was not amazing. He did not Wow! me with anything other than actually winning. Armada definitely stepped up in the recent months with his fox and seems to be unstoppable. I'd put money on Armada beating PP if they meet. Mango was on a tear at Press Start and if that is how he takes on the rest of the summer there is no stopping him. Hbox will always be that guy that falls just short, and M2K is a wildcard. He can get anywhere from 4th to 16th at a tourney like this.
I was really impressed with how clean PP was at Apex, but I could definitely see Armada beating him as well. Mango was looking great at Press Start, but we'll have to see if he can repeat that performance at Evo, since he seems to kind of bounce around in terms of how he places(5th at Sandstorm and 4th at Apex to 1st at Press Start and Big House 4). M2K really is a wild card, sine it depends on how much effort he places into Melee, and how his mindset is, and recently he hasn't been doing great in Melee, so that's definitely not a good sign for him.

Castle Maker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Castle Maker
3DS FC
0130-2851-8580
All i want or care about is that M2k and Mang0 make it to grand finals.
Another thing is...Evo is going to have Melee and Sm4sh.... are most going to play melee? id love to see Leffen m2k Mang0 etc all be in both games

Last edited:

CrazyCupofJoe

Smash Cadet
All i want or care about is that M2k and Mang0 make it to grand finals.
Another thing is...Evo is going to have Melee and Sm4sh.... are most going to play melee? id love to see Leffen m2k Mang0 etc all be in both games
Yeah sorry to burst your bubble, but M2K isnt getting to GFs in either game.

Castle Maker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Castle Maker
3DS FC
0130-2851-8580
Yeah sorry to burst your bubble, but M2K isnt getting to GFs in either game.
Any one can...if they really concentrate....practice....Know their characters. Even if he makes it to Semi's that proves that he DID all those things. If he makes it threw losers...then he DID those things. I understand he may not make it,But a man can dream.

Smurf16

Smash Cadet
nice, of course someone wants cigar city lol. i could try my best to get it soon but it'd have to be quick. what could you offer in exchange? where you from?
Nah if I go to Evo I'm flying and not trying to pack anything in my luggage. Plus I'm going to keep my Fremont Kentucky Dark Star and Bourbon Abominable variants to myself :p

obscurica

Smash Rookie
Any one can...if they really concentrate....practice....Know their characters. Even if he makes it to Semi's that proves that he DID all those things. If he makes it threw losers...then he DID those things. I understand he may not make it,But a man can dream.
Nah. "Anyone can" is a bunch of bull. Not only do physical and mental conditions vary, but personal and inherent limits are a real thing. Whether by economic circumstances or more subtle things like reaction speed and aging. Why do you think the "gods" exist? Why do you think single individuals can be so tournament-dominant that everybody else's battling for second place instead?

It's certainly not by luck.

Not everybody can. Even trying as hard as you can won't always take you over that line. M2K's reached his limits in both games. GF for Melee is stacked in favor of just about anybody else, and GF for Smash 4'll probably be Nairo and--of course--ZeRo. No amount of hard work and good play's going to make up for the fact that he's peaked while others are still advancing. Pretending otherwise is propping up a fading legacy at the cost of those who are still continually proving their worth. Unfair.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
any "peak" you believe to be stuck at, in the current world of smash, is entirely your own mental roadblock, and that's only your fault. don't blame other people for being bad at the game when there's proof in fighting games where people damn near twice your age and half your mental- or physical-ability could beat your ass ten feet into the ground

Last edited:

Castle Maker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Castle Maker
3DS FC
0130-2851-8580
Nah. "Anyone can" is a bunch of bull. Not only do physical and mental conditions vary, but personal and inherent limits are a real thing. Whether by economic circumstances or more subtle things like reaction speed and aging. Why do you think the "gods" exist? Why do you think single individuals can be so tournament-dominant that everybody else's battling for second place instead?

It's certainly not by luck.

Not everybody can. Even trying as hard as you can won't always take you over that line. M2K's reached his limits in both games. GF for Melee is stacked in favor of just about anybody else, and GF for Smash 4'll probably be Nairo and--of course--ZeRo. No amount of hard work and good play's going to make up for the fact that he's peaked while others are still advancing. Pretending otherwise is propping up a fading legacy at the cost of those who are still continually proving their worth. Unfair.
I agree that it is not by "luck" but how to players make it to the top if they don't practice?

Grass

Smash Lord
any "peak" you believe to be stuck at, in the current world of smash, is entirely your own mental roadblock, and that's only your fault. don't blame other people for being bad at the game when there's proof in fighting games where people damn near twice your age and half your mental- or physical-ability could beat your *** ten feet into the ground
Okay, while I agree road blocks are a legit thing and that it is mostly mental. Obscurica has a point in saying everyone has a limit. Competitive gaming has always been stressful. Doesn't matter if it's Smash, Street fighter, Marvel, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic, or whatever. When it comes down to it, competitive gaming is usually not about fun, but how to make the best decisions during play. And while a lot of people probably don't realize this, it is a stressful thing for a lot of people who want to fight for the top.

Joe Shmo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferris123
I know that I will get so much hate for this, but I actually doubt PPMD getting top 8. If you think about it, it makes absolutely no sense to think PP will beat players like Armada, Leffen, etc who have been practicing and going to tournaments this year while PPMD has only attended one.

I know that I will get so much hate for this, but I actually doubt PPMD getting top 8. If you think about it, it makes absolutely no sense to think PP will beat players like Armada, Leffen, etc who have been practicing and going to tournaments this year while PPMD has only attended one.
My Dream Top8:
1. Hungrybox
2.Leffen
3.Mango
4.Armada
5.Westballz
5.Plup
7.Axe
7.PewPewU

Probably What will happen:
1.Armada
2.Mango
3.Leffen
4.Hungrybox
5.Westballz
5.Axe
7.PPMD
7.Shroomed

Last edited by a moderator:

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
Could someone please tell me if there will be a MLG tournament for Smash this year? Or is EVO the only super big tourney for the summer?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

My Dream Top8:
1. Hungrybox
2.Leffen
3.Mango
4.Armada
5.Westballz
5.Plup
7.Axe
7.PewPewU

Probably What will happen:
1.Armada
2.Mango
3.Leffen
4.Hungrybox
5.Westballz
5.Axe
7.PPMD
7.Shroomed
Please refrain from double posting; instead, use the edit option.

Shaboobie

Smash Rookie
1. PPMD
2. Mang0
3. Leff3n
4. HBox or Armada
5. Armada or Hbox
6. AmSa
7. Axe
8. PewPewU

Last edited:

Grass

Smash Lord
Seeing recent performances from players like Plup, Westballz, and PewPewU will make the path to top 8 super exciting.
I haven't seen PPU play in years, maybe Evo will finally change my opinion of him. I always saw him as a lackluster player when it came to spacies. I haven't seen his Marth so I can't comment there.

Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Competitive.
Yeah, after today I'm honestly not sure what will happen at evo. It seems like the bracket will play a huge role in how things go, since it seems like the expected top 3 has something of a triangle effect going on. Mango will usually beat Leffen, Leffen usually beats Armada and Armada usually beats Mango, so although right now it's looking like Leffen is the favorite after winning 3 straight nationals with gods in attendance, upsets can definitely happen. PPMD could come out of the woodworks and sweep evo like he took apex, Mango could turn into "neo" and get the 3 peat that he's been wanting so badly, I could definitely see Armada turning it up and winning the whole thing, and you can never count out Hbox after that fantastic performance last year at evo. In addition, players like axe and westballz definitely make upsets even more likely

Grass

Smash Lord
Mango could turn into "neo" and get the 3 peat that he's been wanting so badly
Hahahahaha Speaking of Neo...

But in all seriousness, Mang0 pulling Evo out of his ass would be laughable. Even M2K pulling evo 1st place would be laughable. Let's be honest the old gods are still good, but there is a clear and present rise of really good new players. Wizzrobe has the M2K potential, Westballs is looking like he might replace Zhu, and Hax is one of the best foxes I've seen since SilentWolf. Maybe M2K is right in that we need fresh blood to be the new gods of smash. The old gods have had their reign, let's just let them retire.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, after today I'm honestly not sure what will happen at evo. It seems like the bracket will play a huge role in how things go, since it seems like the expected top 3 has something of a triangle effect going on. Mango will usually beat Leffen, Leffen usually beats Armada and Armada usually beats Mango, so although right now it's looking like Leffen is the favorite after winning 3 straight nationals with gods in attendance, upsets can definitely happen. PPMD could come out of the woodworks and sweep evo like he took apex, Mango could turn into "neo" and get the 3 peat that he's been wanting so badly, I could definitely see Armada turning it up and winning the whole thing, and you can never count out Hbox after that fantastic performance last year at evo. In addition, players like axe and westballz definitely make upsets even more likely
Now we're playing the guessing game on who is going to win Evo 2015.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Leffen won't win EVO 2015

If Mang0 is seen with a fruit cup and water then he will win again and maintain his GOAT status. 3 peat.

Grand Finals - Mang0 vs PPMD

Top Bottom